The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Canucks, Leafs are back talking again

I basically have no faith in any media source regarding trade speculation.

Anything these puppets tell us are controlled by GM's none of them have an inside track.

These clowns are just as credible as anyone of us on these boards.

The only difference is they are on TV and make money off an educated "if you call it that" guess

Starting rumors about people with lives to make money.

Awesome

My favorite is how Luongo supposedly turned down a trade to Toronto, and how it has grown into this huge selfish act when in no way is this proven to be true. Heck they even know the players involved.

Stupid selfish Luongo

But ya, now they are talking again.

Cause Luongo has magically changed his mind?

Or is it because he has sat on the bench for 6 games? "ya ok ill go to Toronto now"

And we are all suppose to believe this crap cause some blabber mouth said so?

How many years have we listened to Iginla rumors?

How about that poor bugger?

I don't understand how these guys get away with this.

Totally done with all this nonsense.

You are dreaming in technicolour. Lou is pretty much worthless, and carries a terrible contract. Go to NHL.com and look up his stats and compare them to other goalies - he ranks about 30th - the only way that changes a game is in a negative sense. Why a team would take on 5.3 mil a year for the next seven years on a 33 year old goalie who is most likely worse than the one they already have is a mystery understandable only by Lou fans. Lou is nowhere near top 5 in the league, he is 32nd in GAA among goalies with 10 or more games - get it? 32 is greater than 5. There are thirty teams in the league and practically every one of them has one goalie better than Luongo. Why then, would they give up anything of value to get him? Why do you think he has not already been traded - after all of this time?

Kadri is still out there, don't be surprised to see

Lou+Raymond/Higgins/Ballard+prospect

For

Kadri+Gardner+high pick 2013

Lou is a game changer, top 5 in the league and will demand a high return by trade deadline.

All you folks who think were just gonna give lu away are slow .. yeah the contracts ugly , and so are most contracts for big stars ... toronto needs lu more than we need kadri .. go look at the standings .. Yeah ... i mean why not miss the playoffs again if your a leafs fan ? they are used to it ..

What are you smoking? You're basing this on stats during a lock out season in which Lu hasn't even started half of the games.If you want to compare stats why don't you compare his career stats, they're certainly tops in the league. He's got a better career SP% than Marty Fcuking Brodeur. Here, I'll help you list the teams with a better goalie than LU.

Boston

Los Angeles

New York Rangers

Montreal

Nashville

and for now New Jersey

Oh really?

Actually there was never a deal sufficient enough for gillis to bring to luongo. Gillis has not agreed on any thing yet and luongo has not been asked to waive, those were mostly retracted statements by idiots from the Toronto media.. Toronto lowballed us and we asked for too much.. What those offers are, are completely unknown. Everything said about it was speculation. From what was said all we know is we asked for too much youth and they wanted us to take cap dumps.

It's pretty easy to speculate from there but the facts are, both teams have not come to agreement and no deal has been rejected by luongo.

It's a Vancouver Toronto lockout and no one has budged

Anything these puppets tell us are controlled by GM's none of them have an inside track.

The only difference is they are on TV and make money off an educated "if you call it that" guess

Awesome

My favorite is how Luongo supposedly turned down a trade to Toronto, and how it has grown into this huge selfish act when in no way is this proven to be true. Heck they even know the players involved.

Stupid selfish Luongo

Or is it because he has sat on the bench for 6 games? "ya ok ill go to Toronto now"

Awesome

Stupid selfish Luongo

Oh really?

Actually there was never a deal sufficient enough for gillis to bring to luongo. Gillis has not agreed on any thing yet and luongo has not been asked to waive, those were mostly retracted statements by idiots from the Toronto media.. Toronto lowballed us and we asked for too much.. What those offers are, are completely unknown. Everything said about it was speculation. From what was said all we know is we asked for too much youth and they wanted us to take cap dumps.

It's pretty easy to speculate from there but the facts are, both teams have not come to agreement and no deal has been rejected by luongo.

It's a Vancouver Toronto lockout and no one has budged

All you folks who think were just gonna give lu away are slow .. yeah the contracts ugly , and so are most contracts for big stars ... toronto needs lu more than we need kadri .. go look at the standings .. Yeah ... i mean why not miss the playoffs again if your a leafs fan ? they are used to it ..

What a joke. I really don't see anything from LeafLaLaLand that our team needs. The Islanders are where I think he will eventually end up. They are probably in the most desperate need of a goaltender, they have the assets, Lou started his career there, and most importantly, their idiot owner and GM would pay a ransom for Lou, which would be awesome for us. I still like the idea of:

Bailey+Nino+1st. Done deal! Get r done! Move on! Win the cup!

What a joke. I really don't see anything from LeafLaLaLand that our team needs. The Islanders are where I think he will eventually end up. They are probably in the most desperate need of a goaltender, they have the assets, Lou started his career there, and most importantly, their idiot owner and GM would pay a ransom for Lou, which would be awesome for us. I still like the idea of:

What are you smoking? You're basing this on stats during a lock out season in which Lu hasn't even started half of the games.If you want to compare stats why don't you compare his career stats, they're certainly tops in the league. He's got a better career SP% than Marty Fcuking Brodeur. Here, I'll help you list the teams with a better goalie than LU.

Boston

Los Angeles

New York Rangers

Montreal

Nashville

and for now New Jersey

Archived