The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Van-Was, Van-Dal

with the pens loading up with rentals that would put them over the top, i think the canucks should too, but not giving up the farm to land those players

1st:

Vancouver trades D Keith Ballard, LW Chris Higgins and a conditional 2013 2nd round draft pick(if van makes the conference finals its a 2nd if not it turns into a 3rd) to Washington for C Mike Ribiero

-Ribiero has been excellent this season and he can add a ton to the 2nd line with his play making ability. If this isnt enough to get him, i wouldn't give much more. this is a lot for a rental even though he has been playing great. Washington get a top 4 d-man(yes Ballard has been playing like a top 4 d-man this season, even though he got injured he wont be out long), Higgins adds a lot to their top 9, their wingers aren't very deep and a draft pick. again i wouldn't give much more than this to get Ribiero, hes just a rental.

2nd:

Vancouver trades D Peter Andersson and a 2013 3rd round draft pick(Fla) to Dallas for RW Jaromir Jagr(retains 50% of salary)

-Apparently he is on the trading block and he would be great on the top line with the Sedin's me thinks. Dallas gets a young prospect and a 3rd rounder for a guy who is a free agent at the end of the year. i think this is a decent amount for half a season, maybe a bit more. Dallas must retain 50% of his salary for cap reasons.

Buy out LW David Booth in the off-season or trade him to a team for picks if there are any takers

-the guy is a band-aid, and he doesnt have point production if he is healthy.

Roster when healthy

1.2mill in cap space

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Jagr

Burrows-Ribiero-Kesler

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Booth-Lapierre-Kassian/Weise/Sestito

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Garrison-Alberts/Barker/Vandermeer

Schneider-Luongo

Jagr, Ribiero, Raymond, Lapierre, Alberts, Barker, Vanderemer are all Free agents that we can either let walk or re-sign if we have cap space

Schroeder, Tanev, and Weise are RFA's that we can trade or re-sign

Archived