The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

I watched a Gillius interview pre-deadline. He did his standard Lou has been a pro, there's been interest but if nothing happens we'll owe it to both guys to make a move in summer, we're happy to go all year if???

But he also responded to a question about interest in Schneider and whether we'd consider moving him. I can't quote, dangerous to even paraphrase but vthe answer baically said Lou would have to come back to us and let us know he wants to be here...

This remains an issue where Lou appears clearly to want out. He may have tried to drive the bus last year, but I agree he probably is willing to buy tickets to new detsinations this year.

Perhaps way back in one of the first few threads something similar was mentioned, but it certainly wouldn't be anything where he'd prevent a deal just until AV was fired. AV has nothing to do with Luongo's position now, it's all about how Schneider has come up and replaced him as the starter.

Even then, I don't think Luongo has any interest in vetoing any and all possible trades so he can stay in Vancouver. He's made it clear he'd like to be in Florida at least, and he doesn't want to share time with Schneider (or stay here as a backup) long term. Perhaps, if a deal is made for Schneider to be traded, he'd consider staying but without knowing what he's thinking that's not more than an outside possibility at this point.

Well, Columbus has a young goalie ahead of even Schneider, according to some, in the Vezina race. Your probably right about Columbus, but not for the reason you might be thinking?

Why woouldn't Lou go to Edmonton or Calgary? Edmonton has a great future & Calgary is a great place to live! I don't see them as a play-off team; but nixing Iginla, likely their goalie and big Bow thjey have money to spend when the opportunity presents itself.

Count NYR, the Habs, COLUMBUS, the Sharks, LA, Boston, Detroit & Ottawa as teams he wont go to. They already have goaltending. Top odd's he goes to an up and coming team without a star goalie. Next up; a re-building team. Last a play off team who has a fall out in goal. Or Philly, a team to their own. :rolleyes: Lots of places for Lou and no reason to discount Calgary or Edmonton!

I think ... well, pretty much the exact opposite. He might have been picky last summer,but by now I think he just wants out.

I'd say Calgary, Edmonton, mmmaybe Buffalo and Columbus would be the only teams he'd reject at this point.

I do not see how a player not being traded would lead to a coaching change in any way.

Just trade Luongo for a 3rd rounder or 2nd rounder. Atleast we get something decent, if we keep pushing we will push too much and fall off the cliff and value goes down.

I watched a Gillius interview pre-deadline. He did his standard Lou has been a pro, there's been interest but if nothing happens we'll owe it to both guys to make a move in summer, we're happy to go all year if???

But he also responded to a question about interest in Schneider and whether we'd consider moving him. I can't quote, dangerous to even paraphrase but vthe answer baically said Lou would have to come back to us and let us know he wants to be here...

This remains an issue where Lou appears clearly to want out. He may have tried to drive the bus last year, but I agree he probably is willing to buy tickets to new detsinations.

Luongo, Ballard and our first to Philly

Laughton and their first back 11th overall - They get their goalie, a top 4 dman (both big needs) an still have a first rounder. They have youth and Philly fans wont take not making the playoffs again. They move a non roster player and get a solid dman (if played in the right spot) and a hell of a goalie. They become contenders in the East again.

Then move Beiksa and that first to Edm for their 1st (Edmonton keeps a high pick -11 and gets a good vet dman - again a BIG need. We lose a bit but need to give to get).

Then move Jensen and the Edm Pick to FLA for second overall (Fla has alot of young centers, they dont NEED Mckinnon. My guess is they'd prefer getting Jones but Colorado its a no brainer). Edm has the number 6? or 7 right so they still have a very high pick AND get Jensen. No brainer for them.

We end up with #2 and get McKinnon (the first line center we're dying for).

Future Core

Mckinnon, Schnieder, Edler, Tanev, Corrado, Kassian, Gaunce, Laughton.

Depth down the middle.

Give up Lou, Ballard, Bieksa and Jensen for Laughton and Mckinnon.

Sounds like alot but think here

Lou and Ballard are gone, need to be, so we get alot of cap room back too...kind of 'throw ins' but are better so it sounds like alot but from OUR perpective they are.

Therefore we're giving up Bieksa and Jensen for Mckinnon and Laughton

I make that trade

He is in even more charge now. If I'm Luongo and his agent I want the compliance buy out. Why go to Edmonton when you can force Gillis' hand and be a UFA with a giant 30 plus million dollar cheque in the back of said bus he is driving? Get all of your money from the Canucks and more form the Panthers. That's the end game if they are smart about it. And why Gillis has zero leverage.

Pretty Simple folks

1. For all those saying lou cost us the game. Again, I am a go with Schnieder guy but Lou has played lights out. 3 goals in 2 games for, 1 of which we didnt even score. Well you cant blame him for losses

2. The game would have been 4-0 with in the first period had he not stood on his head

3. Yes the last one was a leaker but it happens it found a hole. If Hansen could hit a friggen empty net or AV is smart enough to put his best checkers on the ice vs trying to get the sedin's an empty netter to get them going we win.

4. His value has increased, anyone critisizing goaltending right now is out to lunch

5. Cherry just helped his value tonight on coaches corner. He called out our scorers and said the problem in Vancouver is not our goalies, to which I concur.

6. Never has been our goalies just that we have two great ones, and the younger one is slightly better and cheaper.

7. That doesn't mean Lou sucks...

Well, Columbus has a young goalie ahead of even Schneider, according to some, in the Vezina race. Your probably right about Columbus, but not for the reason you might be thinking?

Why woouldn't Lou go to Edmonton or Calgary? Edmonton has a great future & Calgary is a great place to live! I don't see them as a play-off team; but nixing Iginla, likely their goalie and big Bow thjey have money to spend when the opportunity presents itself.

Count NYR, the Habs, COLUMBUS, the Sharks, LA, Boston, Detroit & Ottawa as teams he wont go to. They already have goaltending. Top odd's he goes to an up and coming team without a star goalie. Next up; a re-building team. Last a play off team who has a fall out in goal. Or Philly, a team to their own. :rolleyes: Lots of places for Lou and no reason to discount Calgary or Edmonton!

Pretty Simple folks

1. For all those saying lou cost us the game. Again, I am a go with Schnieder guy but Lou has played lights out. 3 goals in 2 games for, 1 of which we didnt even score. Well you cant blame him for losses

2. The game would have been 4-0 with in the first period had he not stood on his head

3. Yes the last one was a leaker but it happens it found a hole. If Hansen could hit a friggen empty net or AV is smart enough to put his best checkers on the ice vs trying to get the sedin's an empty netter to get them going we win.

4. His value has increased, anyone critisizing goaltending right now is out to lunch

5. Cherry just helped his value tonight on coaches corner. He called out our scorers and said the problem in Vancouver is not our goalies, to which I concur.

6. Never has been our goalies just that we have two great ones, and the younger one is slightly better and cheaper.

7. That doesn't mean Lou sucks...

Archived