3230 replies to this topic

#1351 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Wizeman what would luongo's average cap hit be if he was a ufa in the summer? U don't think someone would sign him for 5.333 a year for 6-7 years. GM's would be all over him if he was a ufa. His contract isn't as crappy as most make it out to believe. If Howard is getting 5.333 year i would take luongo at 6 any day.

#1352 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Even if there is some truth to what you say, the constant replies to talk about Luongo being worse than Schneider is just as bad as CH101 posting his drivel.

The point you should have taken from my post was that they weren't a bunch of soft goals but rather the result of sustained pressure by the Oilers and the team did little to help him out.

You have a problem with incorrect quoting. No where did I mention Schneider or a comparison to him. What I do comment on are technical issues which you undoubtedly have no comprehension about. We are on a forum, where opinions are shared, and sometimes you might want to read and learn something rather than getting your knickers in a knot. Lou has technical issues, he stated on air that's what he was working on during the lockout. He is not utilizing theses changes, is chasing the puck ,and his consistency is suffering. If you don't like what we say, ignore us and I'll do the same because you add little to this forum in the way of goaltending knowledge.

#1353 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Smurf... jesus. There is no need to be so damn abrasive.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#1354 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Smurf... jesus. There is no need to be so damn abrasive.

No kidding, eh? I try and make a reasonable point in reply to a completely different poster and it turns into a chance for him to reply about how bad Luongo was. Thankfully he spared us by not regaling in Schneider's superior numbers - for this post at least.

Edited by elvis15, 29 April 2013 - 07:11 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1355 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

You have a problem with incorrect quoting. No where did I mention Schneider or a comparison to him. What I do comment on are technical issues which you undoubtedly have no comprehension about. We are on a forum, where opinions are shared, and sometimes you might want to read and learn something rather than getting your knickers in a knot. Lou has technical issues, he stated on air that's what he was working on during the lockout. He is not utilizing theses changes, is chasing the puck ,and his consistency is suffering. If you don't like what we say, ignore us and I'll do the same because you add little to this forum in the way of goaltending knowledge.

My quoting is just fine. A good 3/4s of your posts mention some form of comparison between Schneider and Luongo, and often enough they have about as much substance as CH101's posts. The other 1/4 of your posts? They either degrade Luongo or praise Schneider.

A few posts from the last couple of pages as examples:

kinda like Lou but worse? Lou got pulled once every 11 games last season!!! and , Schneider by "playing poorly" is in the top 10 in SP and GAA ..now, let me look.....hmmmmm tied for 4th in SP, and hmmmmm and 9th in GAA.....not bad huh? ohhhh ....wheres Lou....hmmmmmmm ohhhh...here he is...22nd in SP .......and.....ohhhhh 16th in GAA...almost 1/4 goal per game worse than Schneider....my oh my :)

Hes in goal ! Who is riding the pines? Defense rests !!

Cory Schneider says Hi as he holds his first star against Detroit !! Eat crow !

once in awhile, behind Schneider !! The Technicality of Goaltending....pity !

If you feel like my post is so grossly incorrect, you didn't have to respond to it in the first place since I was replying to another poster altogether. And I never said Luongo was perfect or denied any technical issues, but you seem quite willing to ignore any impact the team had in front of Luongo during those goals by once again forcing your technicality of goaltending mantra down our throats at every turn.

#1356 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

My quoting is just fine. A good 3/4s of your posts mention some form of comparison between Schneider and Luongo, and often enough they have about as much substance as CH101's posts. The other 1/4 of your posts? They either degrade Luongo or praise Schneider.

A few posts from the last couple of pages as examples:

If you feel like my post is so grossly incorrect, you didn't have to respond to it in the first place since I was replying to another poster altogether. And I never said Luongo was perfect or denied any technical issues, but you seem quite willing to ignore any impact the team had in front of Luongo during those goals by once again forcing your technicality of goaltending mantra down our throats at every turn.

Typical of you ..picking the posts that suit your purpose...how about my post after the Edmonton game? I was saddened for Lou. I'm not a Lou hater, I'd like nothing more than to see him improve his game and status. But for people who look at his past, thinking it will repeat itself are sadly mistaken. Lou was angry at himself after that game and he had every reason to be.,I am beating a dead horse here because few people understand whats going on with Lou. I'm outa here, dealing with people without logic or understanding and condescending , judgemental people like you....I mean...who but an egoist calls himself Elvis ? Adios

#1357 6of1_halfdozenofother

6of1_halfdozenofother

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

I don't know if it's been mentioned before (it probably has), and I'm not about to go through 6 full threads + 46+ pages of a 7th thread to find out.

However, if I were Roberto, I would probably nix any trade proposed involving me, just so that I would stay with the Canucks. Nothing better than showing up to every practice and game, giving the big F.U. to AV until he's fired. ::D

Edited by 6of1_halfdozenofother, 29 April 2013 - 09:30 PM.

People who label others as bandwagoners, people who tell other people "how" to cheer for their team, "how" they should act or what they should wear to "support" their team, people who only want to hear positive thoughts and don't want to read about how the team can do better - these are people who are insecure and uncomfortable within their own skin.

I'll support my team the way I choose, thank you very much. You can choose to support your team the way you want to, and I won't judge you on it as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me. I'll also be quick to point out where I think the team can do better, because identifying that there is a problem is the first step to fixing it; denying or ignoring a problem won't solve anything.

Go Canucks Go.

#1358 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

@smurf*
The posts that suit my purpose? Those were the most recent posts you've made, and I left out a couple that didn't talk specifically about Luongo and Schneider both. How far back do you want me to go to to pick out posts that don't make it look like that's nearly all of what you post in this thread? Do you want me to go look in other threads to help make you look better, when what I'm talking about is how often you post the same kind of thing in this thread (which is what makes it annoying).

Perhaps you'd like me to post the one that got removed by the mods:

Well..keep it up pal and you will get another ban from forum, because that's all you can do is slam other peoples opinions without adding any substance. Just goes to show how little you know . Take the high road, man up, and admit Schneider is better.

Or here's some of the others I missed when I 'hand-picked' the other posts:

The only thing I've ever suggested I know something about or threads I've responded to are goaltending. Schneider is and has played exactly as I predicted and relegated Lou to backup status. Eat crow, I'll supply the condiments. But keep up the put downs GHL....stay true to yourself.

You are a one trick pony !!!painful

Has anybody looked at Reimer's stats in Toronto....926 Sp, an 18-6 record ? Nonis is looking like a genius in not trading impact players for Luongo ! Reimer is sure looking like a keeper(pun intended) :)

All well and good in your eyes. Tell me, why are Schneider's stats better than Lou's over the last 3 seasons? Surely that indicates superior play.

Actually..if you care to look back, Schneider has outplayed Lou at every opportunity and situation. Maybe you can't compare but obviously management can. Stay in denial !

GHL take a rest....it never ends with your negativity....try an open mind..might be refreshing for you. Schneider and the technicality of goaltending is why hes #1 :)

I've never said you're a Luongo hater, only that a majority of your posts are essentially the same content about how Luongo is bad and Schneider is good. We get it, that's your opinion - expert or not. Feel free to let others have theirs and not constantly reply with it over and over again.

Or, you can pretend you don't do that and take the high road while telling others to eat crow so you can stay true to yourself and your one trick pony - which really means staying in denial about how you post frequently about the technicality of goaltending (aka Luongo is worse than Schneider) rather than trying an open mind instead of slamming other people's opinions.

* I tried to quote more of your posts but it seems I ran into the quote limit so I'll just leave out your last reply and let you consider if by the posts I did show you there is a pattern as I mentioned. Remember, I haven't called you a hater, just repetitive and going out of your way to overshadow anything other than the issues Luongo has in your opinion.

Edited by elvis15, 29 April 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#1359 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

I don't know if it's been mentioned before (it probably has), and I'm not about to go through 6 full threads + 46+ pages of a 7th thread to find out.

However, if I were Roberto, I would probably nix any trade proposed involving me, just so that I would stay with the Canucks. Nothing better than showing up to every practice and game, giving the big F.U. to AV until he's fired. ::D

Perhaps way back in one of the first few threads something similar was mentioned, but it certainly wouldn't be anything where he'd prevent a deal just until AV was fired. AV has nothing to do with Luongo's position now, it's all about how Schneider has come up and replaced him as the starter.

Even then, I don't think Luongo has any interest in vetoing any and all possible trades so he can stay in Vancouver. He's made it clear he'd like to be in Florida at least, and he doesn't want to share time with Schneider (or stay here as a backup) long term. Perhaps, if a deal is made for Schneider to be traded, he'd consider staying but without knowing what he's thinking that's not more than an outside possibility at this point.

#1360 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Typical of you ..picking the posts that suit your purpose...how about my post after the Edmonton game? I was saddened for Lou. I'm not a Lou hater, I'd like nothing more than to see him improve his game and status. But for people who look at his past, thinking it will repeat itself are sadly mistaken. Lou was angry at himself after that game and he had every reason to be.,I am beating a dead horse here because few people understand whats going on with Lou. I'm outa here, dealing with people without logic or understanding and condescending , judgemental people like you....I mean...who but an egoist calls himself Elvis ? Adios

I think you missed the whole point there.

Edited by WiDeN, 29 April 2013 - 10:01 PM.

Posted Image

#1361 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

It looks like the Panthers will be drafting McKinnon with the 2nd overall. They have an abundance of high end prospect centers and Markstrom has shown he is not ready. Panthers didn't need/want Lu this year, the season was already a loss because of the lockout and they had a ton of injuries. They will be expected to compete next year and Lu would give them much needed veteran experience and all star goaltending.

#1362 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

It looks like the Panthers will be drafting McKinnon with the 2nd overall. They have an abundance of high end prospect centers and Markstrom has shown he is not ready. Panthers didn't need/want Lu this year, the season was already a loss because of the lockout and they had a ton of injuries. They will be expected to compete next year and Lu would give them much needed veteran experience and all star goaltending.

I agree. They look more like a team in the position to be interested.

Posted Image

#1363 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

I think you missed the whole point there.

Pretty much, and that's the last I'll say on it so I can go back to not really paying attention to him and CH101 again.

#1364 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

I think ... well, pretty much the exact opposite. He might have been picky last summer,but by now I think he just wants out.

I'd say Calgary, Edmonton, mmmaybe Buffalo and Columbus would be the only teams he'd reject at this point.

I do not see how a player not being traded would lead to a coaching change in any way.

#1365 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

Actually, picking from your posts to suit a purpose would be more difficult than just randomly picking a few; you were exposed as a Schneider fan/ Luongo basher long ago.

And of course, a small intended slight when no other recourse will suffice.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 30 April 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#1366 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Actually, picking from your posts to suit a purpose would be more difficult than just randomly picking a few; you were exposed as a Schneider fan/ Luongo basher long ago.

And of course, a small intended slight when no other recourse will suffice.

Back from your banishment I see welcome! You might note, most of my retorts are directed at you and not so much Lou. I'm just going to add you to my ignore list because I'm tired of your snide remarks(the technicality of goaltending) while adding nothing to the discussion. I won't play your game any more nor will I comment on this Lou/Schneider fiasco. Schneider is now #1 for reasons that should be apparent to all.

Edited by smurf47, 30 April 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#1367 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Back from your banishment I see welcome! You might note, most of my retorts are directed at you and not so much Lou. I'm just going to add you to my ignore list because I'm tired of your snide remarks(the technicality of goaltending) while adding nothing to the discussion. I won't play your game any more nor will I comment on this Lou/Schneider fiasco. Schneider is now #1 for reasons that should be apparent to all.

I think for the most part you are just preaching to the choir. People get tired of you beating this opinion over and over again in a pissing contest with CH101. If you think you're above his "snide remarks", then be above it, don't become it.

Posted Image

#1368 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

our dear Luongo threads still true to form.
a true enigma - how they manage to do this to us, ad infinitum.

#1369 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

our dear Luongo threads still true to form.
a true enigma - how they manage to do this to us, ad infinitum.

This hasn't been a Luongo thread for along time.

It's definitely the most entertaining.

Posted Image

#1370 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

I think for the most part you are just preaching to the choir. People get tired of you beating this opinion over and over again in a pissing contest with CH101. If you think you're above his "snide remarks", then be above it, don't become it.

I agree and am done here, really a waste of energy, so..its to the golf course for me...see if I can improve on my 5 handicap..but in closing...really isn't your call or Elvis to chastise anyone on this board...that's for the moderators....adios.

#1371 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

I agree and am done here, really a waste of energy, so..its to the golf course for me...see if I can improve on my 5 handicap..but in closing...really isn't your call or Elvis to chastise anyone on this board...that's for the moderators....adios.

I think the moderators have already dropped at least one post of yours, and that was something I mentioned. Feel free to make this thread all about you and CH101 though, with no regard to the other forum members who might want to have a reasonable discussion.

#1372 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

THANK GOD FOR NONIS.

Or else we would have scrivens iin net today.

MG u got the luck of the Irish or ur ass would be canned!

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#1373 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

THANK GOD FOR NONIS.

Or else we would have scrivens iin net today.

MG u got the luck of the Irish or ur ass would be canned!

That's if you believe Dredger saying that all Gillis asked for was Scrivens and two 2nd round draft picks, which you shouldn't.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#1374 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hopefully reimer gets lit up tonight and lu steals the show, then tmrw we all visit the TML discussiion boards...

#1375 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

Hopefully reimer gets lit up tonight and lu steals the show, then tmrw we all visit the TML discussiion boards...

Pretty similar results. Reimer was ok and Lu had a chance to steal the show until letting in 2 weak ones in the 3rd
. Oh I know the fanboys will say he had no chance, and it blah blah defence, but really, a rebound fron a backhand from the boards from the corner sliding along the ice at 50mph, and then going into his classic clam mode instead of butterfly on the 3rd goal, yes it was deflected but if he was in butterfly with his legs to the side instead of striaght forward he would have made that save. 2 bad goals at a very bad time, and yes our offence did suck, but sometimes ya have to get elite goaltending and win 2-1 when maybe you are not playing your best.

#1376 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Lu wasn't the reason they lost. Very solid in the 1st. The longer he plays the more his value increases. :)

#1377 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Lu wasn't the reason they lost. Very solid in the 1st. The longer he plays the more his value increases. :)

Wishful thinking.
Coming off a very mediocre season for the 2nd year in a row, and being 11th in gaa and 12th in sv% out of 13 goalies is NOT going to increase his value.

#1378 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

Pretty similar results. Reimer was ok and Lu had a chance to steal the show until letting in 2 weak ones in the 3rd
. Oh I know the fanboys will say he had no chance, and it blah blah defence, but really, a rebound fron a backhand from the boards from the corner sliding along the ice at 50mph, and then going into his classic clam mode instead of butterfly on the 3rd goal, yes it was deflected but if he was in butterfly with his legs to the side instead of striaght forward he would have made that save. 2 bad goals at a very bad time, and yes our offence did suck, but sometimes ya have to get elite goaltending and win 2-1 when maybe you are not playing your best.

Really? Gotta love the support he gets around here...especially after that save in the first where he allowed us a chance to keep it 0-0.

1st goal was a good shot through two Canucks in front of Luongo on the PP.
2nd goal was a scramble with Desjardins sitting in the middle of his crease so he didn't even have a chance to dive across for a save.
3rd goal was a pass from behind the net that Luongo has lined up until it gets deflected.

Or we could try and have our current players score goals instead of relying on former players to get us on the board.

#1379 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Really? Gotta love the support he gets around here...especially after that save in the first where he allowed us a chance to keep it 0-0.

1st goal was a good shot through two Canucks in front of Luongo on the PP.
2nd goal was a scramble with Desjardins sitting in the middle of his crease so he didn't even have a chance to dive across for a save.
3rd goal was a pass from behind the net that Luongo has lined up until it gets deflected.

Or we could try and have our current players score goals instead of relying on former players to get us on the board.

Don't really want to knock Luongo's game yesterday because I thought he played well, good enough to win but that first save shouldn't have happened in the first place. It was absolute terrible rebound control, the puck should have been in the corner not right back out into the slot, Luckily enough he stopped it or it would have looked really bad on him. The thing about Luongo is he makes this really good desperation saves and yes they look nice but at the same time if he was good at playing positional he wouldn't be forced to make them. it would be a routine stop for most goalies.

Having said that, last nights game was not Luo's fault at all, our captain and his brother failed to show up. It all started in the first when torres took a run at hank and they played scared the rest of the game. Too many second guesses even when they had clear shots. But the twins are top end players they will be ready to go tomorrow, they have to much pride not to.

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat, 02 May 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#1380 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,696 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

NEW NEWS REGARDING SCHNEIDER'S INJURY
w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=uPbqMKN3JSs

Spam spam spam spam spam....wonderful spam...

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.