Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Tor/Van......NJ/Van

Proposal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 TspecPA

TspecPA

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

To Toronto. Louongo. To Van. Bozack and 1st

Next.

To NJ. Tor 1st,Booth,Van 3rd To Van. Clarkson, Hedberg + cond 1st if Clarkson doesn't sign.

Sedin. Sedin. Kassian
Burrows. Kessler. Clarkson
Raymond. Bozac/Schroeder. Hansen
Higgins. Lapierre. Wiese/Pinizzoto

Edler. Bieksa
Hamhius. Garrison
Ballard. Tanev

Grit and skill throughout whole lineup. Addresses depth at centre and toughness concerns for Canucks.
Leafs get their veteran playoff goaltender at reduced asking price (player and pick minus prospect).
Although NJ gives up a stud, they receive two good picks and Booth who I think needs a change of scenery and could actually be a good fit in NJ.

Edited by TspecPA, 30 March 2013 - 06:45 AM.

#2 TspecPA

TspecPA

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

If it would help these trades go, I would be willing to change the 1ST IN THE LUONGO deal to a second round pick but add Scrivens as it would give us another tradeable asset once Lack was ready. If this was the case, remove Hedberg and change the picks to 2 from Torontoand 2nd from Van + Booth.

#3 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Next.

To NJ. Tor 1st,Booth,Van 3rd To Van. Clarkson, Hedberg + cond 1st if Clarkson doesn't sign.

Sedin. Sedin. Kassian

Edler. Bieksa
Hamhius. Garrison
Ballard. Tanev

Grit and skill throughout whole lineup. Addresses depth at centre and toughness concerns for Canucks.
Leafs get their veteran playoff goaltender at reduced asking price (player and pick minus prospect).
Although NJ gives up a stud, they receive two good picks and Booth who I think needs a change of scenery and could actually be a good fit in NJ.

If Gillis could get this deal, and then managed to re-sign Bozak, he'd jump all over it. However, I suspect that the Leafs would not do the first deal. Aside from the value that Bozak would have to them in this year's playoffs, I've never believed they'd move their 1st from this season, but perhaps for next year.

I see the Canucks as overpaying for Clarkson. And I don't see the Devils doing this dea eitherl. Booth is injured, and might not be back for the playoffs. Clarkson has value to them for their own playoff run. This being said, getting an extra 1st and 3rd might make it worth their while to do the trade. Which brings us back to: I believe the Canucks wouldn't do this trade.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#4 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

we would need to send NJ a goalie brodeur is not getting any younger

Edited by mr.perfect101, 30 March 2013 - 07:23 AM.

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#5 kirkmclean1994

kirkmclean1994

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

If it would help these trades go, I would be willing to change the 1ST IN THE LUONGO deal to a second round pick but add Scrivens as it would give us another tradeable asset once Lack was ready. If this was the case, remove Hedberg and change the picks to 2 from Torontoand 2nd from Van + Booth.

I like your line of thinking in that we may not be able to get exactly what we want for Lu from any given team, but draft picks may be used to get us another player we want.

Just say Toronto's offer is Bozak, a 2nd round pick and a prospect. That pick and prospect could possibly be flipped for another player we covet. In the end you could end up with this for Lu: Bozak and Ott or Bozak and Vermette.

At this point, I'd rather go into the playoffs with that than having Lu and his 5.6 million sit on the bench. If anything happens by Wednesday, this is they type of deal I'm guessing Gillis is able to do.

#6 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

meh.... I wouldn't do either
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 Felix Potvin

Felix Potvin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

I would hate to see Luongo in a Leafs the laughs suck and thats the way I want it to stay lol

#8 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Solid deals
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#9 jijitsu

jijitsu

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Clarkson and Hedberg for Luongo.

#10 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

To van: franson, clarkson, tor 2nd

To nj: luongo, frattin

To tor: edler, nj 1st
Posted Image

#11 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Next.

Sedin. Sedin. Kassian

Edler. Bieksa
Hamhius. Garrison
Ballard. Tanev

Posted Image

0190000007294316-photo-house-of-cards.jp

1190007304.png CDC STHS GM ||||| small.png CDCFL GM ||||| small.png EHL GM

#12 vcrguy

vcrguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

To van: franson, clarkson, tor 2nd

To nj: luongo, frattin

To tor: edler, nj 1st

I like this one. Very fair for all teams involved.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.