Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Asking prices for Torres/Morris & who many Nuckleheads want but won't be moving?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#61 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

This guy would rather have Torres on our 4th line than Dustin Brown on our 2nd.

The recipe for success is not having a soft top 6 and an unskilled, but gritty bottom 6. You need balance, friend. We have none of it. Kassian was meant to fix that. He hasn't (yet), so yeah, pay the price like the Penguins are currently doing. Like the Bruins are trying to do.

That is the formula. Not 4th line grit.

I would absolutely rather have Brown on the 2nd line than Torres on the 4th, but why not go for both?
Posted Image

#62 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

We don't need any wingers. A big Centerman is a must. Martin Hanzel would look really nice on the third line. So would Derek Roy.
jersey collection.jpg

#63 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,456 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

We don't need any wingers. A big Centerman is a must. Martin Hanzel would look really nice on the third line. So would Derek Roy.

We do if we don't want Weise and Sestito being our depth guys.

I think if we can add a fourth line winger we should. But obviously a centerman is first priority.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#64 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

I think CDC has been given misinformation about Derek Roy. This is like the third time I've seen him called "big." He's 5'9".

Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player who would really help our team. But all you size fetishists are gonna be in for a rude awakening...

#65 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Fringe player in the playoffs, huh? Here 's a few of his contributions during the last two years of playoffs:

- Leveled Brent Seabrook and scared him half to death during the Canucks's series with the Blackhawks.

- Dislocated Joe Thornton's shoulder during the WCFs, essentially neutralizing his play for the series.

- Scored the the game-winning, and only goal in game 1 of the SCFs.

- Whether you agree with the hit or not, took out Chicago's third-best forward in Marian Hossa during the Phoenix-Blackhawks series...

But yeah, you're right, he basically just disappears when the games really start to count...

Didn't Torres score the game winning goal in game 1 of the finals?

#66 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Didn't Torres score the game winning goal in game 1 of the finals?

Didn't you read what you just quoted?

"- Scored the the game-winning, and only goal in game 1 of the SCFs."

#67 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Friedman just said Canucks are looking at Torres. Can u imagine? If they gave up assets/picks for someone they should have signed 2 yrs ago - I'd be so peeved. Peeved. But happy Torres is back, he's very effective, always liked him.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.