The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

A solid RW and Kulikov would fill a lot! Kopecky is LW, no?

I'd be happy to entertain one of their substantial prospects almost on their own now???

And we should consider Ballard for a 2knd independently, if we can get someone on a 2 or 3 year deal instead of a rental.

I think the fact that we acquired a center means that Gillis is considering some of the other teams offers.

Because we don't need a center, now maybe a team like Florida has other assets that may help us. Like Kopecky and Kulikov.

Long Island is only a couple hour flight from Florida is it not?

Would Lu be willing to go to the team that drafted him? They're a pretty exciting up and coming team. They'll be better than Tampa Bay in the next few seasons.

I'd be happy to entertain one of their substantial prospects almost on their own now???

And we should consider Ballard for a 2knd independently, if we can get someone on a 2 or 3 year deal instead of a rental.

Yeah, maybe I'm a tad high on Ballard's value. But you responded with what I was thinking!

Any chance of a hockey trade anywhere?

Smashing Kassian and Old News hated it; I like Mike Green if we can offload Ballard somewhere.

If, by some chance, MG can flip Ballard for a 2nd then it essentially becomes Ballard+K-Con for Roy. Not bad at all considering Ballard is considered a buy-out for many.

If that happens then turning around and moving that 2nd again for a player like Streit or McBain would be huge.

Correct. No slag of your opinion intended. Part of which included a summary of Green's results sliding, which is pretty valid. I was hunting for proponents.

I see Green as overvalued at $6 mill also. But same for Lou, however each fills a much more needed potential role if swapped. They have Carlson and we have Cory. I've watched Washington play numerous times. Green would make our PP and transition game much better which are key issues beyond being a RHD. Issue of putting guys in a situation where they can help.

Many names that have surfaced have great value. But are LHD, or not any big advantage in transition,others still young and less likely to impact soon, where Green could help us win now.

I'm even coming off how much I expect for Lou in a tough market; hence no MoJo who I do like.

Context Canuck Surfer.

Luo and Edler for Green and Mojo

True - I did not care for that proposal at all.

Archived