The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

It looks like the Panthers will be drafting McKinnon with the 2nd overall. They have an abundance of high end prospect centers and Markstrom has shown he is not ready. Panthers didn't need/want Lu this year, the season was already a loss because of the lockout and they had a ton of injuries. They will be expected to compete next year and Lu would give them much needed veteran experience and all star goaltending.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before (it probably has), and I'm not about to go through 6 full threads + 46+ pages of a 7th thread to find out.

However, if I were Roberto, I would probably nix any trade proposed involving me, just so that I would stay with the Canucks. Nothing better than showing up to every practice and game, giving the big F.U. to AV until he's fired. ::D

Typical of you ..picking the posts that suit your purpose...how about my post after the Edmonton game? I was saddened for Lou. I'm not a Lou hater, I'd like nothing more than to see him improve his game and status. But for people who look at his past, thinking it will repeat itself are sadly mistaken. Lou was angry at himself after that game and he had every reason to be.,I am beating a dead horse here because few people understand whats going on with Lou. I'm outa here, dealing with people without logic or understanding and condescending , judgemental people like you....I mean...who but an egoist calls himself Elvis ? Adios

Actually, picking from your posts to suit a purpose would be more difficult than just randomly picking a few; you were exposed as a Schneider fan/ Luongo basher long ago.

And of course, a small intended slight when no other recourse will suffice.

Back from your banishment I see welcome! You might note, most of my retorts are directed at you and not so much Lou. I'm just going to add you to my ignore list because I'm tired of your snide remarks(the technicality of goaltending) while adding nothing to the discussion. I won't play your game any more nor will I comment on this Lou/Schneider fiasco. Schneider is now #1 for reasons that should be apparent to all.

I think for the most part you are just preaching to the choir. People get tired of you beating this opinion over and over again in a pissing contest with CH101. If you think you're above his "snide remarks", then be above it, don't become it.

I agree and am done here, really a waste of energy, so..its to the golf course for me...see if I can improve on my 5 handicap..but in closing...really isn't your call or Elvis to chastise anyone on this board...that's for the moderators....adios.

Pretty similar results. Reimer was ok and Lu had a chance to steal the show until letting in 2 weak ones in the 3rd

. Oh I know the fanboys will say he had no chance, and it blah blah defence, but really, a rebound fron a backhand from the boards from the corner sliding along the ice at 50mph, and then going into his classic clam mode instead of butterfly on the 3rd goal, yes it was deflected but if he was in butterfly with his legs to the side instead of striaght forward he would have made that save. 2 bad goals at a very bad time, and yes our offence did suck, but sometimes ya have to get elite goaltending and win 2-1 when maybe you are not playing your best.

Really? Gotta love the support he gets around here...especially after that save in the first where he allowed us a chance to keep it 0-0.

1st goal was a good shot through two Canucks in front of Luongo on the PP.

2nd goal was a scramble with Desjardins sitting in the middle of his crease so he didn't even have a chance to dive across for a save.

3rd goal was a pass from behind the net that Luongo has lined up until it gets deflected.

Or we could try and have our current players score goals instead of relying on former players to get us on the board.

Archived