The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 - Avelanch 1

Hyzer

Still don't like the Edler-Bieksa pairing. There's no way we should be getting outshot that badly by the Avs, even with Kes out.

Still some work to do on D. Luckily Schneider has found his groove though.

Another ugly one, but a win just the same. And it's good to see the team get that winning mentality back.

Jumping on my current hobby-horse...

I was pleased to see Sedin get across the center line before he took a shot on net.

However, I thought it was a bit of a selfish play by Higgins to take a shot at goal rather than take the time to at least try to clear the defensive zone. True, if he had missed and Colorado had scored from the icing, they would not likely have been able to score to tie the game.

What you have rather seen the final score be: a 3 - 2 Canucks win, or a 3 - 1 Canucks win? Doing what he could to help Schneider keep his GAA down is probably more important to the team than Higgins scoring a meaningless goal (except for his personal stats).

regards,

G.

As Cory Schneider would say "it wasn't a Picasso"

Yikes, these games where we're getting out shot and out hit don't exactly calm my nerves about this team

Yeah we're getting the wins, but is this a sustainable way to play? And will this method still work in the playoffs?

I know, I know, we're winning and that's all that matters...but there's a right way to win and there's a wrong way to win. And during this win streak we've gotten a lot of ugly wins.

Schneider's a beast. That's encouraging at least

Yikes, these games where we're getting out shot and out hit don't exactly calm my nerves about this team

Yeah we're getting the wins, but is this a sustainable way to play? And will this method still work in the playoffs?

I know, I know, we're winning and that's all that matters...but there's a right way to win and there's a wrong way to win. And during this win streak we've gotten a lot of ugly wins.

Archived