The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

edit: lovin this change!

Bananas

I figured I'll post this during a win streak so that nobody can accuse me of being a bandwagoner who "shuts up" until the Canucks are losing. Why? Because I'm right.

Let's set the first, and incredibly obvious thing straight right off the bat:

We've won 6 games in a row because of Schneider, and a few great plays by defensemen here and there (lolHamhuis)

Now we can take a look at how, apart from goaltending, absolutely nothing has changed since our losing streak. Good job AV, you somehow got Schneider playing like a 6x4 wall of bricks.

There's still no scoring (besides empty netters), there's still no powerplay, and there is still stupid line-up choices.

Schroeder still gets benched half way through a game even though that line carried our diminutive offense for several consecutive games. That is the last line that needs a shake-up right now!

Do I really have much else to add? No. It's all been said. All I'm adding this time is that AV is still doing a horrible job, and yet again his ass is being carried by a hot goaltender while AV's team sits on one-goal leads. This will NEVER win a Stanley Cup. Ever.

Fire AV.

Phew...here I was thinking I was going to have to go an entire day with the scintillating insight of Joe_Shmo...

Thanks for doing what you do. We just can't get enough coach-bashing around here, especially from people who know nothing about coaching...

I disagree, but I appreciate the timing. Can't take these things as seriously after a loss.

I'll add, however, that if the Canucks get relatively healthy and lose in the 1st or have a poor showing in the 2nd round, I wouldn't be surprised or outraged if he was let go.

I'm under the impression that a lot of people within the NHL have mostly written off this shortened season. I'm really hoping Gillis has, because there is no other reason for a GM to be so useless as to keep this fool around.

In GMMG's defense, I can see why he hasn't made any trades this year while we struggle to get this team's ass in gear. AV has a nasty habit of wasting all of our meaningful acquisitions. How Lapierre and Higgins managed to flourish when they first got here was astonishing.

In response to the set plays: that's all Sedins. This is a known fact.

I agree, its great we have won 6 but during those wins we beat Colorado twice, Columbus, Phoenix, St.louis, LA

of those teams only LA and maybe St.louis was a team id consider worthy of the playoffs, or a real test. Yet during this span we have barely been able to score more than a goal or 2 a game, except for 2 empty netters last night.

Like the original poster said, Lack of scoring, PP still horrible and lucky he have SChneider standing on his head.

AV will be here but if we dont get past round 2 atleast this year I think he will be canned

It boggles my mind how there is still anybody at all who still thinks AV should be a coach to this team. There is no real reason other than the fact that you all are afraid of change, and scared that something might happen to your oh-so-exciting brand of hockey.

I'm not going to stop harping on AV until he is gone. That is, unless someone can give me a legit reason not to hate AV...

It boggles my mind how there is still anybody at all who still thinks AV should be a coach to this team. There is no real reason other than the fact that you all are afraid of change, and scared that something might happen to your oh-so-exciting brand of hockey.

I'm not going to stop harping on AV until he is gone. That is, unless someone can give me a legit reason not to hate AV...

I figured I'll post this during a win streak so that nobody can accuse me of being a bandwagoner who "shuts up" until the Canucks are losing. Why? Because I'm right.

Let's set the first, and incredibly obvious thing straight right off the bat:

We've won 6 games in a row because of Schneider, and a few great plays by defensemen here and there (lolHamhuis)

Now we can take a look at how, apart from goaltending, absolutely nothing has changed since our losing streak. Good job AV, you somehow got Schneider playing like a 6x4 wall of bricks.

There's still no scoring (besides empty netters), there's still no powerplay, and there is still stupid line-up choices.

Schroeder still gets benched half way through a game even though that line carried our diminutive offense for several consecutive games. That is the last line that needs a shake-up right now!

Do I really have much else to add? No. It's all been said. All I'm adding this time is that AV is still doing a horrible job, and yet again his ass is being carried by a hot goaltender while AV's team sits on one-goal leads. This will NEVER win a Stanley Cup. Ever.

Fire AV.

Archived