The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Armchair experts: Why can't the Canucks score?

murray hall

No Heart

Playing not to lose

Far too defensive, AV thinks he's up 1-0 no matter what the score is

Sure injuries have played a bit of a role, but thats no excuse.

PP has been useless all season.

This team hasn't looked good since January last year against Boston. I don't know what they need to shake things up. It may be trading a key player, making a coaching change at the end of the year, or keep trying to win these really tight games and have an early offseason.

Our PP is god aweful, and the Sedins insist to constantly pass the puck when they are in a prime shooting area on the PP.

My suggestion:

Put Schroeder with daniel on 1 PP unit

Henrik on a different unit

Why cant we try something like this our PP is something like 2 for 56, thats pathetic, considering our top 2 players and top D men have been healthy all year, theres no excuse to NOT break up the Sedins on the PP. If we try this next game and stick with it, I am quite confident we will see a PP goal scored!

We need to get someone like Naslund. A great sniper who could pick a spot and score.We don't really have that. This season has been a tough one. A lot of players have not played like they are supposed to, I just hope they can get back on track next game. Forget about the Oilers lets focus on the next one.

No Heart

Playing not to lose

Far too defensive, AV thinks he's up 1-0 no matter what the score is

Sure injuries have played a bit of a role, but thats no excuse.

PP has been useless all season.

This team hasn't looked good since January last year against Boston. I don't know what they need to shake things up. It may be trading a key player, making a coaching change at the end of the year, or keep trying to win these really tight games and have an early offseason.

I think we play just to keep the #3 seed. Minnesota Wild go on a winning streak then we push with our winning streak. Then Minny losses then we come out flat and unmotivated to play the Oilers...

Or they are playing to make the playoffs then try. After 2 President's trophies with no SC, I don't think they the regular season matters that much

The answer is simple:

1) Our vets aren't putting up the points they used to

Sedins, Burrows - past their prime (not saying they're not good, just not as good as before)

Kesler - hurt - possibly our best overall player is out, powerplay looked dangerous when he came back

Maholtra out

Lapierre ineffective

Notice all 4 of our centers are on this list

2) Our new players are not as good as our old players

Samuelsson > Booth

Salo > Ballard

Erhoff > Garrison

Hodgson > Kassian

Torres > Sostito? Pinnizoto? any of our new 3rd 4th liners

This crop of players will score again when Kesler gets back but will never be as good as they used to. Has our window closed?

The answer is simple:

Sedins, Burrows - past their prime (not saying they're not good, just not as good as before)

Kesler - hurt - possibly our best overall player is out, powerplay looked dangerous when he came back

Maholtra out

Lapierre ineffective

Samuelsson > Booth

Salo > Ballard

Erhoff > Garrison

Hodgson > Kassian

This crop of players will score again when Kesler gets back but will never be as good as they used to. Has our window closed?

The answer is simple:

Maholtra out

Lapierre ineffective

Samuelsson > Booth

Salo > Ballard

Erhoff > Garrison

Hodgson > Kassian

lol there u go saying kesler kassian booth they have to play with out those 3 and be able to score but they aint going any where they have a lack of ability to score and they wont go far gillis cant get good goal scorers the aquilinies dont help apply to get better goal scorer and they have to find the ability to score have to have the desire and the ability to win and the desire to win win win

Archived