The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Crosby Leaves The Ice After Taking A Puck To The Face

-DLC-

He's not going to win the Art Ross. Stamkos will pass him. The only way Crosby wins the Art Ross is if he only misses a couple weeks and can play the in the Penguins last 6 games. But with a broken jaw that's highly improbable.

And you can also make the argument that despite missing 1/4 of the season Crosby is going to finish in the top 5 or 10 for scoring, which is extremely impressive.

Stanley Cup Winner and Finalist

Order of Nova Scotia

WJC Gold and Silver

2 Time CHL Player of the Year

4 Time All Star

$104M x 12 Contract

4th All-Time Points Per Game

2009 Stanley Cup

Olympic Gold (OT Winner)

Art Ross Trophy

Rocket Richard Trophy

Hart Memorial Trophy

10 NHL Records

This guy is the best player in the NHL. What gives you the right to say this about him? You'll never even come close to what he has achieved already at age 25. You will never make 104M over 12 years.

He took a 120km/h piece of flying HARD RUBBER which is extremely LETHAL in the HEAD area which contains your BRAIN, TEETH, MOUTH, EYES, NOSE while having a CONCUSSION HISTORY and you're calling him a baby? Let's see you skate off the ice after getting hit in the FACE with a puck like it was nothing.

Retards like this piss me off

Crosby is a great player and will be for a long time. Anyone who whinges or says otherwise is just jealous or wish they had his skill in their teams lineup.

Pens will be fine without him and will continue their streak for the next few games at least, I hope that he is back in time for playoffs as it wont be the same or anywhere near as good without him.

I don't know how anyone could use this incident as a opporunity to call Crosby a wimp. Most players who take deflected shots off the side of their helmets spend more time writhing on the ice. Syd took a clean, 90mph slapper to face and was back up on his feet in less than ten seconds.

Just quickly skipping through clips of Boucher, Hillen, Paille, and Laperriere taking shots to the face, they're down on the ice for a long time. I'm not at all suggesting that they're wimps for doing so, but Syd deserves some credit for bouncing up like he did.

Archived