280 replies to this topic

#31 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Yeah dude our two wins without our goalies stealing the game for us is real awesome, we should talk about that some more.

so what your saying the goalie did his job?? Seems like the staff have him on their side.. Even with this drama him and luongo are friendly

Edited by naslund.is.king, 29 March 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#32 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

It boggles your mind that Canucks' management thinks AV should be the team's coach?

Please tell us all how your hockey pedigree trumps theirs. (BTW: NHL 2013 doesn't count)

Well..."any monkey" could have coached the team during any playoff run. Right?

Right.

Posted Image

Edited by BedBeats™2.0, 29 March 2013 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#33 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Joe I give you a +1 for the timing. Great on you for not waiting till things turn south.

I agree with you for the most part, Really things haven't changed aside from Cory and that Shutdown pair (Hammer-Garrison) being great.

The issues for the most part are still the same and AV made another boneheaded decision benching JS last night.

I think this all just shows how this fan base gets far too high when things are good and far too low when things are bad.

And while I still maintain that AV won't win a coaching battle in the postseason, and that he will get outcoached.

We can't fire him now. I think the opportunity for that has closed, its far too close to the playoffs to change things and implement a new system. With 20-30 games left, sure, but right before the deadline with about 10-15 games left, I think we are better going with what we have.

zackass.png

#34 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

can we fire the fans instead? who hate certain players

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#35 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

POPULAR

How little I know? Stop looking at stats and scoresheets, guys! The play on ice is still a complete joke. Yeah, we have injuries. Why are we winning? Could it have something to do with 4 of those wins being against the bottom teams in the west? What about Schneider the brick wall?

Have none of you seen that the hockey this team is putting on the ice is exactly the same as it was during are losing streak (6 losses in 7 games, broken by one win, whoopie)?

If our goalie weren't standing on his head these last 6 games, they would have all been losses. The Canucks were severely outplayed in every one of these games except for the last Columbus game.

You guys are all just high and mighty because we've won 6 games. None of you are paying any attention to the games. None of you are seeing just how poorly this team is being coached. We are so lucky we have Schneider playing the way he is.

If you think AV's doing a good job because of the broken line-up, think again. Thank Schneider, not AV.

Ebbett has been terrible.
Sestito has been expectedly useless.
Gordon has been decent, but he was also the Wolves' best player. We should hope he isn't a complete liability.
Schroeder has been the best "call-up", and he keeps getting benched.
The Sedins only have looked good when playing with Burrows, yet he constantly splits them up.

Yea, our line-up is broken, but look at who is out:
Kassian - was on the downtime of his inconsistency.
Booth - uselss
Kesler - the 7 games he played were nothing short of disappointing anyways.
Wiese - 'nuff said
Malhotra - management's treatment of him has had worse effects to the team than the fact that he isn't playing has...

Don't act like I'm the stupid one because I want a bad coach out of here. You can sunbathe in our team's undeserved win streak while you all sit in your circles, making daisy chains, and singing your praises to a coach when the rightful recipient of said praises is Cory Schneider.

You act like I have nothing to add to the discussion. That's not entirely true. Maybe if you read some of my posts rather than the topic title, you'll find my content.

You guys, on the other hand, have nothing to say besides:

"you're dumb"
"typical Joe Schmo"
"AV bashers"
"stupid"
"#winning"

Watch some damned hockey.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#36 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

The points as to why we disagree with you and Joe have been made over and over in thread after thread. You and your ilk just ignore them and trot out your save tired old rhetoric.

At this point, sarcasm is all you deserve.

yeeeeah buddy

#37 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Joe I give you a +1 for the timing. Great on you for not waiting till things turn south.

I agree with you for the most part, Really things haven't changed aside from Cory and that Shutdown pair (Hammer-Garrison) being great.

The issues for the most part are still the same and AV made another boneheaded decision benching JS last night.

I think this all just shows how this fan base gets far too high when things are good and far too low when things are bad.

And while I still maintain that AV won't win a coaching battle in the postseason, and that he will get outcoached.

We can't fire him now. I think the opportunity for that has closed, its far too close to the playoffs to change things and implement a new system. With 20-30 games left, sure, but right before the deadline with about 10-15 games left, I think we are better going with what we have.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

How little I know? Stop looking at stats and scoresheets, guys! The play on ice is still a complete joke. Yeah, we have injuries. Why are we winning? Could it have something to do with 4 of those wins being against the bottom teams in the west? What about Schneider the brick wall?

Have none of you seen that the hockey this team is putting on the ice is exactly the same as it was during are losing streak (6 losses in 7 games, broken by one win, whoopie)?

If our goalie weren't standing on his head these last 6 games, they would have all been losses. The Canucks were severely outplayed in every one of these games except for the last Columbus game.

You guys are all just high and mighty because we've won 6 games. None of you are paying any attention to the games. None of you are seeing just how poorly this team is being coached. We are so lucky we have Schneider playing the way he is.

If you think AV's doing a good job because of the broken line-up, think again. Thank Schneider, not AV.

Ebbett has been terrible.
Sestito has been expectedly useless.
Gordon has been decent, but he was also the Wolves' best player. We should hope he isn't a complete liability.
Schroeder has been the best "call-up", and he keeps getting benched.
The Sedins only have looked good when playing with Burrows, yet he constantly splits them up.

Yea, our line-up is broken, but look at who is out:
Kassian - was on the downtime of his inconsistency.
Booth - uselss
Kesler - the 7 games he played were nothing short of disappointing anyways.
Wiese - 'nuff said
Malhotra - management's treatment of him has had worse effects to the team than the fact that he isn't playing has...

Don't act like I'm the stupid one because I want a bad coach out of here. You can sunbathe in our team's undeserved win streak while you all sit in your circles, making daisy chains, and singing your praises to a coach when the rightful recipient of said praises is Cory Schneider.

You act like I have nothing to add to the discussion. That's not entirely true. Maybe if you read some of my posts rather than the topic title, you'll find my content.

You guys, on the other hand, have nothing to say besides:

"you're dumb"
"typical Joe Schmo"
"AV bashers"
"stupid"
"#winning"

Watch some damned hockey.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Quit whining.

The team adjusts because of injuries and are winning.

My god.

Its like you want them to lose.

AV detractors:

.... :sadno: .....

Do you really think playing this way is going to get us a cup?

You are far too content with just barely scrapping out wins due to our goaltending.

In otherwords the same thing that happened last year down the stretch. I hope our playoffs go better than last year.

zackass.png

#40 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Can you stop posting gifs just cause you have no answer to our points and can't admit things aren't going aswell as you would like to believe.

zackass.png

#41 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

can we fire the fans instead? who hate certain players

i would be in favor of strict rules break them more then twice your banned:) i would probably be banned for dealing with the many useless twits but i could still come to read good debates and articles by fans

#42 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

You failed to at least provide a logical replacement that would improve the situation. As far as I'm concerned AV is not perfect but doing an acceptable job. For now. Not just going to boot a guy that has cup run experience with us now out of the blue it will take more.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#43 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Agreed, fire AV and MG.

#44 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Can you stop posting gifs just cause you have no answer to our points and can't admit things aren't going aswell as you would like to believe.

Lulz. Hardly the case.

The team is winning, and i see stupid.

So ill follow suit.

Seriously the self defeatist BS around here deserves Posted Imageit.

Posted Image

#45 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

AV has had 2 elite forwards who have won scoring titles, a selke nominee several times and a winner in Kesler, always had pretty good defense and arguable one of the most consistant league best goalies in Luongo for the past number of years.

And 1 good run is all their is to show for it? Ya I think the coach has underperformed here. With this team we shouldnt be judge on regular season success it all boils down the what we achieve come post season

#46 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,260 posts

You failed to at least provide a logical replacement that would improve the situation. As far as I'm concerned AV is not perfect but doing an acceptable job. For now. Not just going to boot a guy that has cup run experience with us now out of the blue it will take more.

Fire AV and trade Lou!!!!!!

#47 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Well, you obviously didn't see Daniel Sedin's goal last night, it came purely from AV's tactics

With that logic, then AV is also purely responsible for Daniel's 8+ game droughts ;)

#48 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

With that logic, then AV is also purely responsible for Daniel's 8+ game droughts ;)

More reason to fire him, get it done!!!

#49 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,080 posts

POPULAR

AV has had 2 elite forwards who have won scoring titles, a selke nominee several times and a winner in Kesler, always had pretty good defense and arguable one of the most consistant league best goalies in Luongo for the past number of years.

And 1 good run is all their is to show for it? Ya I think the coach has underperformed here. With this team we shouldnt be judge on regular season success it all boils down the what we achieve come post season

Agreed.

Bedbeats is a clown, know's he's wrong so all he can post is gifs.

The team is winning because of our goalies... how dense can someone be?

Take out Lu and Schneider and put in an average goalie and we have maybe 2 wins........pathetic...

This team should be able to coast in the playoffs with the division we're in.

I understand we have some injuries but even when we were almost healthy we played the exact same.

Are you expecting them to turn the switch on like last year in the playoffs? :lol:

Hopefully this thread is saved for the playoffs when AV gets outcoached once again.

And Tiger Singh, that was not AV's tactics.... Sedins are known to draw up their own plays.....

Edited by TheGame., 29 March 2013 - 04:54 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#50 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Let me get this straight. Fire the coach, because he doesnt adjust to win games. Gotcha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 dabakes

dabakes

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yes I want to see AV fired, but it has gone to far into the season now to do it and have a new coach come in and implement his own system before the playoffs. Therefore AV gets this years playoffs and if they don't go all the way he should be shown the door.

#52 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,340 posts

Wanting AV fired when we're on a win streak is stupid because we're winning.

Wanting AV fired when we're on a losing streak is stupid because we're bandwagoners.

It's about time to give people who own this platform no respect when it comes to this debate. I'd advise my fellow CDCers who want AV gone to ignore them, and focus on people who do not own the above platform. You will just give yourself an ulcer if you don't.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#53 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

More reason to fire him, get it done!!!

You got my vote!

#54 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

if only it was that simple..BUT I could only dream 1 fire av thread or at least a few WELL WRITIN discussion's BUT here we are so i approve his message

#55 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,080 posts

Wanting AV fired when we're on a win streak is stupid because we're winning.

Wanting AV fired when we're on a losing streak is stupid because we're bandwagoners.

It's about time to give people who own this platform no respect when it comes to this debate. I'd advise my fellow CDCers who want AV gone to ignore them, and focus on people who do not own the above platform. You will just give yourself an ulcer if you don't.

Yeah we should all be blind followers like Bedbeats. :rolleyes:

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#56 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,591 posts

Fire AV and trade Lou!!!!!!

Keep AV. Keep Lu. Trade Schneider for more.

Fin.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#57 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

AV hasn't changed a thing, MG on the other had has.

If I do the math I don't get fire AV as an answer
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#58 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,075 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I don't like AV's style of coaching. I don't like the fact that he doesn't talk to his young players on the bench during the game. I don't like how he has handled Keith Ballard (though I do like that he gave him a shot at forward).

Even if I don't like AV's style of coaching, that does not mean that he can't be a successful coach. There are many ways that a team can be successful. I don't really care which way this is as long as we get results, which is the case right now. I'd rather have a coach who coaches a style I don't like but gets results than to have a coach whose style I do like but who can't take this team anywhere.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#59 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

This Bedbeats guy is a clown, knows he's wrong so all he posts is gifs.

Remove Luongo and Schneider and insert an average goalie and we have maybe 2 wins.

Agreed.

Bedbeats is a clown, know's he's wrong so all he can post is gifs.

The team is winning because of our goalies... how dense can someone be?

Take out Lu and Schneider and put in an average goalie and we have maybe 2 wins........pathetic...

This team should be able to coast in the playoffs with the division we're in.

I understand we have some injuries but even when we were almost healthy we played the exact same.

Are you expecting them to turn the switch on like last year in the playoffs? :lol:

Hopefully this thread is saved for the playoffs when AV gets outcoached once again.

And Tiger Singh, that was not AV's tactics.... Sedins are known to draw up their own plays.....

Nah. Ive already, AD NAUSEUM gone thru all of this.

Thankfully theres a mega buttload of statistical data...and general facts to go by.

You all grasp for straws and it is comical.

You deserve the silly.

Kinda funny you getting all butthurt over it.

Until then, or before this thread is locked, ill enjoy the team winning. And you can carry on whining about your imagined biases and wholly superfluous bashing. In fact as i enjoy the winning go forth and look for another team. Obviously you find it hard to enjoy yourself when the evil AV is behind the bench.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

:picard: lets see you try to coach a team with all of its 2nd line injured and have to balance the goaltending situation.... AV has done both briliantly. COACHES DON'T SCORE GOALS, PLAYERS DO.

Don't be critisizing the coach because our players aren't scoring lol
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.