Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danjr

Luongo appreciation thread in case he gets traded at D.L.

112 posts in this topic

I'm finally accepting the fact that Luongo's time here is done, but I'm just still finding it so hard to believe that the Luongo-era in Vancouver is over. One of the biggest reasons why I became such a big Canucks fan.

God damn, reading this thread has made me teary-eyed.

I still remember the glove save luongo made in his first game as a canucks back in 2006.

corys our guy but luo has set the bar and i dont think anyone will ever pass him

if we seriously trade luongo its the bighest mistake this team could ever make its not even a real option in my eyes i guarantee if we trade him this team doesnt have a chance at the cup for a long time schneider is doing good now when hes playing teams that are playing like trash and hes seeing around 20 shots a game on average and our defense is actually showing up so there arent many good shots on him what about the first few months of this season when he had maybe 2 or 3 average to good games out of his first ten and luongo has played excellent all year besides what 2-3 games this is all a sh!tshow and trading an all star goalie like luongo is a jack@ss move

Thank you Roberto Luongo. You brought this team from the basement to the penthouse. For what you have done for the Vancouver Canucks and sports in this city, I am eternally grateful.

Also your pose and class in how you have supported Cory is beyond words.

Thank you Luo

I think some of you guys who are saying Cory has a chance of being traded too are delusional or just wishful.

Luongo is definitely under appreciated at times by fans here. Even I've been harsh on him at times, but it's just because I think we were spoiled by him earlier on in his career, and he had a few meltdowns in the playoffs when everyone expected more out of him.

In the end though, he was the best goalie we've had since Kirk McLean, and has done a ton of this team. He's a class act and we've had the privilege of having a quality starting goaltender for years because of him. I'll definitely miss him if he goes.

It just blows my mind how NOW the fans are starting to "wish him luck" and say how much they'll miss him. Why couldn't everyone done this in June 2011?

I think it sucks how management has treated Luongo. Players will see this and not want to come to Vancouver under Gillis' regime.

I think it sucks how management has treated Luongo. Players will see this and not want to come to Vancouver under Gillis' regime.

It just blows my mind how NOW the fans are starting to "wish him luck" and say how much they'll miss him. Why couldn't everyone done this in June 2011?

I think some of you guys who are saying Cory has a chance of being traded too are delusional or just wishful.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the best goalies to put on a Vancouver jersey. It's not Lu's fault Gillis signed him to a million year contract, and that a younger, cheaper goalie is currently outplaying him.

Note to Gillis. Very few goalies remain elite their whole career. I'm glad the NHL has put in contract restrictions on length of term.

If Gillis had signed him to a 5-6 year deal front loaded, I bet he would have been gone in the offseason.

Luongo is the best goalie this franchise has ever had. Cory has big shoes to fill.

Luongo is the best goalie this franchise has ever had. Cory has big shoes to fill.

I remember when my brother and I were talking in the car once, discussing what it would be like to get a world-class goalie like Nabokov (at least at that time), Turco (again at that time), or Luongo. Funnily enough, a month or two later, the Canucks acquired him.

I also love how he is lower on the TOI ranking but higher on shutouts and the like. Means he is better than many on that list that is "above" him.

Mr. Polar opposite

A player that fans hold higher than the team.

A player that fans hold lower than the team.

A player that dominated.

A player that got dominated.

he is Grossly Overrated.

He is Grossly Underrated.

Cap hit good

Cap hit long.