The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger4m

Canucks called at 2pm...made a trade offer, Tor declined. Van called at 2:30 with 2nd offer, Tor declined...3rd offer at 2:45pm...decline.

2:00 Gilman: "Hi, I'd like to order two extra large with pepperoni, mushrooms and pineapple"...(puts his hand over the phone and laughs out loud with Gillis)...dial tone....

2:30: Gilman: "Hi, I'd like to order a couple house special chow meins and a wonton soup"....(hand over the phone:)...dial tone.

2:45: Gillis: "We've reconsidered. We'll take Scrivens....and your next four 1sts.... and....a couple orders of pad thai and a bowl of tom ka gai.....No?....mk...."

Already addressed.

3rd party = CBA

Actually, in the case where there is not a third party interest, you can revise any contract as you please, so long as both parties are in agreement and there are no "rules"/"laws" in place to prevent it. Contracts are re-negotiated all of the time.

Brodeur, a true team player, has never taken more than $5.2M since the cap was implemented. Lu demanded to be paid and now he is seeing the repercussions. Canucks had to circumvent the cap to afford a good team so that Lu could selfishly be paid, unlike the rest of the Canucks players that took below market value. He made his bed, he can enjoy laying in it. I am not a Lu hater but I don't feel bad for him in the slightest.

Brodeur, a true team player, has never taken more than $5.2M since the cap was implemented. Lu demanded to be paid and now he is seeing the repercussions. Canucks had to circumvent the cap to afford a good team so that Lu could selfishly be paid, unlike the rest of the Canucks players that took below market value. He made his bed, he can enjoy laying in it. I am not a Lu hater but I don't feel bad for him in the slightest.

I think Toronto is currently burning the bridge.

I'd rather give Luo to Florida for a B prospect than deal him to the Leafs at this point.

I like Reimer - I hope he plays well - but regardless, I think the Luo to TO ship has sailed.

MG's final offer:

Sources tell ESPN.com that the Canucks were willing to unload Luongo on Toronto for goalie Ben Scrivens and a pair of second-round picks in their final, final offer before the minutes ticked away.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/23232/rumblings-luongo-deal-fails-to-launch

I would've dropped the 2nd 2nd pick to make the deal. Scrivens is a good young goalie with lots of upside, a 2nd is nice and unloading Lu's contract would've been the right thing to do for the long run.

Archived