The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT- Vancouver 0 Vs Edmonton 4

canucktican

It seems as though the Canucks are never really ready at the start of a game. They rely entirely on the goaltender to bail them out for the first 10 or more minutes and then they decide to show up and play for a while.

I'm sick of seeing this pathetic routine. Something drastic needs to be done and soon or this team is gone from the playoffs early again, assuming they make it with these half-hearted "efforts".

LOL Schneider gives up 2 on the first 2 shots he faces, Luongo comes in and gives up 2 but then battles back and is the only one who actually is playing with any kind of compete in his game and you still rip Luongo?

you are a complete joke

Every team lays an egg once in a while.

I always enjoy the CDC aftermath.

Personally, I prefer the Canucks have their hiccups against teams on the cusp that I'd like to see in the playoffs.

I hope Edmonton makes those two points the difference that allows them to eliminate St Louis and Nashville from the playoffs.

Av threw Lou under the bus last spring in the playoffs when he declared CS as the #1. CS went on to win a mind blowing one game(defiantly deserved to be named the starter) in three. the powerplay one trick pony Brown and the D coach Rick B have not been able to produce. Like mentioned the PP is the worst in the league the d looks lost, bad coverage ill advised pinches. Does anyone on this team finish there checks even the plugs rarely hit at some point the finger must turn to the boss behind the bench.

Karma has a funny way of coming full circle, last spring and to some degree the year before Louie was hung out to dry by AV. Helping cover AV's short coming and is inability to motivate and adapt this team. now with few left to blame his name starts getting mentioned as it should .Every one says Louie is a great regular season goaltender but not so much in the playoffs. I say the same about AV and his entire coaching staff, out coached more time than i can remember poorly prepared and over confident. the off season should bring more changes than just the players its time for a new voice behind the bench.

What a great game this is! As a mere 'Limey', (Englishman) I love the unpredictability of this sport! Forget having a cheeky couple of quid (British Money pounds) on a winner, they all bloody beat each other all the time. You see, we just ain't used to this! We have 2 or 3 soccer (football in reality) teams who dictate and dominate and who can win the league (or equivalent to Stanley cup), but you 'guys' have this bizarre draft system that evens it out somewhat! Great fun and great game though. Don't fully understand the rules but hey, my bro emigrated to Vancouver so I am in! Gotta tell you though troops, Maple Leafs support in Ottawa was unbelievable, second to none. I thought they were at 'home' to be fair, thousands of the critters in the capital city! Match that!!!!

Anyway, 'go Canucks go' and all that jingoistic stuff. (You guys want to try some good old English style soccer chants like ' you're s*** and you know you are'. It really gets everyone going). Bring on the play offs and a Canucks maple leafs final - eh!

If you were there then you saw Lou get saved by two posts, a missed empty net. Some of those great saves were desparation saves after being totally out of position. His positioning was pretty bad and his reflexes saved him...he continually gets beat low by not sealing the bottom of the net, his lateral movement was clumsy. Definitely not text book goaltending.

LOL Schneider gives up 2 on the first 2 shots he faces, Luongo comes in and gives up 2 but then battles back and is the only one who actually is playing with any kind of compete in his game and you still rip Luongo?

you are a complete joke

Luongo looked just as sloppy and lost as his teammates did last night.

Luongo was flailing out of position all over the ice, got beat on a soft goal he should have had and then gets credit for making a good save after he should have had the first on in his glove anyway or going down early every shot getting beat upstairs 3 times but lucky he got help from the crossbar.

No they should go back to Schneider who i don't think should have been pulled in the first place. He is your best goalie you go back to him again it's a no brainer as far as i am concerned.

This team as a group simply had a horrible night and the Coilers couldn't do no wrong it wasn't our night.

In Lou's defense, he came in cold, almost immediately, in a game that was in utter turmoil from puck drop, dumped into the eye of the hurricane without shelter, I don't believe CS should have been yarded either, AV should have said okay hold on here, TIMEOUT, settle down boys back to basics let's reign this in and give Schnides some help.

His positioning is not as good as CS, never has been, he is more of an athletic goalie. I like CS's style more just for the simple fact there is less risk involved. But you would have to agree that over the years some of the highlight reel saves Lou has made are something to behold. With that being said with Lou getting a little older, the reflexes won't be what they were when he was in his 20's, but IMO he is still a great goalie.

I did play goal up until and including midget back in the 80's, so I'm not sure if in your eyes I would qualify to comment on the goaltending, but going to give you my opinion anyway.

Stats don't lie.

Canucks were 9-5-2 in March. GF 38, GA 36. Oilers were 6-6-3 with 40 GF and 42 GA.

So those "haters" saying Dubnyk is "greater than" the either Canucks Goalie, or that the Oilers are better need a better understanding of stats.

That said, I am getting tired of the Canucks coming out flat to start games...their PP is pathetic...if they don't fix those 2 things, they won't get passed the first round.

Archived