The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why has Mike Gillis not pulled the trigger?

Outsiders

Is it because we dont have the money? Is it because he thinks this team is good enough.Is it because he wants to much in return for are players? What is it? If this teams wants to make it back to the cup he better start making a deal or two. (Like Pittsburgh)

:picard: Why do I keep having to explain this???

We are not going to blow up our future now to have a slightly better chance to win this year..... Our prospect pool is bad enough as is, we dont need it getting worse.

If we go all in now, then we probably have 5 or so years where we will be at the bottom of the NHL. If we compete now but dont make as many big deals then we probably have a 2 year period in the future when we are rebuilding.

Why have no goalies been traded lately? They aren't in high demand.. Why hasn't LA traded Bernier? Goalie market is hurtin right now we just have to ride it out. He'll do something at the deadline but he's not going to destroy our future to see if he can build a powerhouse like pit

This would be a terrible year for the Canucks to go 'all in'.

With all the injuries and the fact that we are restocking our prospect pool for the future it would be detrimental for this club to try and risk the farm (such as it is) on this kind of off year.

Since people here like to compare the Canucks and the Senators situation alot this season let's try it like this. Do you see Ottawa trying to auction off its future to make a serious push come playoff time? I suppose there is still time for that to happen...but it seems extremely unlikely.

Your such a hard guy not to like. ;)

I think he blew it and he's faced with two options take less then he could have gotten for Lou now or even less in the summer as he will be a truly desperate man then and will not be able to hide behind his "we don't mind keeping both goalies" BS of a line.

Archived