The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT- Vancouver 0 Vs Edmonton 4

canucktican

The point is our goalies are basically equal. If Luongo had have shut the door, people would be praising the decision.

In reality, it appeared to many that Schneider was thrown under the bus... but the real failure here was that this didn't light a fire under the Canucks' ass. The stupid D-men made the same stupid mistakes that led to the first two goals.

Absolutely no accountability.

God, you and the rest of CDC throwing in the towel after one off game is pathetic. Off games happen for every team in a season - yes we got outplayed in every facet of tonights game, and yes he didnt put in much effort tonight - but thats not true lately (except maybe the last game against coloardo, whcih wasnt a great effort ). We deserved the wins of our win streak - games like the recent LA and Columbus games we played were fantastic - solid shut the door defence, spectacular goaltending, and good Zone time offensively, with many chances (although we do need another sniper on the team).

Its funny you mention Kadri and Hall on the nights they get hat tricks. I swear canuck fans have such a short term memory, our effort has been great lately, and AV has got the most out of an injured team lacking centers.

Will we win the cup this year, i would say it is unlikely, we dont have the depth we had in 2011, but if our injured players come back and we get hot at the right time, you never know what can happen ( ie 1982 and 1994 canucks after mediocre seasons, or last years Kings).

This is not me being 'yur a trader, canuck fan 4 life'. I just think you and some others need to look back a couple games before spazzing out that the sky is falling. Or double your anti depressant dose after an off game.

If Lu came in and shut the door, I'd still think it was a bad decision. But maybe I'm just stubborn.

And it's not like we have many options right now. You start benching and sitting players struggling...the ones who are playing decent become overplayed, fatigued and risk injury. We just have to sweat these games out and hope/pray the scoring touch comes back. And/or Gillis can do some magic before the 3rd. :wacko:

We'll have to agree to disagree then, because I strongly feel that if you can sense a goalie is going to have an off game (which happens, and it's VERY visible) or even off period, you pull him.

The fact that this deflated the team for the ENTIRE GAME is pathetic, however.

I'm not suggesting we sit anybody. I just want AV to spit out his damned gum and say something to his players when they are playing lazy, sloppy hockey. He can't just expect to figure everything out for themselves, but that's all he damned well does during any given game.

Is AV afraid to talk to his players? Does he "respect" them too much to criticize?

Either AV refuses to talk to his players (for whatever reason), or they don't listen. Either way, his job is in vain, and he needs to be replaced.

This years team will be a 1st round KO just like most years.skill wise were not as good as we use to be and it's pretty obvious, we shouldn't depend on Cory or Lou to only allow 1 goal a game so we can score 2 and win. Even when the players who r injuried come back this team has no offense and frankly just painful to watch. No fight back and I don't blame AV I think minor shake up is needed. It's like watching the devils of the late 90's early 2000 let's hope r goalie wins the game and will try to trap.

After watching the Canucks play the CBJ and barely defeating the hapless AV's...I had a sense before the game that the Oilers were going to beat the Canucks (although,not in the first three minutes of the game)...It was a must win for the Oilers if they have any aspirations about the playoffs.

It was a brutally embarrassing game...I hope they learn from it....Conversely,you must put things into perspective...they've just won 6 straight (so they haven't tuned out the coach)...it's a banged up squad...It's a team that I think could use some new faces.

Sign of things to come folks

People keep saying injuries etc but lets be honest here.

1. We are only really missing 1 impact player - Kesler. So the injury excuse is supposed to explain this continous poor offensive output? Poor defensive play? No power play? Kesler is not Wayne, Mark, Niklas, and Ray rolled into one. He is terrific when he's on a a BIG loss but its one player.

2. Kassian helps but hasn't been used properly so his impact is arguably minimal. And Booth, well he's been minimal to non existant since he got here so argument made, case closed and proven, it aint injuries.

3. We are slow, aging, and don't have the right mix. I said this on the thread about MG that I got flamed on but last nights game was your foreshadowing of what we'll see in a few years when we lose Hank and Dank. Beatings from the young, hungry, and FAST oilers. Yes they've had alot of first round picks but what it exposed is what I was saying in that other thread, we're not winning the cup with this team, and we're not positioned well for the future - we're stuck in the middle. Last night was a perfect example.

4. Our pp is horrendous. I have never seen teams so lacking of fear in my life, that they just get in our players faces and press them. No respect from opposition that we'll score and we're not. We hardly even get set up in the offensive zone, we have 4 players standing at the opposing blue line when trying to break in, and we can't hit the net when we do get possession. This is the mix of players and coaching.

Horrendous game, this team needs a change, too many passengers and a country club atmosphere. They are prepping for the playoffs in what 15 games? and we come out like that? Against a young, fast team? Oilers aren't out of it and regardles they play hard yet we think we can just cruise in?

2012 all over again - we'll turn it on mentality.

Character is lacking as I have been saying. Hunger, wanting it.

Oilers wanted that game, the nucks looked like they wanted their hotel beds and ppv movies.

This years team will be a 1st round KO just like most years.skill wise were not as good as we use to be and it's pretty obvious, we shouldn't depend on Cory or Lou to only allow 1 goal a game so we can score 2 and win. Even when the players who r injuried come back this team has no offense and frankly just painful to watch. No fight back and I don't blame AV I think minor shake up is needed. It's like watching the devils of the late 90's early 2000 let's hope r goalie wins the game and will try to trap.

The quick goalie change, without a timeout called, was a panic move. AV saw the turmoil unfolding in front of him, and did what he does best, that being, start the line juggling without first using the timeout that the league has so kindly afforded him, in this case it was the goaltending.

No wonder guys start to question their abilities on this team, and go into prolonged slumps, AV is not giving them the tools to succeed, in this case one of those tools for Schnides would have been the timeout called. After Lou let in the intial 2, and had the benefit of an intermission things settled down, he hunkered down and had a good game after that, I believe if AV would have afforded Schnides the time out, we would have seen him settle in.

I'm not taking anything away from the Oil, as I think we have seen flashes of what will be a VERY GOOD team in the future, I believe they also let off the gas, as Juice would have maimed Hall if they didn't.

We need to stop blaming the people (players) and take a look at the process(AV's system or lack thereof), I believe that the talent pool on this team is better than what we have been witnessing, without VERY GOOD goaltending we have a good team with a poor system, poor leadership.

i went to the game. all i can say is absolutely brutal performance. av should have made the d not chip in as much against a speedy oiler team.

nobody had any legs everyone was slow and alberts was brutal (sorry have a hate on this guy).

only positive was lu without him it could of been 6 -0.

Stopped reading right there... The ignorance on these boards is utterly astonishing.

What the hell is wrong with everybody? Am I the only one who manages to stay awake and watch the games? Am I tho only one who watches them sober? What the hell gives?

Do you all just sit there on your computers, MAYBE with the game on audio (probably not), and just wait for highlights, boxscores, and CDC banter to fill your head with mindless dribble?

What a joke. Nobody is paying any damned attention; and those who are paying attention are simply content with the "status quo", just like the lifeless Canucks. Good god.

So can I ask something then? Why do you bother?

It's not "ignorance", it's just that some have a different mindset than you...doesn't make yours right - just right for you. You don't have it figured out and no one else does.

Yes, they played like crap. It happens. Throwing a temper tantrum doesn't help. So you're either patient/in or you're not...that's your deal, not anyone else's.

People here are rolling with the momentum of "we suck". But to reiterate that each and other game?....makes more sense to just not bother if it becomes this painful. To yell that we're ignorant while you're basically saying there's no hope makes me question you more than others. They're here because they still find reason to be... Complaining certainly isn't going to help...it's not like deals will be made or things will change because of a lightbulb moment that CDC members have.

Is it ok to "settle"?....no, it's not. But some of us will simply wait for things to unfold, as we know we have absolutely no control over it.

So don't rip into people who don't share your thinking. Some of us are aware that there problems, but also watch teams turn things around. It's part of being a sports fans...nothing is a given. No team is "on" all the time...just makes you appreciate the winning moments even moreso.

Sure, the cheerleader mentality, but it works for me. And that's ok too, just as your thinking works for you. I get quiet on here when things go south because it becomes overkill. Everyone and their dog stating the same thing and what does that do?

I've said it many times but, as a Lions fan, I learned a year or two ago that anything can happen. That even some of the best slump at times but it doesn't mean they don't have the ability to turn things around.

It's all about the presenation...I read the feedback and many, here, give good, constructive ideas and feedback without the dramatics. That's readable material. The rest just becomes whining and that's annoying.

i think the point is, why when your team has allowed 2 goals in 2 shots in 2 minutes from sloppy play (neither goal was really cory's fault - first was a snipe, second found a hole through a screen) do you not take a time out.

settle your team down, give them pause, let the 'hit the restart'. Instead he switches tenders and what happens BOOM 3-0...

Umm whats the time out for? the 3rd period when he needs to take a dump?

So can I ask something then? Why do you bother?

It's not "ignorance", it's just that some have a different mindset than you...doesn't make yours right - just right for you. You don't have it figured out and no one else does.

Yes, they played like crap. It happens. Throwing a temper tantrum doesn't help. So you're either patient/in or you're not...that's your deal, not anyone else's.

People here are rolling with the momentum of "we suck". But to reiterate that each and other game?....makes more sense to just not bother if it becomes this painful. To yell that we're ignorant while you're basically saying there's no hope makes me question you more than others. They're here because they still find reason to be... Complaining certainly isn't going to help...it's not like deals will be made or things will change because of a lightbulb moment that CDC members have.

Is it ok to "settle"?....no, it's not. But some of us will simply wait for things to unfold, as we know we have absolutely no control over it.

So don't rip into people who don't share your thinking. Some of us are aware that there problems, but also watch teams turn things around. It's part of being a sports fans...nothing is a given. No team is "on" all the time...just makes you appreciate the winning moments even moreso.

Sure, the cheerleader mentality, but it works for me. And that's ok too, just as your thinking works for you. I get quiet on here when things go south because it becomes overkill. Everyone and their dog stating the same thing and what does that do?

I've said it many times but, as a Lions fan, I learned a year or two ago that anything can happen. That even some of the best slump at times but it doesn't mean they don't have the ability to turn things around.

It's all about the presenation...I read the feedback and many, here, give good, constructive ideas and feedback without the dramatics. That's readable material. The rest just becomes whining and that's annoying.

Archived