3230 replies to this topic

#271 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Flyers and Lightning have way more of the pieces we would need in a trade.

I've heard Laughton's name tossed around in other rumors. Maybe Laughton and a 1st?

I'm not sure if the Flyers wanna part with Couturier.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#272 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Watch it be Lecavalier for Luongo...

#273 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Sean Courturier coming the other way for Lu? Yes Please!

#274 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

Matt Read or Scotty Hartnell please

#275 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Watch it be Lecavalier for Luongo...

Lecavalier's past his good days. Luongo still has some gas in the tank.

#276 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Flyers and Lightning have way more of the pieces we would need in a trade.

I've heard Laughton's name tossed around in other rumors. Maybe Laughton and a 1st?

I'm not sure if the Flyers wanna part with Couturier.

I know, that's what kinda sucks about Philly. Your not getting Schenn or Couts. It would have to be a better hockey deal to part with them.

I'm beginning to think we need a bigger shake up. I'd dangle edler out there right now. See if you can get a hefty package for him. Then throw luongo and Kconn at Toronto for Gardiner.

Get the kings ransom for edler and replace him with luongo package. He will be a great defenseman for years to come but right now we need to roll the dice on some bold moves.

Edited by thad, 01 April 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#277 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

I know, that's what kinda sucks about Philly. Your not getting Schenn or Couts. It would have to be a better hockey deal to part with them.

I'm beginning to think we need a bigger shake up. I'd dangle edler out there right now. See if you can get a hefty package for him. Then throw luongo and Kconn at Toronto for Gardiner.

Get the kings ransom for edler and replace him with luongo package. He will be a great defenseman for years to come but right now we need to roll the dice on some bold moves.

Edler isn't going anywhere. He just signed a bargin contract to stay with the Canucks and has a NTC. I know it doesn't kick in until July but Gillis isn't a douche like Holmgren (Richards and Carter).

#278 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,863 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

St Louis just lost Halak, are a point up on Edmonton and Columbus, and even with JBo have only 38 million in cap committed next year.
Elliott's numbers last year were an aberation and his playoff performances have been below average.
Both Halak and Elliott have struggled this year, and both have only a year left on their contracts.

Luo Connauton

Sobotka Cole Elliott

#279 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

St Louis just lost Halak, are a point up on Edmonton and Columbus, and even with JBo have only 38 million in cap committed next year.
Elliott's numbers last year were an aberation and his playoff performances have been below average.
Both Halak and Elliott have struggled this year, and both have only a year left on their contracts.

Luo Connauton

Sobotka Cole Elliott

I've seen Perron's name on twitter quite a bit. He would be a nice add

#280 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Edler isn't going anywhere. He just signed a bargin contract to stay with the Canucks and has a NTC. I know it doesn't kick in until July but Gillis isn't a douche like Holmgren (Richards and Carter).

He's made a commitment to everyone he's signed here but something's gotta give. We're not getting a break. Gillis is outta options, adding a centre just isn't going to cut it. It doesn't have to be edler but we need to do something. Cory is being our Jonathan quick but gillis has 2 days to add punch to this team or were drafting drouin.

#281 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 17,863 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

I think what's going to happen is Toronto sweet talks Kipper, and sends a 1st to Calgary. Calgary sits on four 1sts.

Feaster turns around and realizes he now needs a goalie, so he jumps in and gets Luongoed.

Luo

Backlund, Calgary's 1st.

Aaron Ward says Luo to Calgary is a done deal.

Luo says HELL NO!

Luo to Florida for Matthias and Petrovic.

Edited by oldnews, 01 April 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#282 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

Luo Connauton

Sobotka Cole Elliott

Elliott was terrible in last years playoffs and has been mediocre at best this year. Allen would be a great goalie return. A dream package would be Stewart and Allen for Lu and ???. Let the Blues trade Elliott to the Leafs, haha.

#283 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

I think what's going to happen is Toronto sweet talks Kipper, and sends a 1st to Calgary. Calgary sits on four 1sts.

Feaster turns around and realizes he now needs a goalie, so he jumps in and gets Luongoed.

Luo

Backlund, Calgary's 1st.

Lol that would make my day but yeah right

#284 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

Luo

Backlund, Calgary's 1st.

Comeon Oldnews, you can't be serious. The Flames are doing a firesale because they are rebuilding, they don't want a 34 year old goalie. Also, there is zero chance Lu would waive his NTC.

#285 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 17,863 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Elliott was terrible in last years playoffs and has been mediocre at best this year. Allen would be a great goalie return. A dream package would be Stewart and Allen for Lu and ???. Let the Blues trade Elliott to the Leafs, haha.

Elliott is just us taking back a salary and a backup who scarcely touches ice, knock on wood.
The value is in Sobotka and Cole.

#286 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 17,863 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Comeon Oldnews, you can't be serious. The Flames are doing a firesale because they are rebuilding, they don't want a 34 year old goalie. Also, there is zero chance Lu would waive his NTC.

read the punchline.

#287 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,386 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

Maybe its all the latest conspiracy effort by the media to bring Lou's trade value further down...

:huh:

Who in Toronto is going to want him now?

http://www.sportsnet...-to-join-leafs/

7uongo single handedly ruins this teams chance for a cup.

Selfish bellyflopper.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 02 April 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#288 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Can someone tell me why teams are willing to give up first round picks for guys like Bouwmeester, 2 second round picks for a plug like Regehr in a rental role, yet Luongo apparently isn't worth a 1st and a good prospect?

Calgary will likely want a first for Kiprusoff, and the Leafs would do that with the possibility of him retiring after the season and its somehow worth it, but to give up slightly more and get 5 years or more of solid goaltending isn't worth it??

#289 NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

I've been a long-time Luongo supporter. It all comes down to this: trade Luongo for prospects and picks or trade Schneider for an impact player. Luongo will get us a decent return for the future of this team, but will not help us this year or next. Schneider can get us an impact player (I remember Bob McKenzie saying that Schneider could have gotten us Jeff Carter, so a big bodied sniper isn't out of the possibility).

It all comes down to what MG wants to do. Does he go all-in and try and win the cup this year or next (the cap decreases significantly next year so it will be harder unless we get some really good players on low $ contracts or ELCs)? Or does he stock up on assets and hope that a future core of Jensen, Gaunce, Kassian, Corrado, Tanev, and an older Edler, Kesler, and Schneider can win us the cup?

I don't think this is the year to go all in. We may not be the favourites, but I like the idea of staying competitive for a while. Then when the time seems right go all in.

If Gillis accepted picks/prospects only, what do you think the package would be? Better or worse than what Calgary got for Iginla?
Go Canucks Go!!!

#290 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Gillis will be able to move Lou because there are teams who have an immediate need. At 33 he has another 4 -5 years of quality play. A lot changes in that amount of time. The CAP should start climbing again as the NHL re-establishes some credibility and reasserts a claim to being a media affordable option compared to the NBA, MLB and the NFL. If Lou doesn't play until 42 then the acquiring team shares the tail end of the contract with Van. Lou stabilizes the net for a stretch that allows acquiring teams to bring their young net talent along. Gillis won't trade Schneider because it defeats his aim of getting the roster younger. Van does not have anyone in the system that comes close to Schneider. Gillis has three contracts he has to unload; Lou, Ballard and Booth. He trades Lou now to give flexibility in summer player movement.

#291 Socrates

Socrates

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Posted Imagethad, on 01 April 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

I'm beginning to think we need a bigger shake up. I'd dangle edler out there right now. See if you can get a hefty package for him. Then throw luongo and Kconn at Toronto for Gardiner. Get the kings ransom for edler and replace him with luongo package. He will be a great defenseman for years to come but right now we need to roll the dice on some bold moves.

Agreed with Thad, but my reasoning is different - "dangle" Edler while we still can (NTC July) and while there are still GMs who are blind enough to believe in his "potential". "Kings ransom" you say - IMO, you're deluding yourself.

Agreed with Sampy as well, but again for the wrong reasons. AV loves him unconditionally, while I have said over the years that Edler is a liability. Wish we could "bless" some other team with that "bargain" of a contract, but I am afraid our window of opportunity is closing pretty fast.

Moving Edler might not have even crossed MG's mind, given the other issues he has to deal with - hope I am wrong.

#292 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,578 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Gillis will be able to move Lou because there are teams who have an immediate need. At 33 he has another 4 -5 years of quality play. A lot changes in that amount of time. The CAP should start climbing again as the NHL re-establishes some credibility and reasserts a claim to being a media affordable option compared to the NBA, MLB and the NFL. If Lou doesn't play until 42 then the acquiring team shares the tail end of the contract with Van. Lou stabilizes the net for a stretch that allows acquiring teams to bring their young net talent along. Gillis won't trade Schneider because it defeats his aim of getting the roster younger. Van does not have anyone in the system that comes close to Schneider. Gillis has three contracts he has to unload; Lou, Ballard and Booth. He trades Lou now to give flexibility in summer player movement.

agree on all counts, no way Schneider is even in consideration. I still think NYI make the most sense..........on the verge of making the playoffs, Lu probably pushes them in for this season and is their #1 for the forseeable future

#293 Socrates

Socrates

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

I would add Edler to your list with no hesitation, freeing close to $20M.

But MG has a huge problem: these 4 contracts are not that appealing, especially with the cap going down. There is always a second partner in any trade (sometimes more) - it's not enough for us to decide to move them.

#294 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

I think acquiring Roy makes it slightly more likely that we'll move Luongo too. Now MG doesn't have that pressure to get an awesome 3rd line centre back. He'll be more willing to deal for picks and futures, I think.

#295 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,389 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

I think acquiring Roy makes it slightly more likely that we'll move Luongo too. Now MG doesn't have that pressure to get an awesome 3rd line centre back. He'll be more willing to deal for picks and futures, I think.

OR

Now that he's addressed his biggest need via a prospect and a pick, he could just keep the guy who backstopped this team to 1 win away from a Cup in case his heir apparent can't deliver. Proven commodity in case the new guy isn't able to.

Never a bad idea to have two #1 goaltenders especially if you can afford it for now.

Edited by Dasein, 02 April 2013 - 10:40 AM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#296 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

With a center spot open (even with Roy coming in) and only 47 signed under contract - it looks like Luongo is going out for a package of players...

#297 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

With a center spot open (even with Roy coming in) and only 47 signed under contract - it looks like Luongo is going out for a package of players...

I'll believe Luongo is traded once TSN reports it. I have feeling he'll be in Vancouver on Thursday.

Sig too big. -SN

#298 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

With Roy addressing the Center hole, what other areas do we need filled.

Right handed D
Prospect pool

Also Higgins and Raymond are yet to be re-sign. Could we see them being part of a Luongo Package? A Raymond & Luongo deal would be quite the boost to a teams roster

#299 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

With Roy addressing the Center hole, what other areas do we need filled.

Right handed D
Prospect pool

Also Higgins and Raymond are yet to be re-sign. Could we see them being part of a Luongo Package? A Raymond & Luongo deal would be quite the boost to a teams roster

Luongo for Gudbranson?
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#300 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Tampa, the Flyers and Washington have to be under a ton of pressure right now to do something. Gillis should be able to pull something off. I wouldn't mind seeing St. Louis come here, he'd be great on either of the top two lines. I know he has NTC but there have been rumors of him moving for some time, so he could waive it. Now go ahead and tell me he's too old.

Edited by aliboy, 02 April 2013 - 12:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.