The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

I seriously just want Luongo gone now. No more Luongo trade threads and playoff choking. He's a funny and great guy but I just don't want him in a Nucks Uniform anymore. I'm sick of it.

I'm not bringing this up to argue but I've seen a couple posts on here regarding this. You have to take statements like that with a grain of salt. When things are going good you love your role players, you love everyone on the team and you make these bold statments about everyone on the team. I mean what is he supposed to say, "Wow McLaren sucks, ha ha, did you see that pass he made, lol ... brutal". If you would phrase the question another way such as, "Do you think you could play in the NHL without the back up you're getting", a lot of guys would be more straightforward then.

At this point, I think there are only 2 options left in trading Luongo.

1) Pure Rentals - Riberio, etc

2) Bad contracts - Brad Richards, Mike Green, etc

Luongo is an awesome goale with a bad contract. But if we only gets rentals, or pick up another bad contract, it is fair game for both sides.

One thing I want to point out is, why wait to trade him in the off season? It is now that teams are trying to make the playoffs that Luongo worth the most. And he is the only elite goalie left on the market, with Kipp out of the trade question. I personally don't think waiting for the off season is going to improve his value.

But then again, what do I know about hockey GMing.

We will either trade Cory or buy out Luongo, both are far better options for the GM's looking for goaltending.

They are backing Gildo into a corner.

This is a distraction to the organization

No matter how many spoofs they do on TSN

Seriously Gillis, You owe it to this guy to find him a team. He's been a pro for almost a year now while this mess has went on and you have less than 30 min, What a disappointment. Sometimes you need to think about the player as a person rather then squeezing every last drop of value out of a trade. Calgary had to do it with Iginla, and I think Luo has definitely earned more respect than this.

GIllis has handcuffed this organization and essentially thrown this year away by having unrealistic expectations on LU's value.

They have no cap room, numerous non-performing contracts (Lu, Booth, Ballard) and he is giving NT clauses to third line checkers (HIggins).

If I'm Aquilini and things go as it appears they will (early exit) with the dollars expended, Gillis is gone!

GIllis has handcuffed this organization and essentially thrown this year away by having unrealistic expectations on LU's value.

They have no cap room, numerous non-performing contracts (Lu, Booth, Ballard) and he is giving NT clauses to third line checkers (HIggins).

If I'm Aquilini and things go as it appears they will (early exit) with the dollars expended, Gillis is gone!

Archived