#1 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

POPULAR

I figured I'll post this during a win streak so that nobody can accuse me of being a bandwagoner who "shuts up" until the Canucks are losing. Why? Because I'm right.

Let's set the first, and incredibly obvious thing straight right off the bat:

We've won 6 games in a row because of Schneider, and a few great plays by defensemen here and there (lolHamhuis)

Now we can take a look at how, apart from goaltending, absolutely nothing has changed since our losing streak. Good job AV, you somehow got Schneider playing like a 6x4 wall of bricks.

There's still no scoring (besides empty netters), there's still no powerplay, and there is still stupid line-up choices.

Schroeder still gets benched half way through a game even though that line carried our diminutive offense for several consecutive games. That is the last line that needs a shake-up right now!

Do I really have much else to add? No. It's all been said. All I'm adding this time is that AV is still doing a horrible job, and yet again his ass is being carried by a hot goaltender while AV's team sits on one-goal leads. This will NEVER win a Stanley Cup. Ever.

Fire AV.

Edited by Bananas, 10 October 2013 - 07:41 AM.

Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#2 Bagofcats

Bagofcats

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Agreed. With him the Canucks won't make it far into the playoffs. The sooner he's gone the better. He'll probably be fired afterwards once we lose in the first round but at least if he's gone soon we might actually stand a chance.

#3 TIGER SINGH

TIGER SINGH

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

POPULAR

Well, you obviously didn't see Daniel Sedin's goal last night, it came purely from AV's tactics
Posted Image
Thanks -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

#4 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

POPULAR

Phew...here I was thinking I was going to have to go an entire day with the scintillating insight of Joe_Shmo...

Thanks for doing what you do. We just can't get enough coach-bashing around here, especially from people who know nothing about coaching...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#5 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

I disagree, but I appreciate the timing. Can't take these things as seriously after a loss.

I'll add, however, that if the Canucks get relatively healthy and lose in the 1st or have a poor showing in the 2nd round, I wouldn't be surprised or outraged if he was let go.
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#6 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

i believe in AV's coaching...not everyone wants him fired...i just thought you should know.

#7 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

OMG totes agree after last nights brutal loss.

Oh wait...

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#8 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

How is this different from any of the other 100 fire av threads posted by you and your fellow loyalists ??

#9 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

POPULAR

I'm under the impression that a lot of people within the NHL have mostly written off this shortened season. I'm really hoping Gillis has, because there is no other reason for a GM to be so useless as to keep this fool around.

In GMMG's defense, I can see why he hasn't made any trades this year while we struggle to get this team's ass in gear. AV has a nasty habit of wasting all of our meaningful acquisitions. How Lapierre and Higgins managed to flourish when they first got here was astonishing.

In response to the set plays: that's all Sedins. This is a known fact.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#10 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

sigh....AV top Canucks top coach he will take us to the cup final and win!!!! 7th year as the canucks coach=luck

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#11 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Its astonishing how little the OP knows.

Comical.

Posted Image

#12 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

How is this different from any of the other 100 fire av threads posted by you and your fellow loyalists ??

It's not. For some reason they think if the say it often enough or loud enough it will have an effect of the people who get paid to make these types of decisions, (such as the Canucks brass) who have shown with regularity that they disagree with what passes for logic form the "Fire AV" crew.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#13 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

I agree, its great we have won 6 but during those wins we beat Colorado twice, Columbus, Phoenix, St.louis, LA

of those teams only LA and maybe St.louis was a team id consider worthy of the playoffs, or a real test. Yet during this span we have barely been able to score more than a goal or 2 a game, except for 2 empty netters last night.

Like the original poster said, Lack of scoring, PP still horrible and lucky he have SChneider standing on his head.

AV will be here but if we dont get past round 2 atleast this year I think he will be canned

#14 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Were winning he has not lost the players, why fire him.all this with a decimated roster he has done a good job. + i forgot he has managed to somehow keep cory and luongo happy somehow,not his fault he has 2 capable #1's

Edited by naslund.is.king, 29 March 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#15 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

POPULAR

It boggles my mind how there is still anybody at all who still thinks AV should be a coach to this team. There is no real reason other than the fact that you all are afraid of change, and scared that something might happen to your oh-so-exciting brand of hockey.

I'm not going to stop harping on AV until he is gone. That is, unless someone can give me a legit reason not to hate AV...
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#16 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Guess what there's no way they're gonna fire the coach while we're winning. The management will wait until after the season before they decide whether they will fire or keep him.

#17 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

in a word.............yes
stan smyl 2.0

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

It's not 7.5 per year, Kesler's at 5 million and Malhotra's at 2.5 million

#18 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

It boggles my mind how there is still anybody at all who still thinks AV should be a coach to this team. There is no real reason other than the fact that you all are afraid of change, and scared that something might happen to your oh-so-exciting brand of hockey.

I'm not going to stop harping on AV until he is gone. That is, unless someone can give me a legit reason not to hate AV...

It boggles your mind that Canucks' management thinks AV should be the team's coach?

Please tell us all how your hockey pedigree trumps theirs. (BTW: NHL 2013 doesn't count)

#19 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Because this thread is so silly, ill just populate it with even more silliness...

Lemmy should coach.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I figured I'll post this during a win streak so that nobody can accuse me of being a bandwagoner who "shuts up" until the Canucks are losing. Why? Because I'm right.

Let's set the first, and incredibly obvious thing straight right off the bat:

We've won 6 games in a row because of Schneider, and a few great plays by defensemen here and there (lolHamhuis)

Now we can take a look at how, apart from goaltending, absolutely nothing has changed since our losing streak. Good job AV, you somehow got Schneider playing like a 6x4 wall of bricks.

There's still no scoring (besides empty netters), there's still no powerplay, and there is still stupid line-up choices.

Schroeder still gets benched half way through a game even though that line carried our diminutive offense for several consecutive games. That is the last line that needs a shake-up right now!

Do I really have much else to add? No. It's all been said. All I'm adding this time is that AV is still doing a horrible job, and yet again his ass is being carried by a hot goaltender while AV's team sits on one-goal leads. This will NEVER win a Stanley Cup. Ever.

Fire AV.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

POPULAR

Its astonishing how little the OP knows.

Comical.

You actually think this team is playing good? Injuries aren't an excuse look at Ottawa...

We sit on the lead every time we have it and it comes back to bite us in the ass most of the time, which is why we're always in overtime or shootouts.

Without the stellar play of our 2 elite goaltenders we would maybe have 2 or 3 wins...... Are you okay with that???

Don't forget most of our wins have come against our weak divison.

I'm not saying bashing AV is going to help but if you don't think there is problems with his coaching maybe you are the one who knows very little...

Instead of your sarcastic comments all the time, maybe add some points as to why you think AV is such a great coach...

It's his 7th year coaching with an elite team so his most wins in nucks history isn't very impressive to me.. especially since most of us already know he is a good regular season coach but not a good playoff one.

Even on the cup run he got out coached in almost every series.

I hope your not waiting on Kesler to come save this team, that would be comical...

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#22 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

I'm under the impression that a lot of people within the NHL have mostly written off this shortened season. I'm really hoping Gillis has, because there is no other reason for a GM to be so useless as to keep this fool around.

In GMMG's defense, I can see why he hasn't made any trades this year while we struggle to get this team's ass in gear. AV has a nasty habit of wasting all of our meaningful acquisitions. How Lapierre and Higgins managed to flourish when they first got here was astonishing.

In response to the set plays: that's all Sedins. This is a known fact.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

i believe in AV's coaching...not everyone wants him fired...i just thought you should know.

same

people who want av's head will want the next guys head too
Posted Image

#24 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

keep AV get rid of gillis

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#25 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

I really hope mods are sick of the same thread with the same lame people commenting because they are unable to support the players and staff. Lock this garbage does someone need to hold your hand to one of the many others?

Edited by naslund.is.king, 29 March 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#26 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Yeah! Fire that bum* and get a coach in who can win games.

Wonder if Sacco or Dineen are available?

* By "bum" I obviously win the best coach in franchise history.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#27 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

I really hope mods are sick of the same thread with the same lame people commenting because they are unable to support the players and staff. Lock this garbage

Yeah dude our two wins without our goalies stealing the game for us is real awesome, we should talk about that some more.

Edited by TheGame., 29 March 2013 - 04:29 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#28 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

You actually think this team is playing good? Injuries aren't an excuse look at Ottawa...

We sit on the lead every time we have it and it comes back to bite us in the ass most of the time, which is why we're always in overtime or shootouts.

Without the stellar play of our 2 elite goaltenders we would maybe have 2 or 3 wins...... Are you okay with that???

Don't forget most of our wins have come against our weak divison.

I'm not saying bashing AV is going to help but if you don't think there is problems with his coaching maybe you are the one who knows very little...

Instead of your sarcastic comments all the time, maybe add some points as to why you think AV is such a great coach...

It's his 7th year coaching with an elite team so his most wins in nucks history isn't very impressive to me.. especially since most of us already know he is a good regular season coach but not a good playoff one.

Even on the cup run he got out coached in almost every series.

I hope your not waiting on Kesler to come save this team, that would be comical...

Quit whining.

The team adjusts because of injuries and are winning.

My god.

Its like you want them to lose.

AV detractors:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

POPULAR

I question all you canuck fans:

Option #1: Keep AV aslong as our team is good enough to make the playoffs, and be happy with very good regular season success and except for1 decent playoff run very little or no playoff success.

Option#2: See our team make a bold move, get out of this comfort zone of everything stays the same and try to shake things up behind the bench, bring in a new face, Man of the moment being Lindy Ruff. See wheat he can bring and get out of this group of players and see what a couple years under him or someone else could do.

Option 2 for Me. Personally Ive seen what AV has done with this group for 7 years, I'd much rather take a risk, try to bring in a new coach and win a stanley cup once and then maybe fall back into AV style of gettting in the playoffs but not having great success. I dont like how he has used rookies or played favourites or the way hes treated Ballard.

Yes its a risk, and a new coach could do nothing, but you really think AV makes this team go and its all him...come on look at the roster we have our time is now and has been for the past few years at the very least.

Hell id take 1 stanley cup with any coach and then under perform after than keep AV and win nothing. I want to celebrate 1 stanley cup victory in my life while im still relatively young, and I believe this is one of our best teams we have had, we need a couple of additions over the next couple of years to really make us a top contender for the cup, we are now but there are better teams overall than how our team sits.

Go all out this year and over the next couple, acquire a scorer, trade luo, move picks and a prospect we may not want to move if it helps push us over the top none of us are going to be complaining when theres a parade downtown

#30 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,305 posts

The points as to why we disagree with you and Joe have been made over and over in thread after thread. You and your ilk just ignore them and trot out your save tired old rhetoric.

At this point, sarcasm is all you deserve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.