The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else miss the old Canucks?

Merely

I feel it was more exciting back then, I still have always been hooked to the 94 team, but the times your speak of they sure seemed more entertaining. I still have had one of the best memories watching this team, the Sedins #1, being able to watch these guys play is once in a life time, just like being able to watch Bure when he played amazing. But I fell back in those days you speak of OP I was more interested in the team, felt there was more heart and soul on the team then now. Ever since AV has become the coach of this team, I just don't find the team as exciting, and has caused me too much stress from his stupidty.

I feel it was more exciting back then, I still have always been hooked to the 94 team, but the times your speak of they sure seemed more entertaining. I still have had one of the best memories watching this team, the Sedins #1, being able to watch these guys play is once in a life time, just like being able to watch Bure when he played amazing. But I fell back in those days you speak of OP I was more interested in the team, felt there was more heart and soul on the team then now. Ever since AV has become the coach of this team, I just don't find the team as exciting, and has caused me too much stress from his stupidty.

whooo doggy what a time and the place for a old canuck yes i remember the times when yes none other than a naslund was skating hard and fast and yes the bertuzz was there and what can forget linded yes then the boom pass puck yes to tod and tod yes shoot and score! screamed linded and wowie what a goal said the bench yes what a time i remember

not at all. of all the frustrating teams this organization has fielded, that was perhaps the most frustrating "good" era. the disappointing playoff performances, the lack of depth in the squad, and the godawful goaltending all combined to make the team both exciting but extremely disappointing. i'd much rather have the skill and grind of the early-mid 90s, or the depth and talent of recent years.

i miss bertuzzi. always loved him and always will. the rest of the team, however, not so much.

The WCE was a fun deal. I also miss Jovo and the passion he brought to the game (never forget that penalty)....sorry to see he's having to have hip (?) surgery and won't play again this season.

The Linden comment ^ - perfect. Heart and soul. I grew very attached to our '94 roster - that was also a great group of guys.

But I also do love this team - we'll look back one day and say "remember how awesome the Sedins were?...how Burr clicked with them and came through in clutch situations?"....he's right up there close to Linden for me. Bieksa will remain one of my all time favourites.

People who complain don't understand that there were even times that there was talk about the team being no more, moving, etc. I appreciate having this team to cheer for, period.

I'm happy and content with what we have now. Of course, this year has been a roller-coaster ride for the team and a few debatable non-trades are downplaying this year. But overall, having watched this team for more than 20 years now - this is the most complete team we've had.

Consistent goaltending (cry all you wan't about a few games here and there), offensive firepower and depth like never before. Depth obviously has been an issue this year with so many injuries, but in the past we've been able to got past injuries pretty well. With all the guys I miss from the old days in Mogilny, Bure, Linden, Näslund, McLean, Jovanovski, Öhlund - we've never had anyone win the Art Ross, Hart Trophy, consecutive Presidents trophies before, even Jennings trophy. That says something about the team. The Stanley cup finals appearance of course included.

And in the future, we'll miss guys like Luongo just the way we miss Bure, Näslund & Co., and even more than McLean as he's been the best goalie we've ever had. And the Sedin brothers of course. No doubt they will have their #22 and #33 up there with the guys when they retire as your Vancouver Canucks.

I'm happy and content with what we have now. Of course, this year has been a roller-coaster ride for the team and a few debatable non-trades are downplaying this year. But overall, having watched this team for more than 20 years now - this is the most complete team we've had.

Consistent goaltending (cry all you wan't about a few games here and there), offensive firepower and depth like never before. Depth obviously has been an issue this year with so many injuries, but in the past we've been able to got past injuries pretty well. With all the guys I miss from the old days in Mogilny, Bure, Linden, Näslund, McLean, Jovanovski, Öhlund - we've never had anyone win the Art Ross, Hart Trophy, consecutive Presidents trophies before, even Jennings trophy. That says something about the team. The Stanley cup finals appearance of course included.

And in the future, we'll miss guys like Luongo just the way we miss Bure, Näslund & Co., and even more than McLean as he's been the best goalie we've ever had. And the Sedin brothers of course. No doubt they will have their #22 and #33 up there with the guys when they retire as your Vancouver Canucks.

the WCE express days rocked becasue we played in the hardest division in the league every night was a battle crawford had everyone in the lineup hitting and playing uptempo hockey .. since our division has went in the crapper so has the entertainment of our games most nights.. people wonder why we were out of gas bythe time the playoffs rolled around , look at the battles every other night we had vs a great colorado team and a very phsycle wild team really good alberta teams who both made runs to the cup during thoes years.... every night was intense

Archived