The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A forgotten Canucks legend

Canuckler87

He wasn't all that bad. We have been spoiled the last 5-6 years with Luongo and now Schnieder. Back in the day Cloutier wasn't too bad. Sure he wasn't a goaltender that you could build a team from (i.e.. Franchise Player) but with the team we had (strong offense) he was decent. Obviously he had some 'bad' moments but what goaltender doesn't?

I have always defended Cloutier when he was in Vancouver because he displayed heart and had a lot of good moments while playing here. Did you know that before Luongo came to Vancouver, he held almost every Canucks goalie record? His save percentage and goals against averaged wasn't even that bad. He was actually the better goalies to be at a 3 million price tag.

In addition, a lot of greats such as Roy, Brodeur have let in equally as bad goals in the playoffs so I don't understand why people are hating on him that much.

And for the Minnesota series, I think it was the cockiness of Bertuzzi and the team's falling apart which led to them losing. But a lot of fans don't understand this concept, even till today.

The year cloutier got injured and auld kicked butt in net, I ran into clouts in a club downtown and called him auld and thanked him for his hard work in cloutiers absence. Whoops!! He was a good soldier, but very forgettable in net. How about the Minnesota collapse.....

I have always defended Cloutier when he was in Vancouver because he displayed heart and had a lot of good moments while playing here. Did you know that before Luongo came to Vancouver, he held almost every Canucks goalie record? His save percentage and goals against averaged wasn't even that bad. He was actually the better goalies to be at a 3 million price tag.

In addition, a lot of greats such as Roy, Brodeur have let in equally as bad goals in the playoffs so I don't understand why people are hating on him that much.

And for the Minnesota series, I think it was the cockiness of Bertuzzi and the team's falling apart which led to them losing. But a lot of fans don't understand this concept, even till today.

Archived