The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

I hate Luongo with passion

But if I step back and look at our holes, cap space, and our means of filling those holes.

I go down on Luongo.

I trade Schneider.

I fill the holes

I raise the Stanley cup.

I drink beer out of the Stanley Cup.

@SpectorsHockey: Mike Gillis should get GM of the year if he trades Luongo for a good return without taking back a bad contract in the deal.

@SpectorsHockey: Luongo to #Wild or #Islanders? Sure, if the Canucks take back Heatley or DiPietro...

@SpectorsHockey: Mike Gillis should get GM of the year if he trades Luongo for a good return without taking back a bad contract in the deal.

@SpectorsHockey: Luongo to #Wild or #Islanders? Sure, if the Canucks take back Heatley or DiPietro...

On this day:

June 23, 2006 -- Canucks traded Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen and Alex Auld to Panthers for Roberto Luongo, Lukas Krajicek and a 6th round pick.

Could we see a deal happening today? Likely not.

Dreger: The Bernier trade takes the Leafs out of the mix for Luongo...

Gee thanks for that groundbreaking tweet Dreger. I don`t think people could have come to that conclusion. :picard:

That might as well read, "na na na na na we got a goalie". I hope Reimer outplays him and they gave up a 2nd round pick and a good 4th liner for nothing.

To me, it seems like a no brainer to keep Luongo and develop another young goalie for the future. Ericksson and Lack look to be solid prospects to groom. Our team needs to improve, and all that we do by getting rid of Luongo is get cap space. No thanks.

Gillis should be talking with Colorado and Florida about a deal for one of their picks in a package around schneider.

To me, it seems like a no brainer to keep Luongo and develop another young goalie for the future. Ericksson and Lack look to be solid prospects to groom. Our team needs to improve, and all that we do by getting rid of Luongo is get cap space. No thanks.

Gillis should be talking with Colorado and Florida about a deal for one of their picks in a package around schneider.

Thank god the leafs are out on Luongo. I didn't want any of their "Assets" coming to our team.

Nonis' bf Dreger is saying that other teams are interested.

I think Minnesota is a dark horse considering that they are moving out of our division and Backstrom is a UFA.

Schneider for Charlie Coyle, Danny Heatley (50% retained)

This is ideally how it should have happened two years ago. But management got cold feet and decided they didn't have complete faith in Luongo.

Imagine the package we could have got for Schneider a couple years ago when teams were all begging for him.

And then to be able to keep developing goalies like Lack and Eriksson in the future in order to get even more return would have put this franchise ahead.

But it's too late for that. Schneider is the guy now, and we just gotta hope the team can get something decent for Luongo. And having Lack and Eriksson in the system now makes me a little less nervous for when Schneider's contract is up in a couple years.

Archived