The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

I have a friend who works with the panthers organization .. . He told me he felt a deal was close .Now, Im just a fan , and I really enjoy these message boards , so when I found out, I thought Id share what I had heard with you guys .. I wouldnt have posted it if I thought it was bogus ..

I have a friend who works with the panthers organization .. . He told me he felt a deal was close .Now, Im just a fan , and I really enjoy these message boards , so when I found out, I thought Id share what I had heard with you guys .. I wouldnt have posted it if I thought it was bogus ..

For us to be a contender, IMO, MG needs to be pulling one of the more epic deadline deals.

Such as the arrival of Francis & Samuelson, Colorado getting first Roy and then Bourque for another cup.

We're going to be changing the make up of the team. Quite probably more than just Lou...

Otherwise a hockey deal that continues to be about the future, such as Kassian but accumulating pieces that get us closer. Look at Pitt; saw a horizon with cap difficulties and traded a great young player to Carolina. But they collected cap room and prospects which left them the flexibility to do what they did this week. Maybe it will happen this year, maybe not, but lets march forward!

Gillis not capable of making the moves this team actually needs once again.

He must do all of his shopping in thrift stores, cause he sure loves bargains...Except lately, his bargains seem to be coming back to haunt him.

Matthias petrovic has the potential to turn out like a steal..

Matthias is breaking out right now he could end up being the steal in the trade. The guy is on fire, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to keep him.

Petrovic is another real good prospect,

Farhan just tweeted this

@FarhanLaljiTSN: Gillman on #Luongo trade talks: "Mike is in discussions with multiple teams... Talks are beyond the 'tire kicking' stage" #canucks

guys .. i feel stupid .. i effed up .. The friend I had spoken to told me " he thought lu was coming here " which I assumed was florida .. [ because he works there ] but he meant Toronto , cause thats where he is working today when we spoke .. he thinks the deal involves 3 teams .. but he says he thinks lu will be a leaf .. sorry for the confusion .. just telling ya what i heard ..

Matthias petrovic has the potential to turn out like a steal..

Matthias is breaking out right now he could end up being the steal in the trade. The guy is on fire, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to keep him.

Petrovic is another real good prospect,

Farhan just tweeted this

@FarhanLaljiTSN: Gillman on #Luongo trade talks: "Mike is in discussions with multiple teams... Talks are beyond the 'tire kicking' stage" #canucks

Farhan Lalji@FarhanLaljiTSN1m

Gillman on #Luongo trade talks: "Mike is in discussions with multiple teams... Talks are beyond the 'tire kicking' stage" #canucks

More Gillman: "We need a 3rd line center, but no one is going to 'steal' Roberto from us. We're not moving him for a rental. We need something for today & tomorrow"

Sounds entirely directed at recent Leaf lowball lobbying.

I'd like Matthias, but whether he is the guy or not, his emergence is a very good thing, as is what Drew Shore has shown this season. Those two guys were the "B" rated Cs among their young players and prospects.

Add Huberdeau, Mueller, Goc and Weiss as well as Bjugstad to the mix, and there's a lot of reasonable options.

I'm really hoping MG just decides to compromise with Tallon. I really like a lot of the Panthers. Not only that but folks here are always complaining about the Florida guys that have come this way. If people look closer at the history of deals with them, the Canucks have done exceptionally well. We practically owe them Luongo back in a sense, if fairness had anything to do with retrospect. Anyhow, I hope Luo gets what he wants, and both sides get a fair and reasonable compromise. Nothing I'd like more than a few of the Panthers "B" assets.

I'd also love to see the Luo not go to the Leafs, considering they value him at less than a Bozak rental. As(s)inine.

Archived