3230 replies to this topic

#1201 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Weren't you supposed to use Comic Sans MS to indicate sarcasm? I was sure you did this. You should continue, cause you are terrible at making your sarcasm obvious.

I honestly, wholeheartedly and sincerely say I never in my life, used Comic Sans MS for anything whatsoever. I don't know where you got that idea from. I don't even read comic books. I despise them all. Though I do appreciate the art for what it is, but no more.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 18 April 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#1202 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

So Luongo starts next game yes? And if he wins it he'll start the next one and so on yes?

Enough d!cking around. Time to get our bench warming elite goaltender ready for the playoffs.

A god damned disgrace.

#1203 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,787 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

No offence but when I see your name I usually don't really pay much attention to what your saying

And I'm sure others get this too.

Good luck too you too.

#1204 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

So Luongo starts next game yes? And if he wins it he'll start the next one and so on yes?

Enough d!cking around. Time to get our bench warming elite goaltender ready for the playoffs.

A god damned disgrace.

I agree with u but at this point the situation has unfolded so poorly and management has been absolutely disgraceful... I know jm dreaming but even if Lui went in and won 16 in a row with shutouts in the playoffs he would still want to be gone come the off season because of how poorly this red neck mg has treated him.

Anyways...
I'd give Cory the start on Saturday just based on how poorly Lui has played vs the wings this year. I don't think he's played as poorly as people say vs Detroit but at the end of the day he's got two losses.

Then give Lui Chicago, and see how it goes after that. I'm willing to bet my house Lui would make the Hawks cry.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#1205 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

I agree with u but at this point the situation has unfolded so poorly and management has been absolutely disgraceful... I know jm dreaming but even if Lui went in and won 16 in a row with shutouts in the playoffs he would still want to be gone come the off season because of how poorly this red neck mg has treated him.

Anyways...
I'd give Cory the start on Saturday just based on how poorly Lui has played vs the wings this year. I don't think he's played as poorly as people say vs Detroit but at the end of the day he's got two losses.

Then give Lui Chicago, and see how it goes after that. I'm willing to bet my house Lui would make the Hawks cry.

Wow, has someone taken over your account? I'm really impressed. I agree give Cory the Wings and let Luongo get some sweet revenge on the hawks possibly for the last time as Canuck. If I were a betting man I would say Luongo plays lights out against the hawks

#1206 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Wow, has someone taken over your account? I'm really impressed. I agree give Cory the Wings and let Luongo get some sweet revenge on the hawks possibly for the last time as Canuck. If I were a betting man I would say Luongo plays lights out against the hawks

Hahahah even I thought one of the goalies would have been moves at the deadline. Mg failed to do so... that being said he did bring in roy so I can't complain. He's the best deadline acquisition I recall the canucks ever making.

my opinion of luongos skill hhasn't changed though.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#1207 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,974 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

I honestly think that if Luongo gets some games in the playoffs he'll play like some reincarnation of Jesus. I agree with you about Lu playing the Hawks

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1208 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

I honestly think that if Luongo gets some games in the playoffs he'll play like some reincarnation of Jesus. I agree with you about Lu playing the Hawks

Luongo is out to prove the world wrong. U could see it in his eyes after his deadline interview.

If av gives him a chance u can bet ur life he'll carry the torch. That being said I don't c Cory playing poorly enough to give Lui the chance.

2cz94w5.jpg

#1209 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Luongo is out to prove the world wrong. U could see it in his eyes after his deadline interview.

If av gives him a chance u can bet ur life he'll carry the torch. That being said I don't c Cory playing poorly enough to give Lui the chance.

Luo is a great goalie, one of the best in the league, I've never doubted Luo ability. I hope for his sake he does get traded in summer and I hope he goes to florida. I think he would do unreal there. He would get to be with his wife, and play in a non hockey market where he wont get scrutinized over every goal. he'll probably play lights out and turn Florida into a contending team. (that plus they have a awesome prospect pool). In all fairness I think this team owes it to him. Even if he goes for basically nothing.

He's giving his all for this team and has put up with fans calling for his head year after year. This year he hasn't made a fuss and he's been a constant pro. It would be a nice change of scenery for him and he does deserve it.

Vancouver is a great city, but for a goalie it's also being like put into an oven with everyone expecting you to burn. It would be extremely mentally draining on a person, He is still human. But I want luo to have a fresh start in a new city and no doubt in my mind that he will succeed.

#1210 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Luo is a great goalie, one of the best in the league, I've never doubted Luo ability. I hope for his sake he does get traded in summer and I hope he goes to florida. I think he would do unreal there. He would get to be with his wife, and play in a non hockey market where he wont get scrutinized over every goal. he'll probably play lights out and turn Florida into a contending team. (that plus they have a awesome prospect pool). In all fairness I think this team owes it to him. Even if he goes for basically nothing.

He's giving his all for this team and has put up with fans calling for his head year after year. This year he hasn't made a fuss and he's been a constant pro. It would be a nice change of scenery for him and he does deserve it.

Vancouver is a great city, but for a goalie it's also being like put into an oven with everyone expecting you to burn. It would be extremely mentally draining on a person, He is still human. But I want luo to have a fresh start in a new city and no doubt in my mind that he will succeed.

So we can then expect Schneider getting mentally drained. If Luongo can't make it in Vancouver, no one can.

#1211 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

I agree with pretty much everthing you said. Even right now, I see Luongo as a starter regardless.

I don't even know where the goalie graveyard came from, all thanks To Brian Burke who named us that. What a coward.

It was him that brought in Felix Potvin who was a failure from day 1. He struggled he replaced him with another goalie that wasn't that great in Dan Cloutier

Rant over.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#1212 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

I agree with pretty much everthing you said. Even right now, I see Luongo as a starter regardless.

I don't even know where the goalie graveyard came from, all thanks To Brian Burke who named us that. What a coward.

It was him that brought in Felix Potvin who was a failure from day 1. He struggled he replaced him with another goalie that wasn't that great in Dan Cloutier

Rant over.

Cory Hirsch
Mike Fountain
Arthurs Irbe
Sean Burke
Garth Snow
Kevin Weekes
Felix Potvin
Corey Schwab
Alfie Michaud
Bob Essensa
Dan Cloutier
Peter Skrudra
Martin Brochu
Alex Auld
Tyler Moss
Johan Hedberg
Mika Noronen
Rob McVicar
Maxime Ouellet
Dany Sabourin
Curtis Sanford
Jason LaBarbera
Andrew Rayfroft
Roberto Luongo

And soon to be:

Schneider
Lack

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 19 April 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#1213 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

So we can then expect Schneider getting mentally drained. If Luongo can't make it in Vancouver, no one can.

Honestly, we are already seeing a break in Schneider. I think Schneider will eventually be able to handle it - but he will face some failures and learn from mistakes as Luongo did with the media.

Luongo's learned everything he needs - he's done every wrong at every level in the playoffs with the media. Luongo is now at a place where he is finally comfortable and can do no wrong. He's finally able to handle this city.

It'll take Schneider time. Our window to win, however, is now. Why, then, stick with the younger less experienced?

Lack will come along. Goalies can always be attained through trades and signings. That's how we got Luongo. Schneider brings a long-term security, but Luongo provides the win-now opportunity.

Stick with #1. Get assets for #35. Go for the Cup.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#1214 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Honestly, we are already seeing a break in Schneider. I think Schneider will eventually be able to handle it - but he will face some failures and learn from mistakes as Luongo did with the media.

Luongo's learned everything he needs - he's done every wrong at every level in the playoffs with the media. Luongo is now at a place where he is finally comfortable and can do no wrong. He's finally able to handle this city.

It'll take Schneider time. Our window to win, however, is now. Why, then, stick with the younger less experienced?

Lack will come along. Goalies can always be attained through trades and signings. That's how we got Luongo. Schneider brings a long-term security, but Luongo provides the win-now opportunity.

All well and good in your eyes. Tell me, why are Schneider's stats better than Lou's over the last 3 seasons? Surely that indicates superior play.

#1215 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

All well and good in your eyes. Tell me, why are Schneider's stats better than Lou's over the last 3 seasons? Surely that indicates superior play.

C'mon. Don't compare his backup statistics with Luongo's starter statistics.

This year, Schneider has been statistically better. But you can't compare them in the two previous years.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#1216 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

C'mon. Don't compare his backup statistics with Luongo's starter statistics.

This year, Schneider has been statistically better. But you can't compare them in the two previous years.

Actually..if you care to look back, Schneider has outplayed Lou at every opportunity and situation. Maybe you can't compare but obviously management can. Stay in denial !

#1217 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Words of gold. Most quit before reaching success and that's how I see the Luongo affair. He is now trained for this city and we're ready to quit on him. The grass always seems greener in another yard.

#1218 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

LP

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 19 April 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#1219 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

Actually..if you care to look back, Schneider has outplayed Lou at every opportunity and situation. Maybe you can't compare but obviously management can. Stay in denial !

The technicality of goaltending!!!!

I get it now. You're an imposter trying to destabilize this team. A God damned Chicago/ Boston fan.

Luongo's contract might look bad now. But Schneider's next contract will be above 6 if not 7 million dollars. Careful what you wish for. We all know what happens when an athlete is perceived to be paid more than their actual worth and / or don't live up to their contracts.

#1220 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

The technicality of goaltending!!!!

I get it now. You're an imposter trying to destabilize this team. A God damned Chicago/ Boston fan.

GHL take a rest....it never ends with your negativity....try an open mind..might be refreshing for you. Schneider and the technicality of goaltending is why hes #1 :)

#1221 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

honestly, i never thought Jesus was a hockey player.

but on topic: I don't think there will be any problems with our goalies this year. Our forwards will need to do what they failed to do in the '11 SCF game 7.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1222 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

I once suggested dealing Luongo along with Kesler and Ballard to Detroit for Zetterberg, Kronwall, and Howard.

Given how things played out for them, they may be more open to this deal. For one, Lidstrom's retirement has meant the club has taken a step back - and they're in no position to contend for the Cup in five or so years with their current line.

But maybe if they dealt Luongo, Kesler, Ballard for Zetterberg and Howard.

For the Wings, it changes the personality of the team, bringing in a top goalie who can fill the hole vacated by Lidstrom. Luongo by himself is better than Howard when playing at their respective peak. Playing in Detroit, for Babcock might do it. Throw in Ballard and Michigan-born Kesler, things get energetic for Detroit, and I think they can get up and go toe to toe with Chicago and contend again. Babcock would love to have his Olympic goalie in the NHL.

For the Nucks, it grants them a second-line (or alternate first) centre who has won it all and can help get them over the hump. Howard is a top goalie, but one who can more easily share a net with Cory than anyone with Luongo. This deal could do it.

#1223 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,974 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

I once suggested dealing Luongo along with Kesler and Ballard to Detroit for Zetterberg, Kronwall, and Howard.

Given how things played out for them, they may be more open to this deal. For one, Lidstrom's retirement has meant the club has taken a step back - and they're in no position to contend for the Cup in five or so years with their current line.

For the Wings, it changes the personality of the team, bringing in a top goalie who can fill the hole vacated by Lidstrom. Luongo by himself is better than Howard when playing at their respective peak. Playing in Detroit, for Babcock might do it. Throw in Ballard and Michigan-born Kesler, things get energetic for Detroit, and I think they can get up and go toe to toe with Chicago and contend again. Babcock would love to have his Olympic goalie in the NHL.

For the Nucks, it grants them a second-line (or alternate first) centre who has won it all and can help get them over the hump. Howard is a top goalie, but one who can more easily share a net with Cory than anyone with Luongo. This deal could do it.

They just re-signed Howard and named Z captain. Why exactly would Detroit and Vancouver do this?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1224 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

They just re-signed Howard and named Z captain. Why exactly would Detroit and Vancouver do this?

LOL because NHL13!
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#1225 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

I always admired Lu's refusal to shoulder the full burden of poor defensive results. As a result Van media tended to slag him a bit. As it sits now he is in a no lose situation in Van as he waits for a trade. Schneider on the otherhand has been too open IMO accepting responsibility for goals that clearly resulted from poor d-zone play in front of him. He does have a temper as demonstrated at the end of the Dallas game. He had every reason as his team melted down in front of him.

#1226 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,037 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

I always admired Lu's refusal to shoulder the full burden of poor defensive results. As a result Van media tended to slag him a bit. As it sits now he is in a no lose situation in Van as he waits for a trade. Schneider on the otherhand has been too open IMO accepting responsibility for goals that clearly resulted from poor d-zone play in front of him. He does have a temper as demonstrated at the end of the Dallas game. He had every reason as his team melted down in front of him.

What Schneider says publicly and what goes on behind closed doors are likely 2 different messages. The message is going to be a lot more effective after Schneider publicly took the fall for the bad D. Plus, maybe the D might play a little more confidently in front of Schneids knowing he won't throw them under the bus.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#1227 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Jakob Markstrom today

4 goals allowed on 16 shots.

Nuff said.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#1228 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

What Schneider says publicly and what goes on behind closed doors are likely 2 different messages. The message is going to be a lot more effective after Schneider publicly took the fall for the bad D. Plus, maybe the D might play a little more confidently in front of Schneids knowing he won't throw them under the bus.

Sorry mate but Luongo saying to the rest of the team they must play better passes. Schneider telling the team to play better confronts some major egos in the room; he can be turned out faster than a Luongo trade that's for sure.

#1229 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Howard is at worst close to Lou.

Zetterburg > Kesler
Kronwall >>> Ballard

Not sure why you see Detroit looking on this all that favourably?

#1230 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

The way I look at it Lou is ready to quit on us...

It's him that was emotionally scarred by being sat against LA when he was being outplayed. His reaction; I want out?

At that point who can blame fans...

We should have given him his wish & cut bait on having given him his last two wishes; more $'s than an African dictator and a chance to win a cup! Lou should know you don't get more than 3 wishes?

Words of gold. Most quit before reaching success and that's how I see the Luongo affair. He is now trained for this city and we're ready to quit on him. The grass always seems greener in another yard.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 20 April 2013 - 12:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.