The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Asking prices for Torres/Morris & who many Nuckleheads want but won't be moving?

Do we need it, though? We have players who are on pace to match and beat Torres' physical play, and we have players who dish out a lot more of it. Why do we need Torres? In hopes that he'll injure another star?

We need top 6 aggression, NOT bottom 6 aggression.

So you'd rather pay a prospect and a 1st rounder for Clowe to be a grinder? If we can get Torres for a 4th rounder to play on the 4th line, I'd be perfectly happy with that. He's the kind of guy that will keep players on the other team accountable.

I say the Canucks should find a way to get him. A middle draft pick may be too high. Something something along the line of a 5th rounder or some prospect the Canucks might not want to re-sign.

While he is a marked man, having him around when the game gets chippy would be a good insurance policy. If guys start making borderline hits against the Canucks with the ref turning a blind eye, set Torres free to do something similar.

Torres-Lapierre-Hansen line was the most effective during the finals, when things are very physical and tight checking. You got to play in every kind of style.

Clowe, Matt Martin,

Torres should be retired by the league he can't seem to remember to play hockey. I don't know what game he's playing but it aint hockey. Peoples heads shouldn't be on a swivel waiting to be blindsided when the puck is no where near them. Torres hunts vulnerable people who have no reason to expect a hit. I didn't like it when he played for us it took all the enjoyment out of winning. Wish we still had Willie Mitchel though he hit like a truck

If Gillis actually trades anything for Raffi Torres when he could've simply resigned him at no cost to the organization in terms of picks or players--which he should've, considering how integral Torres was to the Canucks during the '11 playoffs--how in the world can anyone say he is not one of the worst GMs in the sport today? The guys is an idiot, and I'm tired of everyone telling me to leave him alone as though they're that blonde-haired kid screaming for everyone to back off Britney Spears.

Do we need it, though? We have players who are on pace to match and beat Torres' physical play, and we have players who dish out a lot more of it. Why do we need Torres? In hopes that he'll injure another star?

We need top 6 aggression, NOT bottom 6 aggression.

I know it is silly to ask this on page 2/3 of a thread, but are you guys actually talking about Derek Morris? I haven't seen the word 'Derek' in this thread yet so I like to get up to speed.

No thanks to him... Torris is fine.

Archived