The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

What do u mean what's my point? More than half the city has cussed him out... all the writtters wanted him gone... mg...

Anyways I'm not continuing this because its a MAJOR IF.

don't worry tho smurf, if it happens u won't be heckled much... the world will focus on nonis n heckle him for not pulling the deadline deal.

What do u mean what's my point? More than half the city has cussed him out... all the writtters wanted him gone... mg...

Anyways I'm not continuing this because its a MAJOR IF.

don't worry tho smurf, if it happens u won't be heckled much... the world will focus on nonis n heckle him for not pulling the deadline deal.

You really need to get off this notion that people who are critical of Lou's goaltending(that's what its about) are haters ! I think Lou is a great guy, smart, funny, dedicated to his craft and a has great work ethics. The point with me is that Lou has technical deficiencies and even though he is aware of them, works hard to overcome them, he seems to be unable to integrate the fixes for any length of time. That's a real puzzle to me. He started the season with much better techniques, then changed back, and now appears to be reintroducing them again. I don't know whether its pressure or just uncomfortable or that his previous style is too ingrained to change but the fact remains that to the trained eyes he is showing inconsistency. I'd love nothing better than to see Lou succeed, I just don't see it happening while a better goalie is wearing a Canuck jersey or unless he can change. He needs to be #1 somewhere, I just don't believe its here.

Again you and I aren't going to completely agree on this... but seriously some of the comments on Lui on here are complete hatred.

Anyways I rather not get into it... I'm happy our team has two elite goalies. In a perfect world I would want to see lui win the cup for us rather than Cory. However if Cory was to do it for us it would still be the greatest day of my life to see hank raise the cup.

I'm definitely a lui Homer. I just want the story book ending after what happened in 2011.

For those people that keep saying why would Florida want Luongo:

1Ukv8.gif

That was after he was pulled in the Isles game last night, with 5 goals in 18 shots.

Florida G Markstrom ‘angry at myself’ as consistency issues continue

The 23-year-old goalie — pegged as the club’s goalie of the future — was thrust into action this year after Jose Theodore was lost to a torn groin, and the returns haven’t been great.

Markstrom’s been wildly inconsistent en route to a less-than-stellar stat line: 6-11, 3.17 GAA, .903 save percentage. He’s also been hooked three times in 15 games.

On Tuesday, he allowed five goals on 18 shots in a 5-2 loss to the Islanders, with the fifth — a backhander from Michael Grabner — ending his night prematurely.

“[Markstrom] needs to work on video, go home and continue to grow and come back for a fresh start,” Tallas explained. “There are no guarantees in this league. You’ve got to earn spots in this league. They’re not handed to you.”

Tallas acknowledged Markstrom was in a tough spot. The team in front of him isn’t very good, and he’s often going up against clubs fighting tooth-and-nail for playoff spots.

But Tallas also said the Swedish netminder “has to make a big save to turn the game around,” and that Florida was “trying to keep his confidence right now.”

The big question most will ask is if Florida mishandled Markstrom by throwing him into this situation. He wasn’t given much of an opportunity to succeed.

Markstrom has had a great career in the AHL so far. At 23 you would think he would make a real challenge for regular NHL games. Not watching Florida I don't know what the team is playing like in front of him. It looks thin. From a business perspective it might make sense for Florida to pic up Lu in June and build a season's ticket campaign around his return. Lu could carry the load for Florida for the next 4 years and Tallon could slow Markstrom's development accordingly.

I think what some people are picturing is they get him to keep for the remainder of his contract and that he'd have to be the starter while he's there. That doesn't have to be the case, they could move him in 3-4 years after mentoring Markstom or keep him in a reduced role when his actual salary drops but his cap hit remains at $5.3M.

Lu might not want to be a backup here (certainly not at this point in his career) but as he starts to decline he might be quite fine with it so long as he's somewhere that's as ideal as possible off ice as well.

I think what some people are picturing is they get him to keep for the remainder of his contract and that he'd have to be the starter while he's there. That doesn't have to be the case, they could move him in 3-4 years after mentoring Markstom or keep him in a reduced role when his actual salary drops but his cap hit remains at $5.3M.

Lu might not want to be a backup here (certainly not at this point in his career) but as he starts to decline he might be quite fine with it so long as he's somewhere that's as ideal as possible off ice as well.

Every time i hear the name Dale tallon, I think of Gil Perreault. This knob OWES the city of Vancouver/province of BC. If he had even a SHRED of humility by GAWWD, he'd send us 5 of his BEST PROSPECTS for the great Roberto.

Ever since 1970, this guy's been wreakin'havoc on our good times! Wouldn't be surprised if he also caused the Beatles break up; AND the over-commercialization of the Stones, leading to 35 years of dismal albums...

WAKE UP Tallon, & pay off yer debts!...

Every time i hear the name Dale tallon, I think of Gil Perreault. This knob OWES the city of Vancouver/province of BC. If he had even a SHRED of humility by GAWWD, he'd send us 5 of his BEST PROSPECTS for the great Roberto.

Ever since 1970, this guy's been wreakin'havoc on our good times! Wouldn't be surprised if he also caused the Beatles break up; AND the over-commercialization of the Stones, leading to 35 years of dismal albums...

WAKE UP Tallon, & pay off yer debts!...

After reviewing capgeek - I think Gillis will only be in a position this summer to get a prospect and draft picks back in a Luongo trade (even after buying out Ballard). They can really only afford to bring in a forward or d-man on a ELC - unless they want no depth at all on their roster. I'm fine with this. Would rather see a prospect and/or pick in return.

Archived