Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zombieksa

[Speculation] Chicago trying to acquire Nielsen (Those meanies!)

12 posts in this topic

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130330/sports/703309860/?interstitial=1

If this happens it would tick me off more than anything that could possibly happen... Have wanted Frans for years. If he is now in play for the right price, Move Lu for him and Nabokov, maybe a few odd pieces being included. Because...

Saad-Toews-Kane

Sharp-Nielsen-Hossa

Bickel-Bolland-Shaw

That isn't even a fair top 9.

It's going to take a sever overpayment to get the Islanders to move Nielson, so meh.

They can have him - we'll take Nelson... (and Casey).

Dafuq is with the overhype of Frans effing Nielsen on these boards? He's a below average centre on a remarkably bad NYI team.

http://www.dailyhera...?interstitial=1

If this happens it would tick me off more than anything that could possibly happen... Have wanted Frans for years. If he is now in play for the right price, Move Lu for him and Nabokov, maybe a few odd pieces being included. Because...

Saad-Toews-Kane

Sharp-Nielsen-Hossa

Bickel-Bolland-Shaw

That isn't even a fair top 9.

You sound like they are acquiring Gretzky in his prime. Big whoop if they land Nielsen, because he isn't gonna put them over the top.

Dafuq is with the overhype of Frans effing Nielsen on these boards? He's a below average centre on a remarkably bad NYI team.

I think people think that he's younger than he actually is (29 in April), but he is probably one of the best 3rd line two way centers in the league with a lot of offensive upside (think Brandon Sutter, but better offense).

Also he is the best shootout guy in the league.

Why arnt we involved in these rumours!? -_-

It could happen. NYI has Tavares and Bailey down the middle, and Casey Cizikas emerging this season... Although I'd imagine Chicago's offer would have to be substantial to pry Nielsen out of there. His cap hit is solid, he's signed for 3 more years, and he does it all for them... there's no pressing need to move him.