The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

The TSN panel was mentioning how NYI would be a good fit for Luongo.

I agree. It does make alot of sense on many different levels.

The Isles are a young exciting team, but they need some stability in net, and a veteran goalie like Luongo could be a great leader for them.

The team's moving to Booklyn and after this great first round series, adding a big name player could really attract fans.

Luongo would be more likely to go there now that they've shown they can contend, and Brooklyn would be a great place for him (short flight to Florida, large italian community, part of a young rebranded team, not as much media scrutiny)

Plus the Isles have some pieces we could really use. Last time I checked, Niedereitter wanted out of there because they didn't even invite him to camp. He's a highly skilled left winger (exactly what we need), and could be an exciting addition to a future core of Jensen, Schroeder, Gaunce, and Kassian.

He's started

Game six Chicago (left after giving up a goal and havinng a panic attack

Game three vs kings... played well but lost

Game four vs kings... played amazing.

Game five vs kings... played well but gave up a weak OT goal

Game three of sharks series... played horrendous... reminded me of cloutiers game seven third period vs the wild in 2003.

Game four vs sharks... played well but let in an awfullll tying goal and then coughed up a huge rebound in OT that coated us the game.

Its pretty funny how full circle this whole Luongo saga has become. When it first became apparent we were going to deal Luongo the general consensus was to just find someone to take that contract off our hands and be done with it. Fast forward to the lockout and the rumors start and everyone gets excited oh hey we may actually get a good player from this deal and now it seems were back to stage 1. Just find someone to take that contract and be happy.

I actually like a proposal I've seen around here with offering up Luongo for Dipietro and buying him out. Would possibly allow us to acquire some actual talent that could help the team in the process. Of coarse that all depends on Aquallini and would mean Booth stays. Money wise its not a huge savings but a savings none the less and a better option if all else fails and a Luongo deal cannot be made with anyone else.

He's started

Game three of sharks series... played horrendous... reminded me of cloutiers game seven third period vs the wild in 2003.

Game four vs sharks... played well but let in an awfullll tying goal and then coughed up a huge rebound in OT that coated us the game.

He's started

he came in coz AV is trying desperately to save his job?? i'm sure game 1 and 2 was Luongo's fault last year and this year.. hence we are down 0-2.

remind me why Schneider have to play in 4 games he didn't even start in? remind me why Luongo had to play in 1/3 of the games Schneider started in.

The team plays a lot differently when they are not down 1 or 2-0 in a series? well when you are down 1-0 or 2-0 in a series you play a lot more desperate lol.. in game 3 and 4 the last 2 playoff series.. they played a lot better than they were game 1 and 2..

Archived