The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

Yes that's why he won over martin freakin brodeur. Guess you didn't watch the semi final game which he saved our ass in.

Guess u didn't watch game seven vs the hawks... guess u didn't watch him out perform Rinne? Guess u didn't watch him out perform the reigning cup champion goalie in niemi? Guess u think we would have lasted more than five games in the scf if it wasn't for him DOMINATING GAME 1 with absolutely GODLIKE POSITIONING

guess u didn't watch game 2 and u definitely didn't watch game 5... one of the most unreal and technically phenomenal performances of his career.

Guess u were hammered or on drugs for game seven and didn't c him make two huge saves when tied at 0 and u must have been in the washroom when he made the early save on krejci. ...

that's par for the course for Luongo though. More ups and downs than a french brothel..........makes one good save, lets in three floaters. I'm not sorry to see his time end in Vancouver, I'll take the stability and mental strength of CS every single time. I'm tired of seeing Lu crumble.

I will say, however, his save on Sharp was a key component of that run.

Yes that's why he won over martin freakin brodeur. Guess you didn't watch the semi final game which he saved our ass in.

Guess u didn't watch game seven vs the hawks... guess u didn't watch him out perform Rinne? Guess u didn't watch him out perform the reigning cup champion goalie in niemi? Guess u think we would have lasted more than five games in the scf if it wasn't for him DOMINATING GAME 1 with absolutely GODLIKE POSITIONING

guess u didn't watch game 2 and u definitely didn't watch game 5... one of the most unreal and technically phenomenal performances of his career.

Guess u were hammered or on drugs for game seven and didn't c him make two huge saves when tied at 0 and u must have been in the washroom when he made the early save on krejci. ...

Thats exactly what I was agreeing with...

I missed out, SK wanted Kadri in the pre-season and I bought into the out of shape argument. He would have looked good if he were ever on the on table, but clearly he would not be now. But even when I undervalued him, I argued that they appeared desperate to develop a good young centre to replace Connolly etc.. So I also suggested they could not afford to give up on Kadri. Anyway, I see no centre for Lou either.

I like Franson, always have > even more now. I can't offer an objective opinion on Frattin, did not really watch the Leaf's when he was hot, but apparently he's cooled off. There seems enough agreement here I'm taking it as good value. But neither are any signature acquisition; like you I'd take the deal (Farnson/Frattin/First).

The way I see it; Nonis is new enough he could stand in front of a crowd and say he decided to throw caution to the wind and trade a first (or Gardiner, as they do have Reilly still). Despite conflict with his posturing, Leaf Nation would be thrilled with a crack at a play off run. He would survive fine.

Heck; Burkie swallowed his Irish pride and took ONLY JVR for Schenn. Maybe there is hope? I'd love Gardiner if we moved Ballard elsewhere (for Streit?).

Personally I didn't want any of their centers anyhow (aside from perhaps Steckel for a second 4th line left handed guy for the fourth line, who they dumped elsewhere anyhow). They've grossly overvalued their centers throughout the process, and can't afford to lose the depth there anyhow. In the end there were no realistic fits there all things considered.

I've suggested numerous times that a deal like Luo, Ballard, and a couple roster dumps like Mullen and Desbiens for Franson, Frattin, Scrivens and a 1st (minimum) could make sense. They have the capspace and money bags to afford that. I like a few other forwards of theirs, but in the end I prefer Frattin who I think has as much upside as their older wingers, and is an attractive RFA caphit, as is Franson.

In the end, I see better packages from Florida, NYI and Philly anyhow, but if we had to deal with the Laffs, there have some guys that are probably worthwhile - however they appear committed to the single B roster player offer, which is a joke.

I think they'll wind up with Kipper for a 1st if they persist with that. They've lobby lowballed Luo so much now that their fanbase buys the story that he's not worth a Bozak - it will be a harder sell when they face the reality that it'll cost a lot more than that.

They've kinda dug themselves a contradiction there that will make them look like suckers if they cut a fair value deal.

I think Lu is a typical reflex goalie. As a result when his game isn't on he starts guessing. Schneider on the other hand plays a positional game which combined with his size simply stops more pucks more often. We haven't seen Schneider's prime yet, we might have seen Lu's. Nothing more exciting when Lu is hot don't get me wrong. I hope Gillis goes back to the NYI potential. A Mark Streit on the RD anchors the d-core. Send Ballard as well and snag some young prospects.

that's par for the course for Luongo though. More ups and downs than a french brothel..........makes one good save, lets in three floaters. I'm not sorry to see his time end in Vancouver, I'll take the stability and mental strength of CS every single time. I'm tired of seeing Lu crumble.

I will say, however, his save on Sharp was a key component of that run.

I like the fact that he can skate the puck out under pressure. I see a serious future in Gardiner. But I too have trouble seeing a current role if we're in win now mode. Particularly with all the LHD we already have in place, not a great fit for win now as he is not exactly fully developed.

He is correctly an asset not a play.But play off driving teams tend to give up asset's not battle hardened vets. So just a way to get value from TO. For Sean C in a flip; you bet!

How anchored in the Leaf's line up is Kulemin? Any way to structure him as a secondary piece? (honest question)

I'd want Gardiner for the purpose of flipping him for Couturier...

I'm not keen on depending upon a guy like him at this stage - essentially trading chances. I like theminister's preference for Streit, or McBain, who is reported to be available. I have a preference for a more developed two way player, which is what I think MG has also accomplished at C in Roy as opposed to where we were a year ago.

One depth C and an addition/swap of a R third pairing dmen and I don't think this team has ever been better, deeper or more balanced.

you luongo nut swingers are insane. sorry but game 6 SCF performance and game 7 SCF performance sealed it. the guy is absolutely awful id trade him for a bum on east hastings.

Those two games were so dreadful and pathetic. If you switched goalies in that series and thomas was on canucks they win the cup.

you luongo nut swingers are insane. sorry but game 6 SCF performance and game 7 SCF performance sealed it. the guy is absolutely awful id trade him for a bum on east hastings.

Those two games were so dreadful and pathetic. If you switched goalies in that series and thomas was on canucks they win the cup.

Archived