The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Finally seeing Schneider playing to his potential.

Outsiders

Based on tonight's game (and the 1st game of the season), I'd say Schneider can't handle the pressure - yet.

He had a good run the last 6 games...but then the media and pressure was on him to "win" again....

That said, I don't blame him for those goals tonight, nor Luongo for the ones he let in - I blame this team for not being ready to play (yet again!) when the game starts.

This is the downside of this situation....that constant comparisons will be made rather than accepting that a goaltender has had to back up another. When you have two #1 guys, people seem to feel the need to rate them on a side by side basis.

The Oilers came out flying. Schneids let in two quick ones and the decision to pull him so quickly was likely to give him a break (from that)....he had played several in a row, so no harm done in doing that. Lu played lights out after he got warmed up but don't throw one under the bus in sake of another...Schneids has been lights out and got us wins that likely should have been losses. We're lucky to have the luxury to pull a guy so quickly, knowing there's another very capable goaltender waiting in the wings. Makes the best out of situation that isn't ideal.

While we do have the $$ tied up/on the bench, why not make use of it?

Hard for me to see Lu go, as his experience is shining through in how he handled an absolute meltdown last night...could have easily been 10-0. But he shared the load/loss with Cory and it takes nothing away from his goaltending.

The team came out flat...no time for that. Oilers came out like it was playoff hockey...fully charged. Time for our guys to amp it up...

The Oilers put 6 past Chicago............let's not panic. They got off to a dream start and we are short manned just now. Suck it up, I thought we showed a lot of character shutting them down at 4.

seeing Cory get yanked after 2 goals, combined with the rapidly approching trade dealine makes me think the team is out right protecting his stats. for a potential goalie trade opportunity. Weather it be Lu or Cory. Looks like it is still up in the air, who we will keep.

It's funny I didn't see you around when Cory was playing well?

But really Cory didn't see the second shot (screened by a dumb ••• that shouldn't be playing on the nucks. The first was a great shot that he could have had but it was a great shot and he's pulled.... How can you blame him for the loss, really?

Lou came in and let in two goals on three shots, the first like Cory's first was a great shot but a shot he could have had and the second was a bad goal. Lou played great the rest of the night but Cory may have as well if he wasn't pulled.

You sir need to grow a set and come talking to us when Cory's winning games singlehandedly.

First thing need to tell everyone here ( my english is not first lanuage )

One of my cousin's friend is college hockey player . He know about his ( Schneider ) history . When he was 17- 18 . He had some problems in his stomach because he scared lots times before start the game .gave up 2-3 goals quickly like he does many times this season .

Nobody knows about it . Only few college teammates knews about it and his coach knew it .

Loungo , brodeur, patrick roy , miller many more goalies land as #1 goalie in nhl since they start them carrier . He came in nhl as backup . Why he doesn't came as #1 goalie ? Jus because he had no experience how to handle the team pressure .

Now that we're referring to games before, let's talk about last game then:

Schneids: SV%: 0.000

Lu: SV%: 0.909

I can say that doesn't look "damn good for Cory", if you ask me.

So what if it's only one game, that happens to Lu and everybody on here is on his case about how the guy's a bust and he's terrible now and we'll probably only get picks for him. Schneids plays terrible and it's just a bad game, he'll bounce back soon.

You people are almost, if not as ridiculous as the media, for god's sake.

Sure, the whole team played like garbage last night but this has been an ongoing trend for multiple years now.

You really think NHL GMs are that stupid?

He let in 2 goals on 4 shots. That's a 59.02 GAA. How is that protecting his stats? Leaving him in would have helped his stats.

My bad it was 2 shots, 2 goals. Even worse. .000 Save percentage .

Archived