Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

To Caps

Luongo

Ballard

To Canucks

Mike Green

Matthieu Perreault

Caps get rid of the underperforming Green and gets an elite goalie to mentor their young goaltenders. Canucks gets a former elite right handed dman and a 3rd line center. Win-win for both side, and neither side need to give up their future.

Gilman said that we can aiming to get a dman and another forward. So I am going to guess either this trade or something similar. It has to be a place where Luongo is willing to go to.

Now we'll find out if the Laffs were just trolling MG, or whether they had a reasonable interest.

In either event, MG just called their bluff.

They can keep their latest grossly over-valued asset, Bozak, and we'll see how serious they were.

If they opt out nobody cares (personally, never really did).

Now we'll find out if the Laffs were just trolling MG, or whether they had a reasonable interest.

In either event, MG just called their bluff.

They can keep their latest grossly over-valued asset, Bozak, and we'll see how serious they were.

If they opt out nobody cares (personally, never really did).

I think the fact that we acquired a center means that Gillis is considering some of the other teams offers.

Because we don't need a center, now maybe a team like Florida has other assets that may help us. Like Kopecky and Kulikov.

Specifically a puck rushing RHD. Rushing is a bigger thing than a puck moving D, as we already have guys who can pass.

Dynamic RW.

As much as we needed a centre; part of me is very sad to have not been in on Jagr again. Maybe this summer? With two passers as good as Danny & HANK, a true goal scoring RW could be ridiculous!

The centre was more important; we have numerous secondary level snipers all who have approached 30 goals (plus Kass who has that potential) but are not at that level. Because we have not had that passing, puck possession centre like Roy. I was hoping Ribiero, but...

As to moving Higgins and Raymond; no chance. Considering its a buyers market what would we get? Plus we just gave them the centre they need. Why would we invest in Roy then dump them?

With Roy addressing the Center hole, what other areas do we need filled.

Right handed D

Prospect pool

Also Higgins and Raymond are yet to be re-sign. Could we see them being part of a Luongo Package? A Raymond & Luongo deal would be quite the boost to a teams roster

Long Island is only a couple hour flight from Florida is it not?

Would Lu be willing to go to the team that drafted him? They're a pretty exciting up and coming team. They'll be better than Tampa Bay in the next few seasons.

Archived