The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

I doubt MG can move Schneider or Luongo at the price he's asking. All the GMs know that Vancouver has too much money tied up in the goalie position. So MG is now in a position of weakness. So unless some other GM is under the gun to get a #1 goalie, I fear the return will be weak for either of them.

I pray that LUongo gets traded to Florida or Tampa Bay. I don't care what we get in return. You know why?

they are in the leafs f in division, and I will like to see Luongo haunt the frack outta that team. frack you Nonis. Why you have to negotiate in bad faith? frackin business men like him don't last very long in damn league.

He wants out because he was run out of town by the fans and media, who would want to deal with this. there is fairness in critisizing his play, we all have a right as fans, but the amount of abuse the man takes is beyond reproach. he has dealt with it better than most human beings can and I for one felt very bad for him, watching that presser yesterday.

As commodore said, it was stupid. Why have a presser saying you weren't traded. Let MG handle it and let him play his game and go back to work. Why drag him through the mud etc, other than just to 'get it out of the way' perhaps.

That being said, you can see the emotional toll this has taken on him, and as a human being no one deserves this, no matter how much you are paid, etc etc...he brings smiles to kids who are dying at Canucks place, think about that next time people bash. Critisism as I said is fair, about his game, and comparing him to another goalie. But even I have crossed the line and am somewhat ashamed after watching that presser yesterday.

The city and fans owe that man an apology.

There are seven threads on this site alone that prove the fans are running him out of town and you for one are one of many to blame.

Listen to 1040 for a day and that's enough grounds to trigger a depression or a war. Fans and media alike are vindictive out for blood capital A-holes and you're one of them.

So Luongo being "run out of town" has nothing to do with the organization deciding that Schneider is their main guy?

Also, do you think that Luongo reads these forums or pays any attention to 1040 am or the Vancouver newspapers? I doubt that he does very much if at all. All pro athletes have detractors so Luongo probably isn't leaving the Canucks because of some potential hurt feelings. Besides, if he knew he had fans like yourself he'd probably never want to leave.

Depends on Nabby, If they feel like they can get by with him for 1 more season and trade for a young up-and-coming goalie like Bernier, than no I don't think he goes there. I would love to see him their though, think he and Tavares would take the league by storm.

I really thought Islanders and Canucks could've been great trade partners this year, Raymond + Luongo for some of the islanders young prospects (Hamonic -- Niedereitter). With Tavares and Bailey, Grabner and Okposo, Streit /Visnovski, The team looks pretty good IMO.

I just wish they actually had an owner who could spend some doe, that Thomas acquisition to make the cap floor is ridiculous.

This isn't meant to pick on you but why does it always have to be the fault of the Toronto media or the Maple Leafs management? Can't this be that Gillis signed Luongo to an awful contract and it's close to impossible to move that deal? This is essentially what many analysts were thinking early on and it made so many Canuck's fans angry. Bob McKenzie said over ten months ago that the market for Luongo was small and this place exploded.

Why would any team give up assets for Luongo this summer when they know Gillis has to move his salary for next season. The cap is catching up to him fast. Any leverage Gillis had is gone. Teams may as well play chicken with him for Luongo. Gillis has to blink. He either takes back salary, eats cap or buys him out. No strength at all but might as well blame Darren Dreger, Bob McKenzie, Damien Cox et all for that position and not the brilliant GM who put the club in this position.

With all due respect, you entirely missed the point - perhaps read the post again and show me where I "blame" the Laffs gaggle for anything. I'm glad that Luongo didn't go there - why would I bother to "blame" them?

What I did have a laff at are their stories and their lobbying approach. I could care less that a deal with them was not done.

My opinion is that the Canucks are better off keeping Luongo for balance of the season than sending him to Toronto for a downgrade in goal and picks. Scrivens as a disposable throw in to a deal may have made sense - Scrivens and picks makes no sense. He'd be disposable to this franchise at season's end - and a couple mid round 2nds are going nowhere. I'm content that Luongo is here and would rather he wind up elsewhere - your reading in blame is a projection. Relief would be more accurate. A lot of people are searching for someone to blame. I could care less - blame is the lazy man's wages,

We already know what the cap is dropping to, so nothing unexpected will happen but I think we will get something too, not just. Maybe a 2nd round pick or 2. Or a prospect and a pick. But not much more than that. And thats fine, the cap space is an asset too, aswell as moving on from the situation.

With all due respect, you entirely missed the point - perhaps read the post again and show me where I "blame" the Laffs gaggle for anything. I'm glad that Luongo didn't go there - why would I bother to "blame" them?

What I did have a laff at are their stories and their lobbying approach. I could care less that a deal with them was not done.

My opinion is that the Canucks are better off keeping Luongo for balance of the season than sending him to Toronto for a downgrade in goal and picks. Scrivens as a disposable throw in to a deal may have made sense - Scrivens and picks makes no sense. He'd be disposable to this franchise at season's end - and a couple mid round 2nds are going nowhere. I'm content that Luongo is here and would rather he wind up elsewhere - your reading in blame is a projection. Relief would be more accurate. A lot of people are searching for someone to blame. I could care less - blame is the lazy man's wages,

News eventually gets to them. Fans get to them, sometimes directly by booing. Did I say it had nothing to do with the organization going with Schneider? No. Including this notion are others which you blatantly take no credit in spreading when you're one of five-six posters on these boards that has been vindictively propagating his demise because your feelings were hurt when the Canucks were ran out of their own town by the big bad Bs. Tough sh!t and grow up.

You're out to lunch.

Hey guys if we were to compliance buy out luongo

What would we have to pay him? Half or 2/3rds and there would be no cap hit correct?

Edit :nvm I wanted to suggest we buy out and re sign him

.. but apparently its not allowed.

So lets swap him wwith bryz and Philly buys out luongo and we buy out bryz. And then we sign luongo .

Trade Cory for duchene

Archived