488 replies to this topic

#481 UticaHockey

UticaHockey

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Any news on when the regular season schedule will be out?

I read that the AHL doesn't release the schedule until mid to late August.

#482 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,564 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

I read that the AHL doesn't release the schedule until mid to late August.

yeah, early to mid august is when it's released, typically. http://theahl.com/faq-p137653

Edited by avelanch, 17 June 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#483 BureisBest

BureisBest

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

Just glad it got done. No excuses now Gillis. You now officially have everything you need to execute your five year-old mandate of drafting & developing as your number one priority, including vacant coaching positions in both the NHL and AHL. I imagine that collar is even tighter now, knowing it's all on him, and all decisions need to be the right ones from here-on out. Utica Comets, led by Vancouver Canucks prospects. Looking forward to it.
Posted Image

#484 Mount-Canuck-More

Mount-Canuck-More

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Did you notice how the Comets logo looks similar to the SPHL logo..check out the Peoria Riverman's new crest. The skyline looks similar to the city skyline of the Utica Comets inaugural pach. Just saying. 😱

Edited by Mount-Canuck-More, 23 June 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Rootnee Rules!

#485 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,564 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

They are both skylines, but the similarities end there, as I posted in the other Utica thread. They really don't look similar At all

#486 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,978 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Hearing Karl Taylor will be the general manager of the Utica Comets.
Taylor was an assistant coach with Craig McTavish with the Chicago Wolves. Was coaching Ontario Reign in ECHL.
The #Canucks connection to Karl Taylor is Lorne Henning.
Hearing Scot Arniel may not be the coach in Utica. Lot of good candidates out there.

I wonder if someone like Gulutzan gets a shot at coaching in Utica, although it's possible we consider him and Arneil for assistant positions in the NHL as well.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#487 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

Based on the Arniel disaster this past year, I'd rather keep him as far away from the organization as possible. Unfortunately that might spell theend to Baumer's assistant coaching career.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#488 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,978 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Based on the Arniel disaster this past year, I'd rather keep him as far away from the organization as possible. Unfortunately that might spell theend to Baumer's assistant coaching career.

I'd hesitate to put that all on Arneil, considering the Wolves had a significant say in how the team was run and who was iced. General accounts of how Arneil has performed, the ideas he uses, and the impact he could have are positive. Even with Columbus, he had a tough situation that wasn't going to give him a lot of chance to succeed.

I'd be open to him becoming an assistant here or staying as head coach in the AHL with the Comets. I'd also like to give Gulutzan a position as despite his time in Dallas he managed to do pretty well after they were sellers at the deadline.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#489 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Arneil was in an untenable positon in Chicago. Best of luck to St L prospects next season with AHL permanent fixture Wendell Young as GM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.