The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

Ok, I received approval to provide the name of the player from that tidbit I received. My source told me that MIchal Handzus will be a Canuck very shortly. Take it for what it's worth. I have no proof or confidence that it will actually happen.

I know most of you will say 'yuck' but he still does provide good face-off ability even though he is a slow as molasses these days. Apparently he is completely out of favour in SJ.

Luongo to Toronto for a conditional 7th round pick. (If Toronto makes it to the Playoffs)

At this point its more about getting rid of Lu's contract then getting good return.

Luongo will soon be the next Rick Dipietro. We don't need that type of money being wasted on an AHL goalie.

ok, look at last year: the canucks management thought they needed a shut-down center to replace Malholtra, and needed to free up the roster spot. So they got rid of Hodgson and brought in Phalsson. You can what you want about the move, but it was a calculated move based on needs. If Phalsson had aged well he would still be playing with us... doesn't always work out.

This year, the teams needs a 3rd line center again (same situation - they are probably looking for a shut-down guy) because I'll bet they are counting on Kesler to be healthy come playoffs. They also have an extra quality goaltender, and could use a bona-fide scorer in the top 6 cause they don't think Booth is coming back in time.

ergo: get defensive center and midling scorer. get rid of goaltender.

Archived