168 replies to this topic

#121 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

I basically have no faith in any media source regarding trade speculation.

Anything these puppets tell us are controlled by GM's none of them have an inside track.

These clowns are just as credible as anyone of us on these boards.

The only difference is they are on TV and make money off an educated "if you call it that" guess

Starting rumors about people with lives to make money.

Awesome

My favorite is how Luongo supposedly turned down a trade to Toronto, and how it has grown into this huge selfish act when in no way is this proven to be true. Heck they even know the players involved.

Stupid selfish Luongo

But ya, now they are talking again.
Cause Luongo has magically changed his mind?
Or is it because he has sat on the bench for 6 games? "ya ok ill go to Toronto now"

And we are all suppose to believe this crap cause some blabber mouth said so?

How many years have we listened to Iginla rumors?

How about that poor bugger?

I don't understand how these guys get away with this.

Totally done with all this nonsense.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#122 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

You are dreaming in technicolour. Lou is pretty much worthless, and carries a terrible contract. Go to NHL.com and look up his stats and compare them to other goalies - he ranks about 30th - the only way that changes a game is in a negative sense. Why a team would take on 5.3 mil a year for the next seven years on a 33 year old goalie who is most likely worse than the one they already have is a mystery understandable only by Lou fans. Lou is nowhere near top 5 in the league, he is 32nd in GAA among goalies with 10 or more games - get it? 32 is greater than 5. There are thirty teams in the league and practically every one of them has one goalie better than Luongo. Why then, would they give up anything of value to get him? Why do you think he has not already been traded - after all of this time?

What are you smoking? You're basing this on stats during a lock out season in which Lu hasn't even started half of the games.If you want to compare stats why don't you compare his career stats, they're certainly tops in the league. He's got a better career SP% than Marty Fcuking Brodeur. Here, I'll help you list the teams with a better goalie than LU.

Boston
Los Angeles
New York Rangers
Montreal
Nashville
and for now New Jersey

#123 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Kadri is still out there, don't be surprised to see

Lou+Raymond/Higgins/Ballard+prospect

For

Kadri+Gardner+high pick 2013

Lou is a game changer, top 5 in the league and will demand a high return by trade deadline.

That would wreck not only what we are trying to build but it would put Schroeder and Hansen off as well.

Anyway the way Kadri is playing (point a game) it would be like us giving up a Sedin 3 years ago. It won't happen, there would be a riot in Toronto.

Bozak? maybe
Gardiner? same as Kadri.
Franson? maybe but doubtful
JvR........I think this could be our target. Gillis will try his hand for Kadri or Bozak but I think he will ACT like he is settling for JvR when he is turned down.

So lets say JvR and Franson for Ballard, Luongo and 2nd.
Kevin.jpg

#124 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

All you folks who think were just gonna give lu away are slow .. yeah the contracts ugly , and so are most contracts for big stars ... toronto needs lu more than we need kadri .. go look at the standings .. Yeah ... i mean why not miss the playoffs again if your a leafs fan ? they are used to it ..

#125 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

What are you smoking? You're basing this on stats during a lock out season in which Lu hasn't even started half of the games.If you want to compare stats why don't you compare his career stats, they're certainly tops in the league. He's got a better career SP% than Marty Fcuking Brodeur. Here, I'll help you list the teams with a better goalie than LU.

Boston
Los Angeles
New York Rangers
Montreal
Nashville
and for now New Jersey

and even some of those are arguable

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#126 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,094 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

Oh really?

Actually there was never a deal sufficient enough for gillis to bring to luongo. Gillis has not agreed on any thing yet and luongo has not been asked to waive, those were mostly retracted statements by idiots from the Toronto media.. Toronto lowballed us and we asked for too much.. What those offers are, are completely unknown. Everything said about it was speculation. From what was said all we know is we asked for too much youth and they wanted us to take cap dumps.

It's pretty easy to speculate from there but the facts are, both teams have not come to agreement and no deal has been rejected by luongo.

It's a Vancouver Toronto lockout and no one has budged

Yeah, the only name that has been consistently floated as an offer for Lou, was Luke Schenn, very early on in the process. MG said no thanks and the Buds started talking to Homer instead...

In hindsight, if MG had known he could flip Schenn for JVR, he might have done the deal...

I think he said the most attractive part was the contract , Read all of the article and it will answer your question

This is true, but it's also true that Kipper has been garbage this year and injury prone for the last few. All of those years of starting 70+ games has caught up with him.

Why trade for someone who truly isn't an upgrade.

Hmmph, dealing him to the Leafs? Talked to Leaf fans, they say they don't want him - and they don't need him based on how they're doing.

If he goes there though, in return, I'd like to get Reimer, O'Reilley, and Kadri - that's my asking price for Lu.

Actually, I'd rather see him wind up with the Leaf's rivals, the Habs.

It doesn't matter what Leaf fans want. It's Dave Nonis and Larry Christmas Tree that have to like the deal.

And I think your asking price is unrealistic...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#127 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

Anything these puppets tell us are controlled by GM's none of them have an inside track.

The only difference is they are on TV and make money off an educated "if you call it that" guess

Awesome

My favorite is how Luongo supposedly turned down a trade to Toronto, and how it has grown into this huge selfish act when in no way is this proven to be true. Heck they even know the players involved.

Stupid selfish Luongo

Or is it because he has sat on the bench for 6 games? "ya ok ill go to Toronto now"

Well said.
Posted Image

#128 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Awesome

Stupid selfish Luongo

I agree some what. What get me is all the TV hype. I'd like to know how many of these flimsy predictions pan out? It sure gets the minions on the CDC board going though.

#129 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Oh really?

Actually there was never a deal sufficient enough for gillis to bring to luongo. Gillis has not agreed on any thing yet and luongo has not been asked to waive, those were mostly retracted statements by idiots from the Toronto media.. Toronto lowballed us and we asked for too much.. What those offers are, are completely unknown. Everything said about it was speculation. From what was said all we know is we asked for too much youth and they wanted us to take cap dumps.

It's pretty easy to speculate from there but the facts are, both teams have not come to agreement and no deal has been rejected by luongo.

It's a Vancouver Toronto lockout and no one has budged

Exactly. Some people will believe anything their mommy's will tell them.
Posted Image

#130 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

All you folks who think were just gonna give lu away are slow .. yeah the contracts ugly , and so are most contracts for big stars ... toronto needs lu more than we need kadri .. go look at the standings .. Yeah ... i mean why not miss the playoffs again if your a leafs fan ? they are used to it ..

Yeah, go look at the standings... Leafs are not missing the playoffs this year, with or without Lou in net for them down the stretch.

#131 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

For what it's worth, if anything, here's a 3 hour old NBC Pro Hockey Talk article about this possible trade.

prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/29/report-leafs-canucks-resume-luongo-trade-talks/related/

Edited by SabreFan1, 29 March 2013 - 07:52 AM.

BuffaloFansDrink-Small.jpg  True Story........

#132 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,094 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

For what it's worth, if anything, here's a 3 hour old NBC Pro Hockey Talk article about this possible trade.

prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/29/report-leafs-canucks-resume-luongo-trade-talks/related/

Thanks for posting. I think this article is actually a good indicator of how media specualtion gets blown out of proportion.

Reading the NBC article, you see the author has cited the Toronto Star article, while basically parroting the content. People read the article in T.O, they read the NBC article and listen to TV commentators discuss the Star piece and all of a sudden, "Luongo rumours are all over the media", when in fact, the entire thing has acted like a virus.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#133 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

What a joke. I really don't see anything from LeafLaLaLand that our team needs. The Islanders are where I think he will eventually end up. They are probably in the most desperate need of a goaltender, they have the assets, Lou started his career there, and most importantly, their idiot owner and GM would pay a ransom for Lou, which would be awesome for us. I still like the idea of:

Bailey+Nino+1st. Done deal! Get r done! Move on! Win the cup!

#134 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

What a joke. I really don't see anything from LeafLaLaLand that our team needs. The Islanders are where I think he will eventually end up. They are probably in the most desperate need of a goaltender, they have the assets, Lou started his career there, and most importantly, their idiot owner and GM would pay a ransom for Lou, which would be awesome for us. I still like the idea of:

You're forgetting three important words...

No Trade Clause!

Would Lui approve going to the NYI? A few weeks ago I would have said no way, but maybe Brooklyn will become close enough to Florida.
Posted Image

#135 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Boston
Los Angeles
New York Rangers
Montreal
Nashville
and for now New Jersey

You forgot Vancouver B)
Posted Image

#136 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

I would do this trade in a nano second. Essentially that's 3 first round picks. I would even do Bailey, and a first, or Nino and a first for that matter.

Edited by JohnLennon, 29 March 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#137 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

LOL! They probably would've even give us a 2nd rounder alone for Lu. I Know I wouldn't.
Posted Image

#138 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

You're forgetting three important words...

No Trade Clause!

Would Lui approve going to the NYI? A few weeks ago I would have said no way, but maybe Brooklyn will become close enough to Florida.

I think he would waive to go there. They have a good young team that I think he would have fun playing for with little pressure on him compared to the likes of Van or T.O. And like I said, he started there, which may mean nothing to him, or it may mean a little. But I think the main part is the team they have and that he would be playing in the playoffs most likely with them this year and beyond. Plus, who doesn't like NYC? Even Lou's wife prob wouldn't mind;)

#139 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

For those dreaming of sending Lu to Long Island, you do know that they have Thomas, Nabokov and DiPietro under contract, right?? Best case scenario they would have to make us take on Nabokov. LOL!
Posted Image

#140 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

For those dreaming of sending Lu to Long Island, you do know that they have Thomas, Nabokov and DiPietro under contract, right?? Best case scenario they would have to make us take on Nabokov. LOL!

and some one used the word joke talking about the leafs...people.

#141 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Toronto has pieces who could fit. I would be cautious including a center in that package it should be a separate deal. grabo and bozak could fit i just don't like the rental possibility and grabos contract. Jake gardiner must be included in this deal though or i continue to wait.

Edited by naslund.is.king, 29 March 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#142 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Bozak, Roy, Ott, Mattias are our best options for centre depth at the deadline. Of which Bozak and Roy are the most likely moved players. Of which, only the Leafs would consider having Lu on their payroll. So there you have it. If you want to move Lu for centre depth, it's Bozak.

Not that we should've try acquiring a centre via other means...
Posted Image

#143 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Note: Nabokov and Thomas will be off their books next year, but they are still eating DiPietro's contract as well as Yashin's buyout. LOL! So it all depends on how Snow want to handle DiPietro.
Posted Image

#144 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,168 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Get Grabovski + picks & prospects, then make a move for Jagr and the Canucks could be set for a long run, esp. if Kesler and Kass are back..

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Jagr
Higgins - Grabovski - Hansen
Pinner - Lapierre - Kassian

Weise, Schroeder, Sestito, Ebbett, Gordon, Booth?

#145 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Note: Nabokov and Thomas will be off their books next year, but they are still eating DiPietro's contract as well as Yashin's buyout. LOL! So it all depends on how Snow want to handle DiPietro.

Approach with caution.
Call his wife and tell her hes been bought out.although is there alot of trees In long island?.I am not Sure if he was kidding

Edited by naslund.is.king, 29 March 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#146 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Boston
Los Angeles
New York Rangers
Montreal
Nashville
and for now New Jersey

This. You can't judge too heavily on one shortened season: Rinne is 27th, Ward 28th, MIke Smith 38th, Halak 41st, Quick 42nd, Kipprusoff 46th, and Elliot is last, in save percentages. Using Ray_Cathode logic you can get these goalies for next to nothing, because they hold almost no value :rolleyes:

Edited by laxgoalie, 29 March 2013 - 09:10 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#147 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

whispers around is Luongo + schroeder for gabrovski + gardiner/1st

Ballard to be moved depending if gardiner is coming back or a pick.

#148 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

whispers around is Luongo + schroeder for gabrovski + gardiner/1st

Ballard to be moved depending if gardiner is coming back or a pick.

whispers between your left and right ear?

#149 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Awesome

Stupid selfish Luongo

Soooo, what you're saying is that you won't be up at 5 am April 3rd, waiting with bated breath in childlike-anticipation of the many moves that will be happening that morning? ;)

#150 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Boston
Los Angeles
New York Rangers
Montreal
Nashville
and for now New Jersey

What Lou did in the past is in the past. He was middle of the pack last season and worse this season. His game is in decline and no longer a top 10 goalie in this league.Listen to the man cuz hes right, and you missed a lot of teams there chum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.