The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

North Korea 'readying rockets', aimed at U.S. targets

The Hornet

There's nothing they can do. They've pissed off China Multiple times, and to this extent its embarrassing the Chinese as it continues to look like they are supporting North Korea. I'm glad

pic kinda brought a tear to my eye. I know the North Korean soccer team had some south koreans on it, but still. Very nice pic.

China would rather have communist North Korea on their border than a united Korea with US troops stationed 100 meters off their border... they will continue to tolerate NK for a long long time...

If a war do break out, I wonder what are the chances of China "helping" UN forces. Quite possible that they'll just crush the North Korean from behind and create a buffer-zone and maintain a constant "rebuilding/reconstruction" sector.

Be easier to manage than having millions of North Korean refugees flooding into China.

I was actually in the process of editing that message that totally forgot about it.

that is the old China. I don't think China even worries about that anymore. They don't. It's pointless. China themselves are capable of defending against any American invasion or even a full out Nato invasion, "on their own"

China much rather have a united Korea ran by the South (no crap). It's just causing too much of a headache, and to an extent it's embarrasing to the Chinese and russians that they have to babysit the North Koreans all the time.

Unlikely China will do anything. Their not too fond of North Korea, as the West makes it out to be. The old China, would, not the modern day China.

It is very unlikely a war actually breaks out. If North Korea launches a missile it would need to actually enter the airspace and/or land in another country for which a defensive measure is likely all that would be seen.

If a launch attacks South Korean interests or a U.S. position in the Pacific, all you'd likely see is a retalitory strike to eliminate the military capability of a second attack.

It is very unlikely a war actually breaks out. If North Korea launches a missile it would need to actually enter the airspace and/or land in another country for which a defensive measure is likely all that would be seen.

If a launch attacks South Korean interests or a U.S. position in the Pacific, all you'd likely see is a retalitory strike to eliminate the military capability of a second attack.

(CNN) -- North Korea has upped the temperature on its neighbors, warning in a new threat that it would not give any advance notice before attacking South Korea.

"Our retaliatory action will start without any notice from now," Pyongyang said in a statementpublished Tuesdayby its official news agency, KCNA.

Given todays tragic events in Boston - I would think even the most dillusional leaders out there would understand that the US is going to be hyper sensative to any threats until it is locked down who was responsible. I am in no way suggesting NK had any involvement .... just simply that for the near future NK may just get the fight they are asking for and it won't be a happy outcome for them .... the USA with its massive might may be looking to unleash some fury if Boston has any international ties.

Or simply put - as a wounded bear now would not be a smart time to give the US a reason to fire first ... or second

Reports from either CBC/CNN/BBC today claim that a North Korean rocket can have a radius of 3,000 km. Here, the inside circle is a 3,000 km radius, and the outside a 4,000 km radius. Moreover, a nuclear strike can send particles in far-off places.

EDIT: Apparently, South Korea's foreign minister warned that North Korea could test launch its medium-range Musudan missile "any time from now." The missile is believed to have a range of about 2,175 miles (3,500 km)

SOURCES:

http://edition.cnn.c...ties/index.html

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

4612900-3x2-940x627.jpg

Archived