Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Asking prices for Torres/Morris & who many Nuckleheads want but won't be moving?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 "Bull" Horvat

"Bull" Horvat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Whether you guys need proof or not... (willing to screenshot) I was DM'ing Fred Poulin (@FredPoulin98) on Twitter ... that same guy who was saying Boyd/Torres/Morris was on the market...

So I asked him at first: "Any word Doan/Vermette will be movable?"

FP: "None of them are moving"

Myself: "What's the price for Morris/Trorres?"

FP: "middle round draft pick for Torres, and a prospect for Morris"

I've spoken to Fred a number of times and he's pretty well connected with the news in Phoenix, I guess it's because he's from Quebec and just can't stop looking into the possibilities of Phoenix's franchise moving. I totally find him credible, he's a nice fellow to follow too if you guys want.

but yeah, i have a really big hype for Morris right now just because he's a defensive defensemen whose a righty which many believe we need. he has great hitting and block stats which reminds me of Josh Gorges from Montreal Canadiens. he may be 6'0 but he's a pretty cheap player we can take on even if we decide to use compliance buyout on Ballard. with Manny & Booth's cap on IR (most likely done before trade deadline), we definitely have a lot of cap space. especially if Lu gets moved (Which ... I'm having a feeling nowadays he won't be moved)
Posted Image

#2 Easton76

Easton76

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

Coool

Shanahan went soft on Keith.

Keith is a pretty ugly dude after all....

#3 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Torres - Matthias - Hansen.

That is a 3rd line.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#4 "Bull" Horvat

"Bull" Horvat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

honestly if MG can get Matthias/Morris/playmaker type of skater all 3 without moving Lu I'm all for keeping him til Summer/Draft time.
Posted Image

#5 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

POPULAR

If Gillis actually trades anything for Raffi Torres when he could've simply resigned him at no cost to the organization in terms of picks or players--which he should've, considering how integral Torres was to the Canucks during the '11 playoffs--how in the world can anyone say he is not one of the worst GMs in the sport today? The guys is an idiot, and I'm tired of everyone telling me to leave him alone as though they're that blonde-haired kid screaming for everyone to back off Britney Spears.

#6 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

POPULAR

If Gillis actually trades anything for Raffi Torres when he could've simply resigned him at no cost to the organization in terms of picks or players--which he should've, considering how integral Torres was to the Canucks during the '11 playoffs--how in the world can anyone say he is not one of the worst GMs in the sport today? The guys is an idiot, and I'm tired of everyone telling me to leave him alone as though they're that blonde-haired kid screaming for everyone to back off Britney Spears.

Exaggeration much? You're no better than the people who think he's a god no matter what.

And middle round pick for Torres? I'd be all over that, done deal.

#7 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Exaggeration much? You're no better than the people who think he's a god no matter what.

"Exaggeration much?" isn't a counter-point. It isn't even a sentence.

#8 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,769 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

Jesus christ what is with CDC and Torres. Dude scored 14 goals in a season, most of which were scattered through 3 or 4 games, and was literally non-existent for 85% of the season.

Half of Torres' goal tally came within the first month of the season. He then went 20 games with 1 goal. He then spent the second half of the season collecting questionable penalties and the occasional hit.

In the playoffs he was a fringe player, sometimes playing as little as 5-6 minutes against Chicago. In his biggest games (against SJ), he didn't generate much of anything. Nothing more than any other 3rd liner could do, at least.

BUT BUT BUT BUT HE SKATES FAST!

Edited by GLASSJAW, 28 March 2013 - 02:06 AM.

Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#9 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

POPULAR

Jesus christ what is with CDC and Torres. Dude scored 14 goals in a season, most of which were scattered through 3 or 4 games, and was literally non-existent for 85% of the season.

Half of Torres' goal tally came within the first month of the season. He then went 20 games with 1 goal. He then spent the second half of the season collecting questionable penalties and the occasional hit.

In the playoffs he was a fringe player, sometimes playing as little as 5-6 minutes against Chicago. In his biggest games (against SJ), he didn't generate much of anything. Nothing more than any other 3rd liner could do, at least.

:huh:

He destroyed Thorton with one of the cleanest hits i've seen in a while. He tried to kill McGinn a number of times after he was decimating our defense. He took Seabrook (2011) and Hossa (2012) out.

Now, i'm not saying that i want Torres back to go out and headshot people. But i'd glady, trade a 3rd round pick for Torres if he can let's say, hit Toews/Kane so hard they separate their shoulder in the WCF. What's the point of physicality if you're not inflicting pain?

Edited by Django, 28 March 2013 - 02:16 AM.

Posted Image

#10 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

"Exaggeration much?" isn't a counter-point. It isn't even a sentence.

Cool

#11 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

POPULAR

Fringe player in the playoffs, huh? Here 's a few of his contributions during the last two years of playoffs:

- Leveled Brent Seabrook and scared him half to death during the Canucks's series with the Blackhawks.

- Dislocated Joe Thornton's shoulder during the WCFs, essentially neutralizing his play for the series.

- Scored the the game-winning, and only goal in game 1 of the SCFs.

- Whether you agree with the hit or not, took out Chicago's third-best forward in Marian Hossa during the Phoenix-Blackhawks series...

But yeah, you're right, he basically just disappears when the games really start to count...

#12 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

:huh:

He destroyed Thorton with one of the cleanest hits i've seen in a while. He tried to kill McGinn a number of times after he was decimating our defense. He took Seabrook (2011) and Hossa (2012) out.

Now, i'm not saying that i want Torres back to go out and headshot people. But i'd glady, trade a 3rd round pick for Torres if he can let's say, hit Toews/Kane so hard they separate their shoulder in the WCF. What's the point of physicality if you're not inflicting pain?

Woops, you beat me to the punch while I was typing my response out.

#13 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Woops, you beat me to the punch while I was typing my response out.

Great minds think alike :)

Posted Image

#14 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,769 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Fringe player in the playoffs, huh? Here 's a few of his contributions during the last two years of playoffs:

- Leveled Brent Seabrook and scared him half to death during the Canucks's series with the Blackhawks.

- Dislocated Joe Thornton's shoulder during the WCFs, essentially neutralizing his play for the series.

- Scored the the game-winning, and only goal in game 1 of the SCFs.

- Whether you agree with the hit or not, took out Chicago's third-best forward in Marian Hossa during the Phoenix-Blackhawks series...

But yeah, you're right, he basically just disappears when the games really start to count...

You mean the series against the Black Hawks that the Canucks were already playing well in, and up 3-0 in? Before the hit, apparently, woke the Black Hawks up and took the series to 7 games? The same Chicago series where he played 5, 6, sometimes 7 minutes a game? Yeah, total force.

No opinion on the Thornton hit

Congrats on the goal though. That makes 4 goals in his last 34 playoff games.

Also not a fan of his hit on Hossa, and I certainly wouldn't want to sign Torres in anticipating of him taking another 20+ game suspension for trying to take out a star player.

Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player, I just don't get why CDC'ers are in love with the guy, as if he brings something that other third liners don't. He doesn't.
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#15 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

We had arguably one of the safest third line back then, although malhotra definitely played a huge role. He was worth $1m, for like 14goals, playoff exp, hardwork and good crash n' bang? of course we love him. i'd argue that malhotra/torres/hansen/glass/kesler/burrows were our BEST players in relation to their salary.

#16 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

The intantible aspects his physucal game bring are really valuable. Nothing like having the other team wonder who he's going to obliterate next. Plus, who wouldn't like him to send Keith off the ice on a stretcher?

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#17 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

Polasek/Andersson/Mullen and a 4th for Torres and Morris is a good deal.

If you mess with the Sedins and see Torres and Tostito coming over the boards, you're going to want to get to the bench pretty fast. That's what he brings. Torres also has experience.

#18 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,386 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

Dude what playoffs were you watching?? Torres was easily in the top 4 of our players if we're talking about playoff performers during the 2011 run. You actually described the exact opposite of what Torres did/was.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#19 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Isn't Morris an offensive defenseman?

#20 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

The intantible aspects his physucal game bring are really valuable. Nothing like having the other team wonder who he's going to obliterate next. Plus, who wouldn't like him to send Keith off the ice on a stretcher?

Dude if Torres even farts near a Hawk in the playoffs he will suspended for at least 2 games, he is basicly neutered and useless because of some of the hits he laid out in the playoffs.. the league has deemed him a predator.

#21 Noseforthenet

Noseforthenet

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

You mean the series against the Black Hawks that the Canucks were already playing well in, and up 3-0 in? Before the hit, apparently, woke the Black Hawks up and took the series to 7 games? The same Chicago series where he played 5, 6, sometimes 7 minutes a game? Yeah, total force.

No opinion on the Thornton hit

Congrats on the goal though. That makes 4 goals in his last 34 playoff games.

Also not a fan of his hit on Hossa, and I certainly wouldn't want to sign Torres in anticipating of him taking another 20+ game suspension for trying to take out a star player.

Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player, I just don't get why CDC'ers are in love with the guy, as if he brings something that other third liners don't. He doesn't.

That's easy. He keeps the opposition's heads on a swivel. Can you name one guy available for a trade that can do this and is better than Torres?

#22 infinitecarnage

infinitecarnage

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

i'd argue that malhotra/torres/hansen/glass/kesler/burrows were our BEST players in relation to their salary.

fixed

Edited by infinitecarnage, 28 March 2013 - 07:33 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

Torres - Matthias - Hansen.

That is a 3rd line.

So is

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#24 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

How bout Torres- Laps - Hansen. The original grind line.

He's an expierenced nhl player and playoff performer. Hes an ex 20 goal scorer and hes been in the leauge for a while. The expierence is very important, and Canucks fans want another physical player that is a huge presence out there.

Are you Torres hating punks even aware that having Torres around forces the other teams defence to think a little quicker, and they have to look over their shoulders as a hitting machine is on its way if they don't clear the puck quickly? Torres is awesome to have back.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#25 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

I want Cammaleri out of Calgary

#26 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

How bout Torres- Laps - Hansen. The original grind line.

He's an expierenced nhl player and playoff performer. Hes an ex 20 goal scorer and hes been in the leauge for a while. The expierence is very important, and Canucks fans want another physical player that is a huge presence out there.

Are you Torres hating punks even aware that having Torres around forces the other teams defence to think a little quicker, and they have to look over their shoulders as a hitting machine is on its way if they don't clear the puck quickly? Torres is awesome to have back.

Are you Torres loving punks even aware that he is a marked man now. His reputation is such that if he even touches another player he is penalized. His reputation precedes him, regardless of any 'clean checks'. Notice his PIMs are at 14m this year. Torres has changed his game. That last suspension didn't help his team or his reputation. That's why the return for him his a 3rd round pick. His head hunting days are done.

#27 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

He injured Seabrook and Thornton that year. And last year as a Yote he took out Hossa. Good enough for me.

We need that kind of physical threat on the ice. If it isn't Torres then I'll settle for someone else like him. Right now we don't really have that type of player on the ice.

Edited by CB007, 28 March 2013 - 10:29 AM.

Posted Image

#28 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Are you Torres loving punks even aware that he is a marked man now. His reputation is such that if he even touches another player he is penalized. His reputation precedes him, regardless of any 'clean checks'. Notice his PIMs are at 14m this year. Torres has changed his game. That last suspension didn't help his team or his reputation. That's why the return for him his a 3rd round pick. His head hunting days are done.

One can argue that losing Hossa was a reason why Chicago got bounced by Phoenix last year.

But yes too bad he is a changed man.
Posted Image

#29 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

dont reply to him he is a troll PrimeMinisterBure

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#30 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,084 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

I agree with those that say it would be stupid to trade for him back. MG screwed it up, don't screw it up more now.

Though it would be nice to have him again, but I'm not sure he'll be hitting as hard after that unwarranted suspension.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.