The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A forgotten Canucks legend

Canuckler87

Dan Cloutier was our goalie for so many years. He was an absolute beast in net for us during the west coast express years, logging time in the crease while we piled up the wins. I think he was just as influential to our success as Naslund, Bert, etc. My favorite memory of him would have to be when in a game against the Ducks, they crashed his crease & he absolutely lost his mind throwing haymakers left & right. You just don't see that from Canucks goalies anymore. I miss the good old days.. the Dan Cloutier days. Who here agrees? Please share your fav memories of this under-rated Canucks legend

My favorite memory of him would have to be when in a game against the Ducks, they crashed his crease & he absolutely lost his mind throwing haymakers left & right. You just don't see that from Canucks goalies anymore. I miss the good old days..

2002 playoffs & Cloutier let's in the center ice goal from Lidstrom.

The next year they finished training camp in Cranbrook just before opening the season in Calgary.

Watched them practice twice & both times Crawford would take a shot at Cloutier from Center ice & laugh when Cloutier made the save.

Archived