The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

Tampa and Washington have to be under a ton of pressure right now to do something. Gillis should be able to pull something off. I wouldn't mind seeing St. Louis come here, he'd be great on either of the top two lines. I know he has NTC but there have been rumors of him moving for some time, so he could waive it. Now go ahead and tell me he's too old.

Totally. He just switched the dynamic of the team's immediate needs. It will really screw with the spin coming from the talking heads who won;t know how to get Lou to TO for nothing now. What do they have we need right now? Nothing. There's no fit.

Lou is staying till the offseason IMHO unless that home run pitch becomes available. MG doesn't need to do it now. By waiting he opens himself up to getting that roster player, 1st and top prospect deal he has been seeking. Teams will be much more likely to move their 2104s too.

Maybe NYI come out with a crazy offer for Lou today... could happen but I'm not holding my breath.

I see this as a bit of a Keynesian philosophy... spend your assets now in the lean times and save them up in the fat times (the offseason). I don't mind if we mortgage the future as long as it's only for a few months.

The media seems to think 4 teams is impossible. I dont strike MG as a liar. There are enough teams that could use a Lu.

TML

TBL

EDM

NJ

WAS

FLA

could all be slightly interested. People have mentioned PHI.

Dont see how this is so hard to believe.

Archived