The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

edit: lovin this change!

Bananas

That's the thing... if it was once in a while it would be fine, but, every time our goalies don't stand on their head we seem to lose... see what we're saying?

Our players need to get used to winning now without relying on the goalie otherwise that trend is going to carry into the playoffs and Cory can't steal 16 games...

The thing that is pissing me off the most about AV is his defend the lead crap, never works.

They need to keep fore checking and keeping up the pressure, we have an elite goalie to bail the team out if there's any mistakes or odd man rushes, no need to rely on him for the rest of the game everytime we score a goal.

I was surprised in the Colorado game; the usual 20 minute "sit back" method was doubled to 40 minutes. Pretty soon we're not going to get the puck past center ice. This team's mentally needs to change from "don't screw up" to "Keep it up", look no farther than the Blackhawks for the reasoning.

I dont like how AV is not holding all players accountable in the same manner. He rips Ballard all of the time and throws him in the pressbox after making 1 or 2 mistakes. Bieksa (i know he has a bit of a nagging groin injury right now) and Edler are so damn inconsistent and look like boneheads out there a lot of the time. If their jerseys said Ballard on the back, they'd be in the pressbox. This type of special treatment needs to end.

I really hope Babcock is available at the end of the season. I hope Boucher will still be available at the end of the season as well.

I also don't like how quick he was to send Schroeder down to the 4th line and then down to the minors a few weeks ago. That schroeder line with hansen/raymond was playing pretty well. When our team started playing really poorly a few weeks ago and with AV's job on the line, he finally decided to put schroeder in a place where he could succeed. Now that the team is on a winning streak again, AV feels the leash loosen and sends Schroeder back to the 4th line in the last game. I don't think he had a strong game last game, but it's typical AV. :lol:

. Farhan twittered after last night's game. " the most complimentary score in the history of man" (or very close to that). It shows, he actually watched the game and noticed how brutal the Nucks were (are).

Some here just live for the "W" and nothing else matters

WE just played a game where the worst team in the league dominated us for 40 minutes and yet after the game the PG thread is full of "yahooo. we're on a roll"!! What a joke.

Last 6 games: GAA 1.00

Previous 28: GAA 3.07

This is a replay of what was going on the second half of last year. This team won most of their games because they relied entirely on outstanding goaltending, which is not enough.

This underperforming has been going on for so long I think for the good of the team AV should have been replaced already. The goalies have been bailing him out imo.

I think either one of Gills or AV has to go, they don't seem to mesh well together imo.

AV needs to change it up a little and implement a more offensive strategy when we're healthy or Gillis needs to go and a new gm needs to get all defensive players so AV can do what he's good at and sit on a lead.

I agree with you for the most part, Really things haven't changed aside from Cory and that Shutdown pair (Hammer-Garrison) being great.

The issues for the most part are still the same and AV made another boneheaded decision benching JS last night.

Archived