The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

I think you're/we're getting trolled/April fooled here - it's a source, quoting a source, that's not quoting a source. There are no real references to any deal, it remains at the level of fiction, and sounds like an age-old rehash of the unsubstantiated Aaron Portzline story , rehashed by Botchford, and then retracted.

MacLean says he talked to someone who says they talked to Luongo... yada yada.

If MacLean had any actual information, you'd think the 'source' would actually qualify what the alleged rejected deal was. The rumour at the time was Schenn - which I highly doubt MG would have accepted, let alone put to Luongo to be blocked. Luo unambiguously has said many times that he had not yet been asked to waive or submit a list of teams, which would suggest things never got to that point. Until there is any real information, it just looks like more of the same rehashed myths.

Do you have a source that indicates MacLean would go on national tv not believing what he he is reporting?

Former GM; probably has some connections & knowledge of what goes on.

I think you're/we're getting trolled/April fooled here - it's a source, quoting a source, that's not quoting a source. There are no real references to any deal, it remains at the level of fiction, and sounds like an age-old rehash of the unsubstantiated Aaron Portzline story , rehashed by Botchford, and then retracted.

MacLean says he talked to someone who says they talked to Luongo... yada yada.

If MacLean had any actual information, you'd think the 'source' would actually qualify what the alleged rejected deal was. The rumour at the time was Schenn - which I highly doubt MG would have accepted, let alone put to Luongo to be blocked. Luo unambiguously has said many times that he had not yet been asked to waive or submit a list of teams, which would suggest things never got to that point. Until there is any real information, it just looks like more of the same rehashed myths.

Doug MacLean says on Hockey Central today at noon that he's hearing that a trade was all but done with the Leafs earlier this year, but Luongo nixed it because he had heard from a Florida source that they were going to beat the offer and make the trade with them happen.

Now the Leafs are pretty set with their line-up so Toronto deal may have been passed by.

Doug MacLean says on Hockey Central today at noon that he's hearing that a trade was all but done with the Leafs earlier this year, but Luongo nixed it because he had heard from a Florida source that they were going to beat the offer and make the trade with them happen.

Now the Leafs are pretty set with their line-up so Toronto deal may have been passed by.

I still think we should deal Schneider.

They are both more than capable, the Stanley Cup doesnt go to the best goalie, it goes to the best team.

Trading Schneider would improve our team with a better return. Some would argue that u are giving up the better goalie..

But goaltending isnt the problem, its scoring, defense and special teams.

So what move will potentially improve the team the most?

I think there is a chance he could be moved.

And I actually believe Doug. Just because there was other people reporting this, and it makes sense. Lu would kinda always dodge the Leafs questions.

I wish he hadn't. The deal then is probably better than what we will get now.

Hopefully we can make a move though.

I think Ray Ferraro has hit it on the nose , History has always shown with Gillis that he keeps contract and trade negoations private and does not discuss them in the media and only uses the media to his advantage .

I think he is blowing smoke and has one team in negoations and is looking to drive up the price by saying there is more teams with interest and has Gilman telling the media that they are 'past the tire kicking point " and now is trying to build his bargaining power by putting pressure on the leafs by saying that the summer will be a better time with more options for a deal .

Luongo will not be dealt at the trade deadline

Gillis better not be so focused on a Luongo deal that he passes up other opportunities to improve this team.

A third line center can be acquired through another trade. I'd rather see Luongo traded for picks and prospects anyways.

Archived