3230 replies to this topic

#421 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

We have the pieces for a good PP IMO. I honestly believe that Newell Brown is the issue in that regard. But if you are thinking that way maybe Mark Streit?

Agreed. Brown, for whatever reason, refuses to adjust his game plan even mid-contest. That's the sign of weak coaching IMHO. A coach needs to be a man for all seasons and is required to always look for another tool in his arsenal. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't but you can't refuse to alter your strategy. In war, for a field commander, that gets armies slaughtered.

I've been pretty vocal that Streit is the guy I want. International, big game experience and is solid on both sides of the puck. I consider his on-ice vision to be an A+. He isn't the most skilled player out there but he is one of the savviest.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#422 The Great Dane

The Great Dane

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

@DarrenDreger: Tor and Van had additional discussions re: Luongo trade. Sounds like Canucks still want more than Leafs are willing to give. #tradecentre

#423 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger18s
Deadline day should be highlighted by Leafs interest and perhaps a decision between Kipper and Luongo. 3rd option...do nothing.#tradecentre

Seriously Dreger?

There have been big moves, and still moves to come, but the highlight of the trade deadline is the Leafs showing interest in things and possibly doing nothing? :picard:

Toronto Sports Network media at it again...

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 02 April 2013 - 06:36 PM.

zackass.png

#424 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Agreed. Brown, for whatever reason, refuses to adjust his game plan even mid-contest. That's the sign of weak coaching IMHO. A coach needs to be a man for all seasons and is required to always look for another tool in his arsenal. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't but you can't refuse to alter your strategy. In war, for a field commander, that gets armies slaughtered.

I've been pretty vocal that Streit is the guy I want. International, big game experience and is solid on both sides of the puck. I consider his on-ice vision to be an A+. He isn't the most skilled player out there but he is one of the savviest.

I worry about how a defenseman like streit would hold up in a much tougher conference.

Garrison, Ballard, Wideman, were kinda overvalued cause of the minutes they logged on week teams in a week division.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#425 Seguin

Seguin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Seriously Dreger?

There have been big moves, and still moves to come, but the highlight of the trade deadline is the Leafs showing interest in things and possibly doing nothing? :picard:

I think he's saying deadline day tomorrow will be highlighted by this goalie situation because most other major moves were already made today.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#426 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,804 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Sounds like Gillis could be looking for a winger now instead of a center.

Kulemin and Gardiner?

I still don't want any players from the Leafs.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#427 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,163 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Sounds like Gillis could be looking for a winger now instead of a center.

Kulemin and Gardiner?

I still don't want any players from the Leas.

MacArthur+Gardiner

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#428 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Seriously Dreger?

One thing a guy has gotta remember is Toronto and area is like half of Canada population wise.

If I ran TSN I would probably do the same.

I have no faith in this deal, Toronto doesn't need Luongo and we don't need Toronto.

It's for ratings
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#429 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,400 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

I really hope the Nucks doesnt trade with the Leafs, I don't want any one on their roster. Much rather trade with the Panthers

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#430 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

I think he's saying deadline day tomorrow will be highlighted by this goalie situation because most other major moves were already made today.

I think it will still be highlighted by other things unless a trade is made.

The Pominville situation is interesting.

One thing a guy has gotta remember is Toronto and area is like half of Canada population wise.

I have no faith in this deal, Toronto doesn't need Luongo and we don't need Toronto.

It's for ratings

Yeah, I would look at MacArthur or Kulemin at this point, but if they don't want to do it, then I dont see it.

zackass.png

#431 Tanev

Tanev

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Well Rogers & Bell co-own the Leafs so we shouldn't be surprised about the media being biased, since they have the same employers as the Leafs..

#432 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,308 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

It's for ratings

and that Dreger is Nonis' cousin.

#433 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

And Schneider cramping up and letting Frolik deek him out of his jockstrap also was a key component for the Hawks making it to Game 7.

Not a single media outlet besides the ones in maybe Chicago thought the Hawks deserved to win Game 6. Schneider was the only one to blame.

Embarrassing.

I think you'll have to get a Superbowl ad to advertise that in order for the Schneider fan boys/ luongo haters to see it lol.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#434 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,135 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

I think the biggest problem with the PP is that Kesler hasn't been around to carry the puck through the N-zone with speed. Even the threat of it forces teams to back off.......right now, other teams know that there is no one to carry the puck with speed and confidence......easy to defend

#435 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Fark me; had a heart attack as I just saw Gaunce for Fincour from Dallas! :picard:

Wrong Gaunce...

Lets have some fun;

Miller to TO for Gardiner.

Pomminville and Myers for Lou and Edler?

Lou, Raymond and a 3rd for Streit, Nabakov, Nino and a (?) 2knd.

Toss in Ballard ins

Raymond for McBain

Lou for Mike Green

Bryzgalov to the Leafs for Liles :lol:

Lou & ? to Flyers for Voracek.

Ballard for Boyes

:frantic:

#436 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,688 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

People, READ. NEWS ONLY =/= DISCUSSION

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#437 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

I worry about how a defenseman like streit would hold up in a much tougher conference.

Garrison, Ballard, Wideman, were kinda overvalued cause of the minutes they logged on week teams in a week division.

That wouldn't concern me in the least. Look at the minutes situation on our blue line. Having that much depth means guys can be handpicked for assignments. Plus Streit isn't a one dimensional guy and he isn't soft, slow or fading.

BTW, how are you including Garrison in a list of things to be worried about? Guy's a rock.

#438 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

National Hockey Leafs deadline day.

SYvE9NH.gif

#439 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

If it's Leafs
Gardiner + Macarthur

Philidelphia
Read + Pick for Lu
Hartnell for Lu

New Jersey
Clarkson + ? for Lu
Henrique for Lu

#440 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

I think the biggest problem with the PP is that Kesler hasn't been around to carry the puck through the N-zone with speed. Even the threat of it forces teams to back off.......right now, other teams know that there is no one to carry the puck with speed and confidence......easy to defend

Completely. It's because we have not moved off having Eddie do it. He's slow and predictable. When he's receiving the pass from the off side point he is dangerous but he's not the player the coaches are trying to make him to be.

For gosh skaes, when we had Schroeder on the first unit they didn't let him carry or distribute the puck and had he and Edler in the exact opposite positions from what they should have been. Newell Brown must be blind.

The only way i see the coaches figuring it out would be to give them a guy that was so obviously meant for the role that they couldn't over look him, much like they have to Ballard.

#441 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

SamJam99
Am told tonight that the #Capitals, #Islanders, and of course the #Leafs are all in the mix for the #Canucks in a potential Luongo trade

#442 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,135 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

If it's Leafs
Gardiner + Macarthur

Philidelphia
Read + Pick for Lu
Hartnell for Lu

New Jersey
Clarkson + ? for Lu
Henrique for Lu

I'm not a religious man, but please god!

#443 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,135 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

SamJam99
Am told tonight that the #Capitals, #Islanders, and of course the #Leafs are all in the mix for the #Canucks in a potential Luongo trade

Is this the first time the Isles their name has been out there publically?

#444 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

SamJam99

I'd feel better about it if that info came directly from you....

Still.... 2/3 ain't bad.

#445 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

I'd feel better about it if that info came directly from you....

Still.... 2/3 ain't bad.

Thanks man, I wish I could tell you more info but I got nothing on the Luongo front. All I know is that they are not done.

#446 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,135 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Completely. It's because we have not moved off having Eddie do it. He's slow and predictable. When he's receiving the pass from the off side point he is dangerous but he's not the player the coaches are trying to make him to be.

For gosh skaes, when we had Schroeder on the first unit they didn't let him carry or distribute the puck and had he and Edler in the exact opposite positions from what they should have been. Newell Brown must be blind.

The only way i see the coaches figuring it out would be to give them a guy that was so obviously meant for the role that they couldn't over look him, much like they have to Ballard.

it's too bad that \ballard has such poor hands and has so many brain farts..........he's the kind of skater that should be carrying the puck on the pp.

#447 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

lp

#448 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

We also miss Kesler, who has a decent RHS at the top of the left circle on the PP; blasting right handed one timers. Big time!

As for below; Edler has decent puck skills and vision, but certainly not speed. He sort of lumbers through the middle, and we have that horrible drop pass. Maybe that's not fair, he can get up to speed, but he's not explosive nor does he jump laterally at all to burst past a checker. That is what is necessary to push into opposing defences on the PP.

it's too bad that \ballard has such poor hands and has so many brain farts..........he's the kind of skater that should be carrying the puck on the pp.

#449 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

:blush:

#450 samirjaver

samirjaver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Is this the first time the Isles their name has been out there publically?

lol

Edited by samirjaver, 05 May 2013 - 05:07 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.