The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Asking prices for Torres/Morris & who many Nuckleheads want but won't be moving?

Whether you guys need proof or not... (willing to screenshot) I was DM'ing Fred Poulin (@FredPoulin98) on Twitter ... that same guy who was saying Boyd/Torres/Morris was on the market...

So I asked him at first: "Any word Doan/Vermette will be movable?"

FP: "None of them are moving"

Myself: "What's the price for Morris/Trorres?"

FP: "middle round draft pick for Torres, and a prospect for Morris"

I've spoken to Fred a number of times and he's pretty well connected with the news in Phoenix, I guess it's because he's from Quebec and just can't stop looking into the possibilities of Phoenix's franchise moving. I totally find him credible, he's a nice fellow to follow too if you guys want.

but yeah, i have a really big hype for Morris right now just because he's a defensive defensemen whose a righty which many believe we need. he has great hitting and block stats which reminds me of Josh Gorges from Montreal Canadiens. he may be 6'0 but he's a pretty cheap player we can take on even if we decide to use compliance buyout on Ballard. with Manny & Booth's cap on IR (most likely done before trade deadline), we definitely have a lot of cap space. especially if Lu gets moved (Which ... I'm having a feeling nowadays he won't be moved)

If Gillis actually trades anything for Raffi Torres when he could've simply resigned him at no cost to the organization in terms of picks or players--which he should've, considering how integral Torres was to the Canucks during the '11 playoffs--how in the world can anyone say he is not one of the worst GMs in the sport today? The guys is an idiot, and I'm tired of everyone telling me to leave him alone as though they're that blonde-haired kid screaming for everyone to back off Britney Spears.

If Gillis actually trades anything for Raffi Torres when he could've simply resigned him at no cost to the organization in terms of picks or players--which he should've, considering how integral Torres was to the Canucks during the '11 playoffs--how in the world can anyone say he is not one of the worst GMs in the sport today? The guys is an idiot, and I'm tired of everyone telling me to leave him alone as though they're that blonde-haired kid screaming for everyone to back off Britney Spears.

Jesus christ what is with CDC and Torres. Dude scored 14 goals in a season, most of which were scattered through 3 or 4 games, and was literally non-existent for 85% of the season.

Half of Torres' goal tally came within the first month of the season. He then went 20 games with 1 goal. He then spent the second half of the season collecting questionable penalties and the occasional hit.

In the playoffs he was a fringe player, sometimes playing as little as 5-6 minutes against Chicago. In his biggest games (against SJ), he didn't generate much of anything. Nothing more than any other 3rd liner could do, at least.

BUT BUT BUT BUT HE SKATES FAST!

Jesus christ what is with CDC and Torres. Dude scored 14 goals in a season, most of which were scattered through 3 or 4 games, and was literally non-existent for 85% of the season.

Half of Torres' goal tally came within the first month of the season. He then went 20 games with 1 goal. He then spent the second half of the season collecting questionable penalties and the occasional hit.

In the playoffs he was a fringe player, sometimes playing as little as 5-6 minutes against Chicago. In his biggest games (against SJ), he didn't generate much of anything. Nothing more than any other 3rd liner could do, at least.

:huh:

He destroyed Thorton with one of the cleanest hits i've seen in a while. He tried to kill McGinn a number of times after he was decimating our defense. He took Seabrook (2011) and Hossa (2012) out.

Now, i'm not saying that i want Torres back to go out and headshot people. But i'd glady, trade a 3rd round pick for Torres if he can let's say, hit Toews/Kane so hard they separate their shoulder in the WCF. What's the point of physicality if you're not inflicting pain?

Fringe player in the playoffs, huh? Here 's a few of his contributions during the last two years of playoffs:

- Leveled Brent Seabrook and scared him half to death during the Canucks's series with the Blackhawks.

- Dislocated Joe Thornton's shoulder during the WCFs, essentially neutralizing his play for the series.

- Scored the the game-winning, and only goal in game 1 of the SCFs.

- Whether you agree with the hit or not, took out Chicago's third-best forward in Marian Hossa during the Phoenix-Blackhawks series...

But yeah, you're right, he basically just disappears when the games really start to count...

Polasek/Andersson/Mullen and a 4th for Torres and Morris is a good deal.

If you mess with the Sedins and see Torres and Tostito coming over the boards, you're going to want to get to the bench pretty fast. That's what he brings. Torres also has experience.

Archived