The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

So Luongo starts next game yes? And if he wins it he'll start the next one and so on yes?

Enough d!cking around. Time to get our bench warming elite goaltender ready for the playoffs.

A god damned disgrace.

I agree with u but at this point the situation has unfolded so poorly and management has been absolutely disgraceful... I know jm dreaming but even if Lui went in and won 16 in a row with shutouts in the playoffs he would still want to be gone come the off season because of how poorly this red neck mg has treated him.

Anyways...

I'd give Cory the start on Saturday just based on how poorly Lui has played vs the wings this year. I don't think he's played as poorly as people say vs Detroit but at the end of the day he's got two losses.

Then give Lui Chicago, and see how it goes after that. I'm willing to bet my house Lui would make the Hawks cry.

Wow, has someone taken over your account? I'm really impressed. I agree give Cory the Wings and let Luongo get some sweet revenge on the hawks possibly for the last time as Canuck. If I were a betting man I would say Luongo plays lights out against the hawks

Wow, has someone taken over your account? I'm really impressed. I agree give Cory the Wings and let Luongo get some sweet revenge on the hawks possibly for the last time as Canuck. If I were a betting man I would say Luongo plays lights out against the hawks

Luo is a great goalie, one of the best in the league, I've never doubted Luo ability. I hope for his sake he does get traded in summer and I hope he goes to florida. I think he would do unreal there. He would get to be with his wife, and play in a non hockey market where he wont get scrutinized over every goal. he'll probably play lights out and turn Florida into a contending team. (that plus they have a awesome prospect pool). In all fairness I think this team owes it to him. Even if he goes for basically nothing.

He's giving his all for this team and has put up with fans calling for his head year after year. This year he hasn't made a fuss and he's been a constant pro. It would be a nice change of scenery for him and he does deserve it.

Vancouver is a great city, but for a goalie it's also being like put into an oven with everyone expecting you to burn. It would be extremely mentally draining on a person, He is still human. But I want luo to have a fresh start in a new city and no doubt in my mind that he will succeed.

Luo is a great goalie, one of the best in the league, I've never doubted Luo ability. I hope for his sake he does get traded in summer and I hope he goes to florida. I think he would do unreal there. He would get to be with his wife, and play in a non hockey market where he wont get scrutinized over every goal. he'll probably play lights out and turn Florida into a contending team. (that plus they have a awesome prospect pool). In all fairness I think this team owes it to him. Even if he goes for basically nothing.

He's giving his all for this team and has put up with fans calling for his head year after year. This year he hasn't made a fuss and he's been a constant pro. It would be a nice change of scenery for him and he does deserve it.

Vancouver is a great city, but for a goalie it's also being like put into an oven with everyone expecting you to burn. It would be extremely mentally draining on a person, He is still human. But I want luo to have a fresh start in a new city and no doubt in my mind that he will succeed.

I agree with pretty much everthing you said. Even right now, I see Luongo as a starter regardless.

I don't even know where the goalie graveyard came from, all thanks To Brian Burke who named us that. What a coward.

It was him that brought in Felix Potvin who was a failure from day 1. He struggled he replaced him with another goalie that wasn't that great in Dan Cloutier

Rant over.

Honestly, we are already seeing a break in Schneider. I think Schneider will eventually be able to handle it - but he will face some failures and learn from mistakes as Luongo did with the media.

Luongo's learned everything he needs - he's done every wrong at every level in the playoffs with the media. Luongo is now at a place where he is finally comfortable and can do no wrong. He's finally able to handle this city.

It'll take Schneider time. Our window to win, however, is now. Why, then, stick with the younger less experienced?

Lack will come along. Goalies can always be attained through trades and signings. That's how we got Luongo. Schneider brings a long-term security, but Luongo provides the win-now opportunity.

Stick with #1. Get assets for #35. Go for the Cup.

Guest Dasein

All well and good in your eyes. Tell me, why are Schneider's stats better than Lou's over the last 3 seasons? Surely that indicates superior play.

Honestly, we are already seeing a break in Schneider. I think Schneider will eventually be able to handle it - but he will face some failures and learn from mistakes as Luongo did with the media.

Luongo's learned everything he needs - he's done every wrong at every level in the playoffs with the media. Luongo is now at a place where he is finally comfortable and can do no wrong. He's finally able to handle this city.

It'll take Schneider time. Our window to win, however, is now. Why, then, stick with the younger less experienced?

Lack will come along. Goalies can always be attained through trades and signings. That's how we got Luongo. Schneider brings a long-term security, but Luongo provides the win-now opportunity.

Stick with #1. Get assets for #35. Go for the Cup.

Archived