Credit to Parise11

#2 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,309 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

If Couture doesn't kick at the puck, he doesn't fall down (at least I hope he wouldn't!) so as much as Datsyuk is pretty awesome, that wasn't that great a play.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#3 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

:shock: Datsyuk is amazing.

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#4 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,575 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

Haha it's like he's toying with Couture. I hope the rumour about Datsyuk retiring from the NHL after his current contract expires isn't true. He puts on a show every night
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#5 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Haha it's like he's toying with Couture. I hope the rumour about Datsyuk retiring from the NHL after his current contract expires isn't true. He puts on a show every night

I hope it isn't true either. It's not fair if the East only has to deal with him for 1 season lol

#6 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Yeah those CBC guys really love him alot. <_<

zackass.png

#7 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

POPULAR

From the title, I thought Datsyuk did a Bobby Clark on Coutures.

#8 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Apparently Datsyuk distracted Couture by having his friend sit in the crowd holding a tub of Vaseline, box of tissues and a life size cutout of Tori Black.

Edited by etsen3, 29 March 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#9 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

I love watching Datsyuk. He's probably the only current player with the moves that remind me of Mario.

#10 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

This is what makes hockey so fun to watch when someone has skills like Pavel does.. I don't see enough of this and when it happens it is just unreal to watch!! Wicked, wicked crossover

#11 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

Datsyuk is just unreal he cant be human

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#12 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Datsyuks pretty skilled.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#13 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

2014 needs to be sooner away. Don't leave the NHL after next season, Pavel :(

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#14 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,195 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

What a bunch of homers making the call. The puck ends up on Couture's skate and he loses his balance. Big deal :bored:
Posted Image

#15 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

go home couts, you're drunk
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#16 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

What a bunch of homers making the call. The puck ends up on Couture's skate and he loses his balance. Big deal :bored:

Not sure if serious. That didn't touch his skate. Datsyuk just made him look like a fool.

#17 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,195 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Not sure if serious. That didn't touch his skate. Datsyuk just made him look like a fool.

I am serious. Look at the video again without the homer commentators. If you've played hockey you'd know what I mean.
Posted Image

#18 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,780 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Edited by TheGame., 29 March 2013 - 10:50 AM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#19 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,780 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

What a bunch of homers making the call. The puck ends up on Couture's skate and he loses his balance. Big deal

Posted Image

Never touches his skate, he gets owned.

Looks like Datsyuk is about to go through his legs but changes his mind last second.

If Couture doesn't kick at the puck, he doesn't fall down (at least I hope he wouldn't!) so as much as Datsyuk is pretty awesome, that wasn't that great a play.

Well if Datsyuk doesn't make all those moves, Couture doesn't kick at the puck and doesn't fall down!

Edited by TheGame., 29 March 2013 - 10:53 AM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#20 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

No. Datsyuk brings the puck into Couture's feet so quickly it looked like Datsyuk was going to go through Couture's legs so Couture tried to kick at the puck. By that timeDatsyuk had already pulled the puck backwards.

If the people who actually paid attention to the video all think it was a great move, I don't think that makes the Detroit announcers 'homers'. Then again, most of what you say is pretty inane, so I'm not surprised.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#21 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,780 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

No. Datsyuk brings the puck into Couture's feet so quickly it looked like Datsyuk was going to go through Couture's legs so Couture tried to kick at the puck. By that timeDatsyuk had already pulled the puck backwards.

If the people who actually paid attention to the video all think it was a great move, I don't think that makes the Detroit announcers 'homers'. Then again, most of what you say is pretty inane, so I'm not surprised.

Lol agreed, you can see in the gif I just posted it doesn't touch his skate ever. I like how he says "if you played hockey you'd know what I mean" I'm sure most of the people on this board play or have played hockey...

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#22 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,195 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

I agree. Couture goes to kick at the puck and Datsyuk pulls it back and Couture loses his balance. It's good stick handling but if Couture doesn't lose his balance it's no big deal. No goal was scored. I've seen way better moves from Datsyuk.

Still say no big deal :bored:
Posted Image

#23 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I agree. Couture goes to kick at the puck and Datsyuk pulls it back and Couture loses his balance. It's good stick handling but if Couture doesn't lose his balance it's no big deal. No goal was scored. I've seen way better moves from Datsyuk.

Couture lost his balance because of the ridiculousness of the move...... that is what makes the move special. He wouldn't have moved his feet so close together if he didn't think the puck was about to go through his feet. When Dats brings the puck back he loses his balance. Couture is a good defender and he got schooled.

EDIT: And if you're saying that

If you've played hockey you'd know what I mean

....maybe you should check out this thing called Twitter. NHL players are impressed by it and I think those guys may have played hockey before....

Edited by Down by the River, 29 March 2013 - 11:04 AM.

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

#24 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,417 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Just like this was no big deal right?

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#25 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,126 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Yep that move was absolutely ridiculous. Datsyuk just schooled Couture.

@LoganCouture

Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner..http://t.co/A4CfxDP3Tl

Posted Image

#26 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Yes, it looks like he's kicking at the puck. However, he doesn't just simply lose his balance for no reason. Datysuk confused his brain with all of those moves and he couldn't keep up which made him make the wrong decision (kicking the puck). he tried to do too much all at once. Datysuk confused him so much that couture became unaware of the direction of his own momentum and the direction that his skates were angled so when he went to kick at the puck he had himself a nice seat on the ground. His left leg should have been down to brace for that shift in momentum, but he doesn't even realize it. it's hard for me to explain in the proper words, but datsyuk messed up his balance big time with those moves.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 29 March 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#27 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,780 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Seriously? He loses his balance BECAUSE of the deke. If there was no deke, he wouldn't have lost his balance. Are you sure you played hockey.....?.

All the better moves you saw by Datsyuk are no big deal because the defenders simply just went the wrong way.... no big deal.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#28 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Seriously? He loses his balance BECAUSE of the deke. If there was no deke, he wouldn't have lost his balance. Are you sure you played hockey.....?.

All the better moves you saw by Datsyuk are no big deal because the defenders simply just went the wrong way.... no big deal.

I think he left. I'm guessing he is the one person that disliked the youtube video as well. :lol:

#29 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,780 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

I think he left. I'm guessing he is the one person that disliked the youtube video as well. :lol:

Haha probably.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#30 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Just like this was no big deal right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu1Hq-13JcY

Anyone who has ever played hockey before knows that Mario Lemieux is not that good a hockey player

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.