The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 - Avelanch 1

Hyzer

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but with his empty net goal Henrik officially passed Greg Adams to claim 10th place among the Canucks' all time goal leaders. He now has 180, which is 6 behind 9th place Don Lever, 8 behind 8th place Todd Bertuzzi and 17 behind 7th place Thomas Gradin.

I'll be a sad panda if they trade Schroeder. He wasn't having a stellar game to start, but Hansen wasn't really playing all that well either. And when you consider the entire team couldn't break out of their own zone for minutes at a time and gave up a ton of quality scoring opportunities, it seems odd to single him out for some bench warming for a couple of mediocre shifts. I'd hope it's just because Schroeder has the flu or something.

Really starting to hate Vigneault's coaching. It's not what's winning these games lately, he's just riding on the back of Schneider's amazing goaltending.

Speaking of Hansen, has anyone noticed he's been a bit off since he took that puck in the foot?

Jumping on my current hobby-horse...

I was pleased to see Sedin get across the center line before he took a shot on net.

However, I thought it was a bit of a selfish play by Higgins to take a shot at goal rather than take the time to at least try to clear the defensive zone. True, if he had missed and Colorado had scored from the icing, they would not likely have been able to score to tie the game.

What you have rather seen the final score be: a 3 - 2 Canucks win, or a 3 - 1 Canucks win? Doing what he could to help Schneider keep his GAA down is probably more important to the team than Higgins scoring a meaningless goal (except for his personal stats).

regards,

G.

Goaltending goaltending goaltending. Great performance by Schneids! Again! Rockstar. He's pretty much stealing all these games and now rocking a .934 even strength SV%. Only goalies who've played 20 games or more with better is Lundqvist/Howard. Basically, Schneider is boss and somewhere Yzerman is crying himself to sleep at night. Bwahhhhh.

Curious why Schroeder was pretty much benched in the 3rd. Injured a bit or did he have some defensive issues? They better not package him in a goalie trade. I like this kid. But he's a rookie, he's going to make mistakes, he's going to have off nights. They better not trade him for some rental at trade deadline or I'll SNAP. lol.

Good job Canucks!

Our lack of offensive depth is showing right now, we have 5 AHLers in our bottom-6 and they're doing next to nothing for us right now. Gordon, Ebbett, Pinizotto, Sestito and even Schroeder have been invisible for us lately. If that isn't a sign that MG needs to throw away some middle-picks for some 3rd and 4th liners I don't know what is. Those 5 guys don't belong on any NHL team let alone a contending one.

Great game by Schneider tonight but give AV and the boys credit for buying into his defensive system. He knows we're banged up and he's got the forwards and defence playing a solid defensive game by collapsing down quickly and not playing too wide-open. This is how you win in the playoffs, and shouldn't only be how you win when you've got lots of injuries. I hope the coaching staff recognize this because this 6 game winning streak is due to the way we're playing - DEFENCE FIRST, then opportunistic offence.

The Sedins put on a show tonight which isn't surprising. Burrows was great all night long and it makes sense to reunite our 3 best players. The stars carried the team tonight, especially Schneider who was brilliant. He's stolen us the last 6 games despite our team giving up plenty of great chances, and we need this Vezina-level of goaltending to roll into the playoffs. If he can pitch another couple of shutouts he may even get a Vezina nomination...

Archived