The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

edit: lovin this change!

Bananas

Here the Canucks are winning 6 consecutive games,top of their division and yet the AV haters can't be happy or content,never mind grateful.

The last game was an offensive burst for the first eight minutes and then the team went into lock down mode.Hank and others commented upon it after the game.They are doing it to win and AV has helped them to win in these situations.

Really,this is AV's greatest strenghth as he is a strong defensive coach.

No Kesler,No Booth,no PP d man and Eddie and the Sedins struggling big time because of that glaring fact.

You take Jordan out when the team is not offensively generating chances.Jordan is a defensive liability at this stage.

Goaltending/D is a huge part of the game.You don't blame the coach for having his goalie and shut down D pair playing like they should be.

Now we are talking boneheads.

Last 6 games: GAA 1.00

Previous 28: GAA 3.07

This is a replay of what was going on the second half of last year. This team won most of their games because they relied entirely on outstanding goaltending, which is not enough.

This underperforming has been going on for so long I think for the good of the team AV should have been replaced already. The goalies have been bailing him out imo.

I do. I believe it's long overdue.

Also. It's weird how no matter what the argument is there's always some person(s) posting multiple times in the same thread just trying to argue. Like they want to prove how tough they are by disagreeing with as many people as possible. And it's never the same person. Or the same topic/argument. It's like there's a rule that someone has to do it or something. Strange.

And somebody has a disturbingly large collection of Alain Vigneault gifs on their harddrive. Creepy.

nuck it; no pp d man? So edler and to a lesser extent Garrison arent pp d men?

its how our PP operates they are too predictable, too much passing from the sedins, they have had a couple chances one a wide open net and they passed the puck instead of shooting.

If they cant learn to shoot, id seriously split them up on the PP in all honesty, whats our streak at on the pp now? cant hurt to try splitting em up, they are capable of playing with others they dont need eachother to be good they can adapt

I think either one of Gills or AV has to go, they don't seem to mesh well together imo.

AV needs to change it up a little and implement a more offensive strategy when we're healthy or Gillis needs to go and a new gm needs to get all defensive players so AV can do what he's good at and sit on a lead.

nuck it; no pp d man? So edler and to a lesser extent Garrison arent pp d men?

its how our PP operates they are too predictable, too much passing from the sedins, they have had a couple chances one a wide open net and they passed the puck instead of shooting.

If they cant learn to shoot, id seriously split them up on the PP in all honesty, whats our streak at on the pp now? cant hurt to try splitting em up, they are capable of playing with others they dont need eachother to be good they can adapt

I do. I believe it's long overdue.

Also. It's weird how no matter what the argument is there's always some person(s) posting multiple times in the same thread just trying to argue. Like they want to prove how tough they are by disagreeing with as many people as possible. And it's never the same person. Or the same topic/argument. It's like there's a rule that someone has to do it or something. Strange.

And somebody has a disturbingly large collection of Alain Vigneault gifs on their harddrive. Creepy.

I figured I'll post this during a win streak so that nobody can accuse me of being a bandwagoner who "shuts up" until the Canucks are losing. Why? Because I'm right.

Let's set the first, and incredibly obvious thing straight right off the bat:

We've won 6 games in a row because of Schneider, and a few great plays by defensemen here and there (lolHamhuis)

Now we can take a look at how, apart from goaltending, absolutely nothing has changed since our losing streak. Good job AV, you somehow got Schneider playing like a 6x4 wall of bricks.

There's still no scoring (besides empty netters), there's still no powerplay, and there is still stupid line-up choices.

Schroeder still gets benched half way through a game even though that line carried our diminutive offense for several consecutive games. That is the last line that needs a shake-up right now!

Do I really have much else to add? No. It's all been said. All I'm adding this time is that AV is still doing a horrible job, and yet again his ass is being carried by a hot goaltender while AV's team sits on one-goal leads. This will NEVER win a Stanley Cup. Ever.

Fire AV.

The problem with all of these fire AV threads (and this could have easily been added to any existing one) is the double standard. So goaltending is carrying the team? Yet when our goalie gets lit up it's the team in front of him or the coaching that causes it. Yet when the goalie is solid it's the goalie and has nothing to do with the team or the coaching. Very convenient.

Saying he was out-coached is also quite convenient. How was he out-coached? What adjustments did the other coach make that AV couldn't counter? You'll have to be specific on these set plays that AV couldn't counter. If you can't answer those question you don't know that he was in fact out-coached. No amount of coaching will heal injured players or solve the players inevitable scoring slumps, nor prevent the players themselves from making mistakes including the goalie. No matter how well you strategize it still requires the players to execute. A great deal of what happens between face-offs is up to the players to recognize and react. The coach can't do that for them. And the talent on the other side also has the ability to recognize and react as well.

Btw, Schroeder wasn't benched. With time running down AV shortened the bench. Something good coaches do in such situations. He felt Schroeder was being outplayed by another so he went with who he thought was the best nine in that game to go for the win. Isn't that in fact making an adjustment during the game that you seem to think he's incapable of?

the problem i have is the lack of support their is nothing wrong with discussion but most of it is garbage and you know the same people doing it,not supporting the team will be the next guys making the usless lets trade whoever its disgusting i have read topics on trading the sedins this supports those trolls

Archived