The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 - Avelanch 1

Hyzer

Canucks army recap: http://canucksarmy.com/2013/3/29/sedins-schneider-empty-netters-beat-avs-4-1-recap-and-chance-data

It seems like the Bieksa-Edler pairing always comes out on the bottom of things. They aren't showing up in the 'chances for' section but are getting lit up in chances against. I've been saying it since last season when they got paired (and exposed) together, I don't like this pairing. At all. I don't understand it, I think they will be the target of opposing coaches in the playoffs.

This is a pairing that is 'supposed' to drive play. They're 'supposed' to move the puck and get offensive chances. For whatever reason, they just aren't. Edler and Bieksa are on pace for low point total seasons (by their standards). The problem (well I guess it's not a problem, but) Hamhuis-Garrison are an excellent pairing. Even though Garrisons been asked to play on his offside (which is very hard when you're eating tough mins), he's still better than the Edler-Bieksa pairing combined.

The only answer I see is finding a partner for Edler - something he hasn't had since Erhoff. They probably won't find one till the summer, but it's on the 'requirement' list this summer. They HAVE to find an effective partner for him.

Archived