Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Van40

Shawn Matthias

9 posts in this topic

This guys been ripping it up lately. 12 goals this season. Gillis apparently rejected a trade offer from the panthers involving Matthias. (another screw-up...oh Gillis). Anyway, what do you guys think of him? Is a legit top 6 guy? I've never seen him play but he is a big guy at 6'5 and would of looked great in a canucks uniform.

He's a 3rd liner at best right now, albeit a good one IMO. He's also 6'4.

And I would love to hear where this rumour of yours came from?

He's a 3rd liner at best right now, albeit a good one IMO. He's also 6'4.

And I would love to hear where this rumour of yours came from?

I was thinking a couple days ago how great of a fit he would be here in Vancouver. Would be a great 3rd line C with Higgins/Kassian on his wings.

+ He only takes $850,000 towards our cap hit. So if we trade Luo for a deal centered around him, we'll have $10m+ to get a couple rentals.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=06_yLWdWXlE

This guys been ripping it up lately. 12 goals this season. Gillis apparently rejected a trade offer from the panthers involving Matthias. (another screw-up...oh Gillis). Anyway, what do you guys think of him? Is a legit top 6 guy? I'V NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY but he is a big guy at 6'5 and would of looked great in a canucks uniform.

I'm afraid that ship has saled. Tallon isn't letting him go after this season. He has been a steady performer on a less than steady roster.

This guys been ripping it up lately. 12 goals this season. Gillis apparently rejected a trade offer from the panthers involving Matthias. (another screw-up...oh Gillis). Anyway, what do you guys think of him? Is a legit top 6 guy? I've never seen him play but he is a big guy at 6'5 and would of looked great in a canucks uniform.

Shawn Matthias is an amazing 3rd line Centre. He is good at a shutdown role and providing offence.

That said, I do not think Matthias will ever be a bonafide top 6 forward. Maybe a Higgins/Booth type (2nd/3rd line minutes).