107 replies to this topic

#91 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

I would say the team was ugly but that sounds too nice.

Team played horrid.
Schneider was unreal again.
Sedins finally do something, about time.

Horrid? That's a bit dramatic.

At times they looked really good and at times they did not; especially that stretch in the 1st.

Anyone know how many of the shots they Avs got were from second chances after an initial save. Seems like they were right up against the net so quickly after the first shot.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 29 March 2013 - 07:52 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#92 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

last game was the exact opposite lol, we were the ones outshooting and dominating. but Bobrovsky was unreal

this will absolutely not work in the playoffs, we've already seen in the last 2 playoff series we've had (Boston and LA) what happens when we average 1 goal a game and expect our goalie to single handedly steal it for us

last game was the exact opposite lol, we were the ones outshooting and dominating. but Bobrovsky was unreal

this will absolutely not work in the playoffs, we've already seen in the last 2 playoff series we've had (Boston and LA) what happens when we average 1 goal a game and expect our goalie to single handedly steal it for us

We win the cup like LA did last year?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#93 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Posted Image

Nearly wet myself. Reminded me of:

Posted Image

#94 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

The last 7 games of the season we are really going to see hopefully what kind of team we will have going into the play-offs. 6 of the last 7 games we play, Preds, Blues, Stars, Wings,Hawks and Ducks.

#95 canucklehead4ever

canucklehead4ever

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Does anyone know the name of that song they played near the end of the game that goes like "whoa, oh oh oh, ohhhhhh"? thanks

I didn't hear the song but the firs thing that came to mind was Britney Spears - Dance Until the World Ends
"He's done it again Shorty!"

#96 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

Sorry, but.."Avelanch"? Are you bloody serrious right now?
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#97 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Horrid? That's a bit dramatic.

At times they looked really good and at times they did not; especially that stretch in the 1st.

Anyone know how many of the shots they Avs got were from second chances after an initial save. Seems like they were right up against the net so quickly after the first shot.

According to Valk the Van defenders are 'letting' the opposition in tight since CS is so strong that he can control the 2nd shots. That is what I mean by Koolaid.

#98 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Glad to get the win but you can only win so many games with goaltending bailing you out. Rest of the team needs to get their act together if they want to get past the first round this year.

1rst line and Schneider looked good last night, wasn't so impressed with the 2nd, 3rd or 4th or its various incarnations.

#99 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

WHY canucks GETS NO POWERPLAYS?

#100 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,716 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

What is pathetic is that Henrik is right behind Daniel in goals scored this year.

#101 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Schneids!

Posted Image

#102 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Posted Image

Stonewall Schneider reporting for duty!

Great goals by our top line finally, but wouldn't have mattered without Cory stealing the game yet again.

LOVE THIS WIN!!!!

Beauty!

#103 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

I think we all know why.

People are being too hard on the Nucks I think. March is by far the hardest part of our schedule. 7 games in 11 nights is ridiculous especially when we're injured, travelling further than most, and have no time for rest let alone practice. This winning streak is pure grit and character.

#104 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Canucks army recap: http://canucksarmy.c...and-chance-data

It seems like the Bieksa-Edler pairing always comes out on the bottom of things. They aren't showing up in the 'chances for' section but are getting lit up in chances against. I've been saying it since last season when they got paired (and exposed) together, I don't like this pairing. At all. I don't understand it, I think they will be the target of opposing coaches in the playoffs.

This is a pairing that is 'supposed' to drive play. They're 'supposed' to move the puck and get offensive chances. For whatever reason, they just aren't. Edler and Bieksa are on pace for low point total seasons (by their standards). The problem (well I guess it's not a problem, but) Hamhuis-Garrison are an excellent pairing. Even though Garrisons been asked to play on his offside (which is very hard when you're eating tough mins), he's still better than the Edler-Bieksa pairing combined.

The only answer I see is finding a partner for Edler - something he hasn't had since Erhoff. They probably won't find one till the summer, but it's on the 'requirement' list this summer. They HAVE to find an effective partner for him.

My daughter was gutting herself laughing when during the game I screamed out "WTF casual kev"..... I think I spend tooooo much time on these boards........

#105 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,300 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

I think this is the best indicator of how poorly the middle 40-50 minutes of the game went for the Canucks.

I was watching for the refs to even out the calls, or at least give the Avs one penalty, but Vancouver did absolutely nothing that forced Colorado into taking one.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#106 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I think this is the best indicator of how poorly the middle 40-50 minutes of the game went for the Canucks.

I was watching for the refs to even out the calls, or at least give the Avs one penalty, but Vancouver did absolutely nothing that forced Colorado into taking one.

This.

#107 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

Nearly wet myself. Reminded me of:

http://youtu.be/HFIQIpC5_wY

Micheal Caine should coach the Canucks. It would be worth it, just to hear the interviews!
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#108 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

Micheal Caine should coach the Canucks. It would be worth it, just to hear the interviews!

If anything, LA should hire him to handle Daryl Sutter's interviews. This guy tortures the English language on a nightly basis.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.