The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Canucks, Leafs are back talking again

I can't believe people, or Gillis for that matter, are still contemplating Bozak. His underlying defensive #'s are crap, beyond crap. The stats nerds have outlined this so many times. He's a negative possession guy playing next to Kessel and/or Lupul. His 'WOWY' alongside Kessel speaks for itself. Underlying #'s are always the best indicator of a player. Always. You can see read NHL.com and see how many shots he blocks or how many hits he accumulates, but that site doesn't tell you the real stuff. Not to mention he's an upcoming UFA who will be looking for a payday thanks to Kessel. No thanks. Never. Gillis getter find someone else.

I'm not sure we're actually disagreeing here. If you're proposing Bozak as a third of a deal, I don't have a problem with that.

I also don't care if the Leafs wouldn't want to move Franson - they're not getting Luongo for a UFA and a spare part.

Imo the best option would be for the Leafs/Canucks to negotiate with Bozak's agent and work out terms of a sign and trade.

If that were the case and he agreed to a sensible cap hit, I probably wouldn't argue with a Bozak and a pick/prospect, but as it stands, I'd expect another roster RFA, and a backup at the very least.

Regarding Garrison, I agree that he's a solid right side guy - I've been wondering out loud in the overexposed thread all season long why he wasn't used that way, but I suppose it may have had something to do with getting him accustomed to playing here on his strong side before shifting him to the RS.

Anyhow, that does open up options, which is part of the reason I thought he was such a great acquisition in the first place. What I'm not a big fan of is the possibility of Alberts being the 6th man and relying on Barker if anyone is out of the lineup, as has been taking place recently, particularly as the postseason approaches. I think adding a guy like Franson right now makes a whole lot of sense.

Yeah thats a good point, it would be convient forsure.

I agree, since AV doesn't use Ballard, although I think he will.

Isn't Franson a right side guy? If so that would kinda ruin our current allignment of Hammer-Garrison. Unless he could switch to the left side then it is something I would look at.

Hmmph, dealing him to the Leafs? Talked to Leaf fans, they say they don't want him - and they don't need him based on how they're doing.

If he goes there though, in return, I'd like to get Reimer, O'Reilley, and Kadri - that's my asking price for Lu.

Actually, I'd rather see him wind up with the Leaf's rivals, the Habs.

You are dreaming in technicolour. Lou is pretty much worthless, and carries a terrible contract. Go to NHL.com and look up his stats and compare them to other goalies - he ranks about 30th - the only way that changes a game is in a negative sense. Why a team would take on 5.3 mil a year for the next seven years on a 33 year old goalie who is most likely worse than the one they already have is a mystery understandable only by Lou fans. Lou is nowhere near top 5 in the league, he is 32nd in GAA among goalies with 10 or more games - get it? 32 is greater than 5. There are thirty teams in the league and practically every one of them has one goalie better than Luongo. Why then, would they give up anything of value to get him? Why do you think he has not already been traded - after all of this time?

So one of you thinks Lu is the greatest the other crap. How about somewhere in the middle. He's got a few years of good hockey in him and is proven. Downside is the long contract. Most experts know that lu's stats at the moment are the result of a shortened season and not getting the chance to settle into a routine. There is a small buyer's market for him where no team is going to offer too much for him. Gillis can bluff all he likes but the market and facts remain - age and long contract and other goalies. Toronto should be interested cause neither of their goalies are great.

I think Bozak would be an excelent addition to this team and he would fill a similar role as Hodgson did, playing on the third line and the second pp. We have to accept that Luo has lost a lot of value due to next years salary cap and the trade has to mirror that. Bozak being a UFA at the end of the season just lowers his value, which I see as a positive for us, as why wouldn't he want to sign with us? whenever players come here they rave about how great the locker room is and everything that is on offer for them. I wouldn't mind spending 3 million on a player like Bozak who can fill in pretty much any role on any team in the NHL if needed.

To Toronto:

Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver:

Tyler Bozak

2nd Round pick 2013

most reasonable offer I have seen so far, might be able to get a goaltender back.

Archived