HARTNELL - OTT - CLOWE

HIGGINS - LAPIERRE - TORRES

SESTITO

HAMHUIS - BIEKSA

GARRISON - MYERS

BARKER - TANEV

LUONGO

SCHNEIDER

Every game against the Canucks is a game in hell.

I still think we should deal Schneider.

They are both more than capable, the Stanley Cup doesnt go to the best goalie, it goes to the best team.

Trading Schneider would improve our team with a better return. Some would argue that u are giving up the better goalie..

But goaltending isnt the problem, its scoring, defense and special teams.

So what move will potentially improve the team the most?

BUF

Edler

Prospect

VAN

Ott

Myers

PHX

3rd

VAN

Torres

PHI

Raymond

Ballard

2nd

VAN

Hartnell

SJS

1st

VAN

Clowe

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - KASSIAN

BURROWS - KESLER - HANSEN

HARTNELL - OTT - CLOWE

HIGGINS - LAPIERRE - TORRES

SESTITO

HAMHUIS - BIEKSA

GARRISON - MYERS

BARKER - TANEV

LUONGO

SCHNEIDER

Every game against the Canucks is a game in hell.

If we can get Clowe/Roy/Jagr/Bozak/Matthias.. Pink 3 out of the 5 and somehow STILL fit Luongo, i say we keep him.

For what the guy's done for this city and organization, i'd rather keep him for this year and if we win a cup, he gets a ring too. He deserves it.

There you go again, minister, stringing us along again! ;)

If he were cheap enough, as a pending UFA he might be ok. If they took one of Booth or Ballard, that might be a plus as it'd be better than buying them out. He does block shots and hit a bit (as well as being above 50% in faceoffs) but only has 2 points on the year, gives away the puck a bit much and doesn't play against particularly tough opposition (so not a great shut down option).

Actually, I'd rather keep Booth or Ballard then move them for a pick than trade them for Handzus after looking at his stats this year. We'd be better off trying Lain on the 4th and keeping Lapierre on the 3rd (and Schroeder on the 2nd, moving to wing when Kesler returns).

The only thing Handzus helps the Canucks with are face-offs. He's a proven NHL commodity in that regard. You can't expect Lain to be able to win FO against NHL vets.

The only reason I can see this making any sense is if MG views that category, FO, as a vital part of the puck possession of the team and that Handzus' other liabilities would be lesser than the statistical gain from having a FO won. It really comes down to how the management and coaches compartmentalize our on-ice strategy.

I don't even think it would be worth sending Ballard, or Booth, back to SJ for the savings.... they may be a potential playoff opponent. Handzus is worth a 6th round pick at most right now. Maybe it is a part of a deal along with Clowe? I could see that though.

Archived